Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Uday KumarYour feedback matters!
Sir I want to consult for my acute depression which I am facing badly Should I consult a phyicretic or neurologist. Or general physio R.c.sharma.
My husband is suffering from hepatitis c.and lots of depression lost of appetie. Hepatitis c suffering from last 7 years. But now condition of depression high. What can I do?
Sir I have feeling lot of depression. last day I have breakup, I am feeling illness and I have not get sleep well can you suggest me any sleep pills.
Have you been emotionally invested in a relationship for quite some time? Have you faced continual fights and disagreements with your partner? Have these fights resulted into frustration or have they affected the natural course of your respective lives? If yes, it is time for you to reassess the effort or rather the kind of effort you put in to make things work. Quarrels are an integral part of any healthy and serious relationship. However, an overdose may lead to severed ties. It bruises your memory and leaves you too distraught to engage in an emotional attachment. The kind of mindset a person applies to his or her relationship determines the kind of treatment the person receives in the relationship. Hence, you must be very careful.
A healthier mindset can be adopted in the following ways:
- To complain as least as possible: Keep low expectations from your partner. The most common reason for conflict in relationships is the list of expectations, which when left unfulfilled leads to complaining and nagging. What you do for your partner is what 'you think is the right thing', but your partner may not hold the same perspective.
- Respecting and accepting your partner as he/she is: A package deal, will resolve many issues without debate. When pointed out in subtle ways, your partner will understand and try to change for you , if she/he wishes to.
- Try to have a growth oriented mindset: A growth oriented mindset as opposed to a fixed mindset can always help. When you have a fixed mindset you easily give up on your partner or on the relationship. You tend to feel hopeless about future and associate a lack of growth or change with your partner. A growth- oriented mindset endows you with hope. A situation is perceived as an occurrence in the present that need not necessarily be translated into future. Also, such a mindset expects both parties to accept and encourage change and growth of individuals in the relationship. Anything contrary can make your relationship boring.
- Stop using labels: Labeling is an indecent way of identifying the problem with your partner or with the relationship in general. You should neither brand yourself as something or your partner as something else. Associating critical adjectives with one another is a way of demeaning your lover and can dissuade your partner from communicating his or her viewpoint.
- Look for the trigger: Most quarrels result from a trigger. Trying to pinpoint the trigger with a cool head can actually be of use. This will make partners aware of their faults and instead of dodging the situation they will be able to deal with it better.
- Try to rekindle the spark: Time, overburdening responsibilities or workload can make your relationship a routine affair. An element of secrecy and excitement is important. Therefore, desire should never take a backseat in your relationship. Try to fulfill your partner's desire and let him or her know about your expectations as well.
I lost somebody close last two year and since than feel very depressed so what can I do. please help me.
Social anxiety disorder is a chronic mental health condition in which a person has excessive and unreasonable fear of certain social situations. Anxiety and self-consciousness arise from a fear of being scrutinized, embarrassed or judged by others. The fear may be made worse by a lack of social skills or experience in social situations. This persistent anxiety can build into a panic attack, and the affected person may start avoiding social situations under extreme distress. People with social anxiety disorder also suffer anticipatory anxiety, which is the fear of a situation even before it happens. In many cases, the person is aware that the fear is unreasonable and overblown, yet is unable to overcome it.
Like many other mental health conditions, social anxiety disorder arises from a complex interaction of environment and genes. The possible causes are:
- Inherited traits - Genetic factors may contribute to the development of social anxiety disorder if it is present in a first-degree relative (parents, siblings or child).
- Brain structure - Nuclei shaped part of the brain called amygdala may play a role in controlling the fear response. People with overactive amygdala may have a heightened fear response, increasing anxiety in social situations.
- Environmental factors - Social anxiety disorder may be a learned behavior. You may develop the condition after witnessing the anxious behavior of others. Also, there may be an association between social anxiety disorder and overprotective parents wanting to control their children.
Social anxiety disorder is the second most common type of anxiety disorder, which most often surfaces in adolescence or early adulthood. It is more common in women than in men. There is no way to predict what will cause social anxiety disorder, but some steps can be taken to reduce the impact of symptoms by getting help early instead of delaying, managing stress in daily life and avoiding unhealthy substances like alcohol, drugs and caffeine.
Related Tip: Do People Really Suffer from Mood Disorders?