Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. U V RamachandraYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years male. Working as a web developer. From three days I getting pain at upper-right and left portion of the abdominal, lower-left and right portion of the abdominal. I am not understand what happened to me. Please tell me what is the reason for I getting this pain. How I recover from this pain. Tell me any medicines for recover from this pain.
I am Very Much Concern about my belly, it's taking away all the Smartness. Worried what will happen in future if not taken any Required Precautions. Kindly advice & Suggest.
Let me know the effect of EECP treatment for heart blocks. Whether it is alternative for the bypass surgery.
My daughter 5 years old fell from bed while sleeping. Having injury bump on the head. It is past 3 days. Looks like blood clot in the black color. Still not recovered to normal skin. What to do?
Sir/mam I have pcos with diabetes 2 Dr. advice me to take medication mychrochill folic acid dronis 30 for pcos and glycomet for sugar control and pcos for 3 month one month complete now my sugar level normal but I have light vaginal spot I suspected this side effects due to dronis 30 is this any problem can I get pregnant during this problem.
I am Male, 27 years, Married. My wife is pregnant and is in her 4th month of pregnancy. I would just ask to know whether it will be safe for us to avoid sex till baby is born or shall we have sex? Coz my wife says she had heard people saying that during pregnancy it is needed to have sex at some particular period. As it is our first child I don't want to take any risks. So better have an expert opinion on that. If above mentioned things are true then let me know which is the safest time. Thanks in advance.
I have more weight compared to my height. That's why I want to lose my weight to 73 to 65. What should I do for that? And I want to increase my hemoglobin?
Have runny nose and dust allergy and using esiflo and flutarol rotor caps since 4 years but now those medicines are not working pls let us know any other medicines.
When we think of a light evening snack, we often think of a packet of fried chips or Kurkure. However, it is time to think of something healthier, as we are already aware of the ill effects of these snacks all around us. This is where snacks like fox nuts are gaining popularity. Grown in the wetlands of Asian countries, they are also known as phool makhana (because of their flowery appearance) and lotus seeds.
They are a great snack and have multiple benefits. Read on to know about this wonderful, economical, tasty, and healthy dish.
- They are low in calories, fat, and sodium. They are therefore the perfect in-between-meal snack. They also make you feel full, so further cravings for binge eating are reduced
- Their low sodium and high potassium and magnesium content makes them very useful for people with high blood pressure
- The high calcium content is good for bone and teeth health
- Their sugar content is low, and so are highly useful for diabetics, who have the urge to eat at short intervals
- The fox nuts have astringent properties and are useful for kidney ailments
- People looking for weight loss should try makhana, as they are very low in calories but can fill the stomach. This helps control hunger pangs and intake of high-calorie foods
- It is rich in fiber and so can be used in weight loss as well as for digestion problems like constipation
- Fox nuts are rich in antioxidants and therefore useful in fighting ageing and chronic inflammation and stress in the body
- In both men and women, makhana is believed to improve fertility rates. The sperm quality and quantity is believed to improve when makhana is consumed
- Given its multiple benefits, especially calcium and iron, pregnant women are given makhana. It also helps prevent hypertension and diabetes in the pregnant mother
- Fox nuts are believed to help get rid of insomnia
- If addiction to coffee is your problem, try some fox nuts to get rid of the addiction
Methods of use:
- The seeds are actually tasteless and so whether it is salt or sweet, they take on the added taste
- Roast the seeds with a little ghee on a light flame. Sprinkle salt, and the yummy snack is good to go
- Other spices like cinnamon or oregano can be added to suit one’s taste
- They can also be used in sweet dishes like kheer and other desserts
If you are looking for a super snack that is highly healthy, economical, and has little hazards on your health, grab a bowl of fox nuts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.