Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Udhaya Bhaskar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Udhaya BhaskarYour feedback matters!
Urinary incontinence is a problem that can affect anyone. Urinary incontinence is the loss of bladder control or the ability of a person to control his/her urine output. It is an embarrassing problem as the urgeto urinate and lack of bladder control can occur even when you are in the middle of something important. This condition is classified by its severity and ranges from the occasional urine leakage to the discharge of urine so suddenly that the person will not be able to make it to the toilet in time.
Symptoms and types:
The symptoms of urinary incontinence are to do with urine output, and can be categorized by minor leaks of urine to moderate amounts. In some cases, the urine discharge can be sudden. This condition is more common among the elderly.
Types of urinary incontinence:
- Stress incontinence: The leakage occurs when you are exerting pressure on your bladder, and can include instances of coughing, sneezing, exercising or even lifting something heavy.
- Urge incontinence: There is an intense urge to urinate followed by an involuntary loss of urine. The sensation or urge to urinate will be often. This can occur throughout the night too and can cause discomfort both physically and mentally.
- Overflow incontinence: This is experienced when your bladder does not empty completely. As a result, you would be experiencing constant dribbling of urine. No matter how many times you go to the toilet, the dribbling will continue.
- Functional incontinence: This type of incontinence is caused by an impairment, disorder or condition that prevents you from making it to the toilet in time. For example, if you are elderly or if you have severe arthritis, you may not be able to reach the bathroom in time.
- Mixed incontinence: This happens when you experience more than one or two types of the above mentioned urinary incontinence.
Urinary incontinence is not a disease, but could be a symptom of an underlying condition. Do consult with your physician if you notice these symptoms and get treated for it. A simple urinalysis will help to determine and diagnose infections and other disorders causing this condition.
There are many factors that can put you at risk. Most involve everyday habits and the food that we eat. There are certain drinks such as alcohol, caffeine, aerated drinks, and chocolate drinks that can also stimulate your bladder and can increase the output of urine temporarily. Reducing your intake of these beverages particularly at night and limiting your intake of spicy foods could help you deal with this condition.
Making a few healthy lifestyle changes such as maintaining a healthy weight and regular exercises to strengthen the pelvic region can help to prevent conditions such as urinary incontinence. Watch what you eat and curb your intake of acidic and spicy foods. Also, limit or reduce your consumption of foods high in preservatives. Quit smoking and reducing the intake of alcohol will also be beneficial.
Coping with urinary incontinence can be embarrassing. Hence talk to your doctor about it and get medical attention immediately. Using adult diapers could help reduce the stress and embarrassment involved with this condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My psa count is 8.11. There is no problem regarding passing urine. What is further course of action?
I am 19 years old. I have got a problem of semen flowing out through my anus once or twice a week because of which passing tools has become difficult and I do not feel hungry like before. My diet has reduced. I am worried about my diet because I am an athlete and I need to be fit. Please help.
I'm suffering with stones in kidney. It sized 6 mm can you suggest me diet and to reduce what fruit I have to eat.
Hello doc, I want to know that if I sell on of my kidney is there any future problem to my health or body? I have financial problems.
Doctor. Me bahut Pareshan chal raha hu. Karib 8 se 9 mahine se mujhe urine m jalan ho rahi hai aur badly smell aati hai mere testis m bhi dard hota h kbhi kbhi lekin. Mere sab test ho chuke h, ultrasound, blood test, urine test sab normal h. But doctor me abhi tak thik nhi h.sir please meri madad karo m bahut pareshan hu apni life se.
When we talk about health, the kidneys are rarely spoken of. These unsung heroes are responsible for filtering waste out of our bodies and ensuring that only clean blood flows through our system. The kidneys are a pair of small, bean-shaped organs located at the back of the abdomen. Along with removing waste from the blood, the kidneys also balance electrolytes and control the fluid balance in the body. Thus, keeping the kidneys healthy is as important as keeping the heart and lungs healthy.
Kidney stones are the most common condition that can affect these organs. Other conditions that can affect the kidneys include inflammation of the kidneys, renal failure, nephrotic syndrome and cysts. Thankfully, keeping the kidneys healthy is easy. Here are a few things you can do to improve the health of your kidneys.
- Drink plenty of water: Keeping your body hydrated is crucial to kidney health. Ideally, a person should drink a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water a day. Water helps control the production of aldosterone- a hormone that regulates blood pressure- by the adrenal glands and helps the kidneys retain enough water and sodium to balance blood volume levels. If the kidneys do not get enough water, the adrenal glands are stressed into increasing blood pressure levels.
- Limit consumption of caffeine: We drink caffeine in many ways- sodas, coffee, tea etc. While caffeine may act as a stimulant and keep you focused on what you are doing in the short run, in the long run, it dehydrates the body. Dehydration can also lead to the formation of kidney stones. Hence reduce your caffeine intake and instead drink more water and fresh juices.
- Quit smoking: Smoking not only affects the lungs but also damages blood vessels thus decreasing blood flow to the kidneys thus preventing the optimal functioning of the kidneys. Smoking can also increase one’s risk of suffering from renal cancer.
- Get regular exercise: Exercise benefits all parts of your body including the kidneys. Regular exercise reduces blood pressure and helps keep the blood moving. This can help prevent kidney diseases and a number of other conditions. Ideally, aim for half an hours exercise a day at the least.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables: Fruits like grapes, apples and blueberries and vegetables like spinach, beets, garlic and red bell peppers help improve kidney functioning. Women should also include oestrogen boosting foods like chickpeas, fennel, tomatoes, cherries and carrots in their diet to protect themselves against kidney damage and fibrosis. Foods that are low in gluten, sugar and soy also help reduce the risk of kidney inflammation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I frequently urge to urinate little often and it's irritating while passing urine. Sometimes I get itching in the intimate areas though I wash it with v-wash (lactacyd). Suggest me a medication and free from the tension I go through.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
I am 37 years male single I want to know why my urine is. Alway pale yellow color and below my neck there is small red pox.
Hello doctor, I am 21 years old male, workout daily and lift heavy. Consume 1.8g protein per kg of bodyweight. From last couple of weeks, I am having pain in my anal region and it kept increasing. It stays for 6-7 hours after bowel movement in the morning and hurts allot while sitting and during pushing in the toilet. Today I checked and there is something like skin tag at opening of the anal. Don't know if it is hemorrhoids or warts but it hurts allot. I did not find any blood during movements. Please help.
My wife who is 65 years under medication for BP, DIABeTIC and varicose veins had gone for regular checkup for bloodsuggar and urine test. The urine test revealed urine infection and creatinine as 1.41.does this need any medication for high reading of creatinine.
I was having testicular pain for 3 weeks so when I went to the doctor for ultrasound it was found that I have kidney stones in both my kidney of the size 3.74 mm and 3.24 mm.the doctor said to drink 7 lit of water everyday and gave me cystone and told that the stones would hopefully pass with urine. I wanted a second opinion from another doctor and please also tell me if I should get some other kind of tests for this.
Female women age 50 years. Urin burning problem to 1 year. 1 year back already done to kidney stone operation. Please help me.
Sir, I am suffering with some physical problems because of having stones in my both kidneys till now. It was found by physician june 2014. I took many suggession from many doctors and as per their presciption I took various medicines also. I drink plenty of water regularly as per doctors advices. But I got no result. My stone sizes are 8. 3 & 6. 8. My stone sizes are increasing day by day. Sir, in this circumstances I need your valuable advices.
My huby have multi stones in left kidney largest measuring 17mm and ultrasound reports showed hydronephrosis in left kidney and grade 3 fatty liver and he is suffering from fever from last 15 days. So please tell me what to do in this condition?
My mother has to go to urine 3 to 4 times in the night time. That is disturbing her sleep. We went to doctor and got all the tests done. Doctor prescribed tablets but that did not help her. Can you please mother with this issue? Thanks
I'm 23 year old male (Currently staying in bangalore), From last 8 months while sitting on the toilet tub small white substance is passing through the urin and i'm very scared and shy to consult doctors about this issues. Please help me with this issues. Please tell me surgery is needed or can cure with tablets. I'm very scared about this and i'm from Bangalore so how can I contact doctors over the phone or gmail.
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which causes loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson's disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as these boost the strength of your pelvic muscles. You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in preventing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
- There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking of an enlarged prostate may also be used in some cases.
Surgery is the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options include a male sling for urinary incontinence. A type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. Leaks because of coughing, sneezing or laughing are prevented. Artificial sphincter implants may also be used for treatment of urinary incontinence. A cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor.
Urinary incontinence is a condition which causes reduced self confidence in men. But there are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.