Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Uday A MurgodYour feedback matters!
Piles and fissures mouth bleeding... I am very nervous about operation... Right now I could not walk even sleep is painful...
Iam 21 year old. Iam suffering with insomnia. I get irritated and get angry very soon. Please suggest something.
Hi i have migraine with aura. Take many treatments but not satisfy. Now I use lybotrip tabs. What can I do. And I cannot wake up early in morning morning why.
I am 25 years old have so pain neck to hip whole day. After 2 minutes so numbness and weakness. All day burning in spinal.
Hello doctor I have frequent headaches. I think I am suffering from migraine. What should I do to reduce the headaches?
I have severe headache since 3 days. Though I am taking tablets its not working. Is it related to migraine?
My hands are shaking. When I place the hand horizontal my hands get shaking and when I try to do some work also. Please help me.
Last feb 2014 i got seizure completely blacked out for 20 mins. Was in emergency ward. Went tru all test EEG, CT SCAN BRAIN. All comes normal. 1 Week i took eptoine. Then family doctor (second opinion) suggest me to take 500mg levipil morning and night with lonazep 0.5mg. I gained nearly 15kg and complete weakness because of that medication. Feeling giddiness, numbness etc. Severe back headache also. Then went to a doctor he suggest me to take x ray on neck. Came with cervical sponsylsis. Doc told because of this you may got seizure that time. Past 1 yrs there is no another episode of seizure. Still im taking levipil 250mg both time. Also taking medince for cervical spondylsis from ayurvedic. Cervilon and lumbatone. Still im feeling very weak. Full dizziness cant able to concentrate on work. I need some remedy. Did i going in the proper way or i need to go for any massage or physio? Plz help im struggling a lot. Thanks in advance
I have a migraine problem. I do not like noise at all but very few people understand it. How to get rid of migraine.
I have headache like migraine pain I don't want to use medicines, whether it is possible to get out of it any other ways possible?
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health. Both influence each other. Insomnia, a common sleeping disorder, is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression, and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.