Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. U B Joshi
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. U B JoshiYour feedback matters!
I have black skin to become white tell a cream to use and I have black heads on face so, suggest a cream to rid of black heads and black skin.
Chronic kidney disease or CKD is the decreased function of the function of the kidney for a minimum of three months or more. In this the end stage renal disease usually refers to the end of the kidney function where the kidneys work for less than 15% of what they are supposed to. The kidneys play a vital role in the human body and if they do not function properly then a person can die. The functioning of many organs depends on the kidneys. However, the main function of the kidneys is to remove the products and regulate blood and water, control blood pressure, promote healthy and strong bones, and produce hormones.
Here are 5 facts about kidney disease you should know about:
1. Causes of the kidney disease: There are two main common causes of the end-stage kidney disease. These are preventable causes. These are diabetes and high blood pressure, but then kidney disease can be caused by other inherited diseases such as infection, trauma or polycystic kidney disease.
2. Serious Stages: The kidney disease has five stages and stage 5 is known as the end stage renal disease; this is the point where patients usually need dialysis or kidney transplant to lead a sane life. The stages of kidney disease are:
Stage 1 – Slight kidney disease
Stage 2 – Mild decrease in kidney function
Stage 3 – Moderate decrease in kidney function
Stage 4 – Severe decrease in kidney function
Stage 5 – End stage renal disease
3. Detection of the disease: Kidney disease is usually difficult to detect because of the presence of very few symptoms. Age, gender along with the blood test is one way to determine information regarding kidney function. The people who are at a risk of getting kidney disease are:
- Over the age of 55 years
- People who suffer from hypertension and diabetes
- Ethnic groups such as Asians, Africans, Americans, Pacific Islanders and Hispanics
4. Signs and Symptoms: CKD is usually considered to be a silent disease and many people don’t know that they are suffering from the disease. The signs and symptoms of the disease are:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite
- Numbness and headaches in hand and feet
- Frequent urination
5. Renal Replacement Treatment: This is the treatment for the end stage of the kidney disease. Dialysis involves the replacement of some part of the lost function of the kidneys and is usually continued throughout life. There are 2 types of dialysis:
- Hemodialysis: This cleans the blood via an artificial kidney which is hooked to the machine
- Peritoneal Dialysis: This removes the excess water and waste products and cleans the blood of the body by using the peritoneal cavity as a filter.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Skin troubles can get really bad and an individual would be forgiven for feeling that the problem is getting under his or her skin! There are many skin related problems and one such problem is known as Rosacea. However, even doctors are not sure what causes it, but can it be cured?
While it is quite common, if a person looks at the number of people who have skin problems and are aged older than thirty years of age, with the correct medical help, a person suffering from rosacea can make sure that this incurable condition does not get worse for him or her.
What to watch out for?
If a person has Rosacea, the first signs which he or she will see will be a redness of the face which can occur by the way of flushing. In addition to this, he or she will also feel little bumps and pimples on his or her face.
Why it happens?
For those who enjoy having a drink, it may be a relief to know that alcohol does not cause a person to have Rosacea. That being said, the symptoms of the condition can get worse as a result of alcohol consumption! Essentially, it can be said that alcohol is a trigger, which is the same case with hot weather and the sun as well as spicy foods, with quite a lot of people.
Rather than a comprehensive way to address the condition, treatment for rosacea involves a range of things which are to be done. If a person has rosacea and also happens to have dry skin, then products for the skin which include moisturizers and sunscreen for the time a person is exposed to the sun for an extended duration of time.
In certain cases where the effects of rosacea have been quite bad, cosmetic surgery is also a solution that is viable. When it comes to reducing the flare-ups a person suffering from rosacea has, the essential thing to do this is to make sure that the triggers are found and that they are not allowed to wreak havoc like causing eye problems like even red eyelids, which can be treated with eye drops.
As long as the condition has been identified correctly and there is an ongoing treatment to make sure that the ill effects of rosacea do not plague the life of a person who has it, rosacea should be something that is manageable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.