Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UdayYour feedback matters!
I am a gym boy. I do heavy weight workout. My question is. Gym can be affect sex life. If affect. then good or bad effect?
I am suffering from sweating. Without fan and Ac can not live. Specially in Summer days. What should I do.
Hi I had a baby 20 days back only. Now I don't want 2nd baby what is the permanent solution for this. If operations required when can we done this after baby delivery.
Hello Dr. I got fever from 15 days. Its typhoid. But their is lots of pain in my neck and middle chest. What should I do?
Arthritis is a disease in which the joints in your body swell. Inflammation or swelling can be caused due to body's natural response to injury or disease. It can cause discomfort in the form of pain, stiffness as well as difficulty in movement. Major types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and gout.
Causes of arthritis
Arthritis is generally caused by a combination of factors. It can happen due to genetic factors in case the disease runs in the family. Sometimes it can be caused due to injuries of the past; it can also be a by-product of your lifestyle. Some of the common causes of arthritis are:
1. Genetic makeup in which arthritis can be a hereditary trait
2. Physically taxing work life or injuries caused in an accident
3. Imbalance in the immunity system
4. Infections in the joint.
Risk Factors associated with arthritis
1. Family history - You can be prone to develop arthritis if it runs in the family. It can occur due to its hereditary trait hence making you more vulnerable to the environmental factors which contribute to developing arthritis.
2. Age - The risk of arthritis can increase with age. Types like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout are more common in the old age.
3. Gender - Your sex is an important factor as women are more likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis while men are prone to suffer from gout.
4. Joint injury - Joint injury caused due to accidents or due to sports activities can trigger arthritis. People with previous joint injuries can develop arthritis in that joint.
5. Obesity - Excess weight can put a lot of pressure on the joints, on the knees and hips in particular. Hence, obese people have more chances of developing arthritis than fitter people. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist and ask a free question.
Sir. Semen test ke liye kitne din tak sambhog nhi karna Chahiye. Aur male ke liye only semen test hi hota h. Suggest me any homeopathy medicine.
What can I do if I get my eyes too red during the months of December and January. Due to this I get more sneezing and cold. I suffered a lot by this. Please give me your suggestions.
I am 25 years old male have facing itching problem on body's some area. After 2 days it will be spread and itching more. I use Acid Chryso ointment. But no relief. What can I do?
Bad smell come from the penis area. On testicle .I take care of it wash properly n all den also fishy smell come from it what to do how to treat it n avoid d fishy smell please gve some suggestion or treatment available.
I'm badly addicted to masturbation, my question is masturbation can affect my marriage life ? My wife can get pregnant or not ? Can you suggest me is masturbation is good or bad for sex life after marriage ?
I am 26 yrs old and I am suffering from pcod. I suppose my hair loss is because of pcod. My hair has thinned n now my scalp is prominently seen. Please suggest me some remedy so that I can have new hair on my head.
My 8 years old daughter is suffering from migraine since last three months. Is it curable? what is the productive treatment?
Sir Mene december month me Engography karwaya reports r Normal Echo report r normal Tmt report r Normal Lipid Profile Report r Normal But doctor left hand aur sholder me jalan aur dard kafi hota he aur heart me halka hot he Aur 3 to 4 din se heart ke piche jalan aur dard ho raha he (me daily morning me 4 km walking karta hu us ke baad cycling 15 miniuts karta hu phir light snack karta hu aur balck tea leta ha Phir company me job pe chala jata hu aur aane ke baad night me dinner karne ke baad phir 4 km walking karta hu) please muje kaya huwa he jo dard jata hee nahi please reply.
Hi, my mom is having the following symptoms since two weeks. Head ache Sleeplessness Neck pain Sometimes numbness in hands Please help. Its urgent. I am worried. She had the same problem previously and doctor prescribed sucral, happy-D She doesn't take tablets regularly and has not sickness most of the times. But observing these particular symptoms since an year which stay for 2 weeks and disappear.
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when blood supply to the brain is cut off. The brain cells become oxygen deprived due to the stroke and eventually die. Dead brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients lose control over muscle and memory.
Strokes can be mild to life threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and should be treated by extensively qualified and experienced medical experts.
Neurosurgery satisfies all the required clauses for treatment of stroke and accounts for being one of the best ways for management of stroke. Renowned hospitals have a dedicated neurosurgical wing and a team of neurological specialists who know how to deal with stroke the best.
This form of neurology focuses on patients who have undergone a stroke or have experienced symptoms of stroke. A multidisciplinary approach is taken for the prevention of recurrent cerebrovascular conditions.
Types of stroke
- Ischemic stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. This form of stroke is the more common. The underlying cause of this stroke is known as atherosclerosis, which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockage in them.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel gets weak and ruptures into the brain. This is caused by two types of weak blood vessels known as aneurysm and arteriovenous malformation.
- Transient ischemic attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini stroke. These attacks occur because of blood clots. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature.
Treatment of Ischemic stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Endovascular procedure: Several endovascular techniques and methods are used so that the weakening of blood vessels is reduced and less bleeding is caused.
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to stop bleeding and for relieving pressure within the skull. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.