Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
We are married only few weeks ago. My wife has got urine infection after few days of our marriage. Is this a common problem? How can this be avoided?
I am a 62 year male. I had a urinary tract infection recently and cured with a course of antibiotics. While investigating doctor had advised a cy scan of abdomen. The report is normal except that the urinary bladder is showing a diverticula of size 15x7.5x13.8cm with a communication measuring 2.7 cm. It also shows a calculus of 2 mm there is np mass lesion in bladder or diverticulam. The diverticulum is not an acquired one my doctor is of the view that there is nothing to be anxious.
I have diabetes since 2 year but currently I passed through urine inspection and that is effect to kidney also so what is solution for this problem please give me solution.
I am 68 years, since last 5 yrs i am on Veltum o.4 for prostate, doing ps report at ever 2 yrs. Prostate glans is increasing. At present i do not have any problem, but when i should for operative procedure ?
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
When I go to the toilet. I get a burning sensation during and for a short time afterwards in my anus. It is very painful. please suggest me any tablet to cure it.
I have problem related to urology department, do not fully open upper side of my pennis, so what should I do?
Every time I eat something it does not digest properly. Immediately I need to use toilet. Please help me to solve the problem.
I am suffering from BPH and am now on Hytrin 1 mg tablet. One per day. I am interested to know if there is an effective drug in homeopathy for this. Can you please prescribe? How long it will take to get considerable relief from the drug?
Kidney stones are caused when certain minerals of your urine are retained and are not fully released, causing them to amalgamate and form a stone. Passing a kidney stone is one of the most painful experiences you may face physically. Its magnanimity is often compared to childbirth, and those who are suffering from kidney stones dread having this experience. If you are not yet affected by kidney stones and do not want to, read further to know what type of diet you need to follow in order to prevent it.
- Drink lots of water: On an average, a person must be drinking at least 3 liters of water every day. If you live in a more hot and humid climate, your water intake must be even more than that, so that on an average, 2.5 liters of urine is passed throughout the day, which decreases the chance of unnecessary retention of minerals from the urine and release them more easily from the body.
- Continue eating foods rich in calcium: It is a common misconception that calcium accelerates the formation of kidney stones. Calcium is digested by the intestine, only excess calcium cannot be digested by the intestine and is sent to the kidney. Continue consuming calcium rich foods unless your doctor prescribes you against it. Make sure your diet includes enough dairy products such as milk, cheeses, etc., or other calcium rich foods, such as oats and broccoli.
- Limit intake of oxalic acid: Oxalic acid is mostly found in foods obtained from plants. It restricts the absorption of calcium in the intestines and as a result, more calcium is passed into the kidneys; thus, forming calcium oxalate, or oxalate stones. Try to avoid foods, such as rhubarb, Swiss chard, nuts, tea, sweet potatoes, etc.;mainly leguminous plant products.
- Decrease the ingestion of sodium salts, sugar and meat protein: Salts and sugars, mainly found in packaged foods are used to prevent them from expiring. They increase the release of calcium and oxalates into the blood, which thus increases the chance to develop kidney stones. Meat contains fibers which affect certain nutrients in the kidney, thus aggravating the formation of stones.
- Increase the consumption of insoluble fibers: Insoluble fibers are those rough fibers which are not soluble in water during the process of digestion. They are found in rice, wheat, barley, etc., and are found to decrease calcium absorption in the kidney. They attach themselves to the calcium and oxalates, which enable them to be released as stool instead of urine.
Related Tip: "4 Types Of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms"