Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uma Kumaraswamy
Submit a review for Dr. Uma KumaraswamyYour feedback matters!
Had an unprotected sex with my wife 5 days before, will there is a possibility of getting pregnant. It was the 19th day of period. How to avoid this pregnancy?
I am 29 years old women. I have 3 years old girl baby at that time I don't have diabetic. Now I am planning for 2nd baby but now I have diabetic. So can I get 2nd baby without any problem. So please give good solution for this.
I am 25 years old female. Unmarried,and my weight is 45. My problem is sagging breast could please suggest me any best products without side effects. And it should give best result with in 1 or 2 months. 32 D is my breast size. I want that size. But it should not be saggy.
Sir, my wife is a pregnant I forced take in mouth I discharged cum in her mouth suddenly she swallow is any effect too her pregnancy or to a baby please reply.
Im pregnant and itz 28 days now. Suggest me some natural ways for abortion ,without consulting a doctor. Im in a critical situation I need a useful answer plzzz.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation.
The benefits of regular exercise in our constantly changing lifestyles cannot be over emphasized. Look at any of the lifestyle associated diseases and exercise is definitely one of the ways to beat it. Over the years, with stress and changed lifestyle, people are ageing faster than they should; the rate of ageing has also increased. Including exercise as a regimen can immensely help anti-ageing. Read on to know how exercise can help skin look younger and reverse some effects of ageing.
For those who are used to a moderate workout regularly, it is like an energy drink that fires up the brain and body, leaving you more alert and alive. While most people associate exercise with workout and fatigue, the truth is that it energizes and vitalizes the body like nothing else.
- With age, the outer layer of the skin thickens and the inner layer becomes thin. This results in freckles, dark circles under the eyes, reduced elasticity, etc. The thinning inner layer is not able to replace collagen and replace elasticity at the same rate as it is being lost. What exercise does is work up sweat, which cleans off the dead cells from the top layer. The skin pores open up, thereby allowing the skin to breathe which in turn allows more oxygen to reach the underlying thin layer, and lets it make collagen. This improves firmness and elasticity of the skin.
- Another way the skin is benefitted from exercise is the effect it has on the skin, which is almost equivalent to a facial. Sweating from an exercise opens up the pores, which removes all the dirt trapped in the immediate underlying layers. One should not forget to wash off the skin after a good workout; else the dirt can settle and cause damage.
- Another way exercise benefits the skin is by reducing general inflammation in the body. This helps regulate hormones that are essential for the skin and prevents free radical damage, which helps prevent ageing of the skin.
- Exercise also improves blood flow in the skin. A workout requires more blood flow to the various body parts and the tiny arteries under the skin open up, allowing more free flow of blood. This ensures the skin gets the essential nutrients that are essential for regular maintenance and growth and repair. It also reduces damage from sun and improves collagen production, which helps in controlling wrinkles.
As mentioned earlier, the underlying thinner layer has, what are called fibroblasts, which gradually reduce in number with age. The added nutrient supply can improve their number and function, adding elasticity to the skin. The overall health benefits, stress reduction, improved vitality and vigor add to these benefits, producing a younger-looking you!
Working out and staying fit might be on your do to list every day. But honestly ask yourself how often do you actually check it off your list. Yes, you want to work out but there are other things which come first meetings, taxes, work, office, family etc. This busy life style really turns your whole system upside down, from sleeping to eating to exercising. But staying super healthy is just as important as your super busy lifestyle. Here are some tips that might benefit you!
Here's how you can remain fit and healthy despite your hectic-rushed-did I mention occupied-tiring routine.
Priorities and commitment:
The most important step is to prioritize and commit. The way you prioritize work and ensure its completion within the time frame you give yourself, the same way you must commit to your work out. If you don't have the time to hit the gym then use pre planned short work outs. Now days so many work out apps are also available. Not to forget the medieval (yet most efficient) means like walking, cycling, skipping etc. It's always better to choose something over nothing! you really don't need one whole hour of a vigorous work out; even half an hour is good enough. Circuit training is another great alternative to work out with a time crunch it raises the heart rate and strengthens the muscles win win situation!
Use various methods to exercise:
Consistency is essential. You can't work out for 2 days and expect to see results on the third day! no matter how busy your day might be, it's essential to exercise for at least half an hour everyday to achieve results. It is scientifically proven that our body takes 21 days to develop a certain habit; so after you push yourself for 3 weeks it will eventually seem normal. Your daily physical activity must be creative. Take the stairs to work or up to your house. Avoid lifts and use the stairs instead. Buy a treadmill or a cycle and keep it in the corner of your office or room to use whenever possible. Go for a walk on the golf course the day the weather is to die for. Use different methods of exercise to ensure that 30 minute daily dose!
Find fitness in every activity:
Prefer stairs in stead of lifts in your office. Try to walk after dinner, it'll help with the digestion and exercise. Try to squeeze in a walk during breaks and lunch. If possible you can even schedule a" walking meeting. Walk around terminals while waiting for your public transport. If you drive yourself then try to park far away so that you can walk just a little (this does add up to enough exercise eventually). Avoid fast food and drive in's, try to find a healthier food option. Try reading or watching tv while you walk on a treadmill or use a stationary cycle. Even our pets are becoming fatter, take your dog out for a walk to help both of you. It's little bits of exercise like this which will help you stay healthy and fit!
Walk is the best exercise:
Try to walk after dinner, it'll help with the digestion and exercise. Try to squeeze in a walk during breaks and lunch. If possible you can even schedule a" walking meeting. Walk around terminals while waiting for your public transport. If you drive yourself then try to park far away so that you can walk just a little (this does add up to enough exercise eventually). Avoid fast food and drive in's, try to find a healthier food option! try reading or watching tv while you walk on a treadmill or use a stationary cycle. Even our pets are becoming fatter, take your dog out for a walk to help both of you. It's little bits of exercise like this which will help you stay healthy and fit!
If you do end up missing your workout for whatever reason, then make sure you make up for it sometime during the weekend. Try to work out as much as you can during your breaks, even when you watch tv you could do some exercises during the commercial breaks. It's all about forming that mindset.
Like they say, where there's a will there's a way.
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778)