Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. TulsiYour feedback matters!
I have some Low pain and sowling in my under teeth and I don't know what I do to relax this pain. Please give me a home made solution for my pain. Please help me.
No one likes going to a dentist. People fear a toothache, let alone the treatment. Because of this, a lot of people end up in the dentist's chair only when the pain is unbearable and it is too late to save the tooth. Just like we have a routine health check up for the rest of our body, our teeth too need to be looked at by a dentist at regular intervals to spot that cavity right when it starts. A regular visit can also allow a quick clean up to keep your teeth shining white.
Here's what to expect during a routine dental check up:
- They'll check your history: Before you actually get to the dentist's chair, your dentist will want to know your entire health background. This is done either by you filling out a detailed form that the receptionist gives you or a junior dentist filling a medical record sheet after asking you questions. You'll specially be asked questions about any pain or symptoms you might be experiencing in your teeth and other things like medications, diabetes, arthritis, pregnancy etc. Each of these problems can have a direct impact on your dental treatment, hence revealing them to your practitioner in advance is very important. Also, be sure to discuss any concerns or anxiety you are experiencing. Most dentists know how to put their patient at ease. All it'll take is a quick chat to put you at ease.
- You'll get a cleaning: Just like the car gets a good wash before the mechanic can have a look, your teeth will get a good scrub before your dentist can address any problem areas. Cleaning involves scraping off built up plaque and tartar that collects above and below the gum line before flossing between and around every tooth to remove any plaque or food particles that are clinging on. You may also get a final shiny finish for your pearly whites at the end of the cleaning session.
- Your teeth will be examined: Your dentist will now use a metal probe with a small angled mirror to see behind and between teeth and gums, as well as check for the softening of tooth enamel and dentin. If you have a cavity or anything deeper, this is when it will surface. Once the doctor identifies a problem, they suggest the next course of action.
- You may get an X-ray: If the doctor finds a problem that needs fixing, he may ask you to take an X-ray to find out how deep the decay is. You'll be asked to bite down on a piece of plastic while the X-ray machine is placed against your cheek. Where possible, you can check if your doctor can do a digital X-ray which emits 90% less radiation.
- Results and advice: Based on your X-ray results and overall medical condition, the doctor may recommend various procedures to remove your existing decay and prevent new ones.
I am 16 years old female and have a tooth paining from last 4 days and my teeth are yellow what should I do?
Mere dato mai bahut pahle se problem hai Kabhi kabhi sujan ho jata hai aur pak bhi jata hai jiski waja se kabhi kabhi muh se bhi badbu aati hai mai pareshan hu sir mai kya karu.
I am 17 years old. Every week ulcers are produced in my mouth they are very painful and it is effecting my mouth? what is the reason and what is it's cure.
Need to check my entire terth problems. I have holes and have done lot of root canal treatments wherein I have waisted money and more over the time spend for continuous consultations and sittings. Need to know whether any permanent solutions along with a reasonable affordable cost could be looked at. I reside in Bangalore
I am 26 year old. I am having sensitivity problem in my teeth. What should I do? I used sensodyne also. But it didn't work.
A bright, white smile can make a world of difference in one's expression and confidence. Tooth discoloration can therefore, be a frustrating impediment to achieving the brilliant smile you deserve. Worse yet, some stains are absorbed deep below the surface, making them seemingly impossible to remove. Fortunately, there are numerous treatment options available to expunge or conceal discoloration, helping patients restore the natural color of their teeth.
What causes stained teeth?
Many dentists believe that it can occur to people within the age groups of 2 to 49. There are many causes that can be associated with discoloration of teeth such as consuming acidic food items as they tend to leave stains on the teeth.
Age is also one of the most important factors that contribute to discoloration of teeth. Other than that beverages such as coffee and alcohol also take away the whiteness of teeth leaving them yellow and stained. There are many remedies for stained teeth both medical and natural. One can conveniently choose accordingly but also consult their dentist before going ahead with their decision.
Types of Tooth Discoloration
Before deciding on a procedure, it's important to understand the type of discoloration present on your teeth. Some stains are more easily removable than others, and as such, may require alternative forms of treatment.
- Extrinsic Stains: Also called surface stains, these are the most common source of discoloration. Extrinsic stains tend to result in the general darkening or yellowing of teeth, especially along the edges and near the gums. These are typically caused by food, drink, and tobacco use.
- Intrinsic Stains: Also called deep stains, these tend to be smaller yet more noticeable. As opposed to widespread discoloration, intrinsic stains are localized and a distinctly separate color from surrounding tooth tissue. These are most often caused by medication, overexposure to fluoride, trauma, disease, or enamel erosion.
Whereas surface stains exist within or above the enamel, deep stains are embedded within the inner dentin tissue. Consequently, surface stains are more easily removable.
Treating Surface Stains
Because surface stains can be removed, they are primarily treated through a simple teeth whitening procedure. Teeth whitening is both safe and long-lasting, allowing patients to restore the color of their smile without any dental restorations.
Treating Deep Stains
Patients looking to restore balance to a smile should consider concealing such stains via restorations. The two most common methods of masking discoloration are dental bonding and porcelain veneers:
- Dental Bonding: A bonding procedure includes the use of composite resin, which is applied over the surface of a tooth. The tooth is first coated with a layer of tooth-colored resin before the resin is hardened with an ultraviolet light, with additional layers added as needed. The resin thus conceals any discoloration beneath it, while blending in with adjacent enamel.
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers are used as a replacement for the surface of a tooth, enhancing it in both color and form. It is an excellent way to alter its overall outward appearance.
Well, your choice of treatment should be the result of an in-depth discussion with your dentist.