Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma BhatYour feedback matters!
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
What is minimum sperm coming out time at normal conditions during masturbation? For my case it is 3- 4 min it is ok or not.in future when I will do the sex then the sperm coming out is create some problem for me or not. As it is 3-4 min for me during masturbation. Please help me.
Hi doctor. I have one small problem. When I take food that time I had sweating of my head vertex. I feel this all time. Kindly give me the reason of this problem. How to cure this.
My mother is suffer from headache. She is feeling very warm. Even its too cold. She has lost the appetite. She had an argument with someone few days back. She has sewer headache. Please help.
I am male 75years old. I have nagging back pain. My weight is 56 kgs. I am diabetic Fbs is 176 and post prandial is 195. My cholesterol is 204 I am not having any other ailments. Please suggest what I diet I should follow.
My left side of face is not working properly means no moment on left side. I had an accident what is the reason.
Hi I am suffering from typhoid night full hot my body I am taking Fixocef-OF tablet how many days it can be cured what food I have to take what are the precautions I have to follow.
It is often believed that eggs tend to heat up your stomach and, hence, should be avoided as much as possible. People believe that eating eggs during the hot summer months can lead to detrimental health effects. One of the reasons attributed to this belief is that eggs contain copious amounts of cholesterol, which can generate tremendous amounts of body heat.
However, contrary to popular belief, eggs do not heat up your system and perfectly safe for consumption during the season of some summer.
Having eggs for breakfast helps you with the following:
1. Cholesterol Factor - To be precise, a single egg provides 212 mg of cholesterol out of the recommended 300 mg. However, cholesterol in your diet does not raise the cholesterol levels in your blood. This happens because the liver produces a high quantity of cholesterol each day, and when you eat more eggs causing your cholesterol levels to rise, the liver starts producing less of it. In fact, a study found that eggs didn't raise cholesterol in 70% of its test subjects.
2. Provides Choline - Choline is a substance, which is required by the body to build cell membranes and to perform a horde of other functions like liver function, brain development, nerve, and muscle function. Lack of choline could lead to disruption of these functions. Whole eggs contain more than 100 mg of this less known nutrient, and therefore, should be a part of your diet.
3. Contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin - One of the gradual symptoms of aging is worsening eyesight. There are many types of nutrients that help in countering this degenerative process. Two such nutrients are lutein and zeaxanthin, which eggs are rich in. These two antioxidants help to build up the retina of the eye. Moreover, they also help in preventing eyesight conditions like cataracts and macular degeneration. Eggs are also rich in Vitamin A, the lack of which is the most common cause of blindness worldwide.
4. Reduces Risk of Stroke - For many decades, eggs have been unfairly criticized. A popular misbelief was that high cholesterol in eggs made them a cause for cardiac problems. In a review, which accounted for 17 studies and a total of 263,938 participants, no associations were found between eggs and heart diseases. Eggs are also highly filling and help to lose weight to a certain extent.
I am male 22 years of age. I had a risky sexual encounter with someone at about 3 months back. Recently I started to have skin rashes with itches and muscular pain. So I took a hiv elisa rapid test at a clinic at approx 3 months 7 days after sexual encounter. The result was negative. So my question is that how reliable the test results are? during seroconversion period a person gets the symptoms and may not get tested positive is it true?
I am 22 year old my foreskin of penis have been not opened. It does not move back even little. It's hole is only wide for urination. Bt I want to move it back completely.
We have 3 years old son, he doesn't eat anything, we use" Apti must" hungry syrup but it doesn't works well. He is always crying and he didn't sleep properly, we are worrying about him, please give me a best suggestion.
Hello I am Nikhil I am 21 years old from the past few months I have problem with my digestion system in past few months back I have a problem of gas after using a tablet named rabicer dsr it controlled I stopped using it again from past 3 days I am suffering from gas I am getting pain near left side of chest I mean near heart. Even acidity problem. My stomach is feeling heavy it increased in size I am not eating any junk food. Everyday I have a problem with this while eating food after I am getting gas and saliva out of my mouth. I need solutions for it to get rid of it hoping a reply.
Hello due to excessive childhood mistakes I'm suffering from premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, backache, night fall and weak nerves from 7-8 years. Earlier I ignored it but now I come to know that it is a major issue. Please diagnose it and advise some good Ayurveda effective medicines.
When in morning I am go to toilet I am waiting for half an hour for removing my stool this is my daily problem and for this I am late to go to school. If I take breakfast or some food then tension is remaining for toilet in school. Please show me solutions.
Erectile dysfunction is also known as male impotency i. E. Inability to achieve or maintain an erection.
It causes by several factors such as mental stress, depression, excessive smoking and drinking habits, low testosterone levels, nerves related or physical penile disorders.
According to ayurveda it's due to dysfunction of apanavata.
According to ayurveda erectile dysfunction is manage by vajikarana. After this therapy men just drives intercourse like eight years old horse.
It also enhances the quality and quantity of sperm.
1. To increase sperm count:
Vangabhasma, lauhabhasma, shilajatu, kapikacchu, kupilu, yasthimadhu, pravalapisti etc.
2. To increase erection time:
Ashwagandha, shatavari, kajjali, vanga bhasma, vidarikanda, tamra bhasma, abhraka bhasma, jatiphala etc.
1. Take adequate sleep.
2. Do yoga and meditation.
3. Avoid smoking and drinking.
4. Prefers whole grains foods.
5. Avoid junk foods.