Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Tulika ChauhanYour feedback matters!
I have problem in my eyes. I can not see everything clear sometimes. And it pains also. So how could I see better?
I am facing a problem of eye twitching for more than 1 week. Its uncomfortable and irritating. please suggest something to stop this. I am 25 years old.
I am 20 years old. My eyes become red if I got out or if I stare TV for 20 minutes. I have been using eye drops since 2 weeks but no results.
Hi doctor- I am 23 yr old girl and I have weak eyesight and I am wearing specs for long distance vision. My eye sight no is- Left -2.75 Right-3.50 I am so afraid because my eyesight is increasing and I don't like to weak specs and my skin is so sensitive so when I wearing specs than red rashes is done in my nose and related chin area which depress me. So I like to know how to reduce my eyesight no. Or is lasik laser treatment is safe for cure vision or not? and if any other treatment is available. please help me.
My eye is swelled from last 4 or 5 days. It is totally red now and the swelling is from ear to nose. It is paining and burning lot. Can you tell me what happened and what is the treatment? Yesterday and tomorrow water is coming from eye like tears. I am having allergy tablets also so please suggest me treatment keeping in mind that thing.
My right eye is continue red in 3days and drop in water more pain my eye now left eye started in pain.
Hii my eyes become red in the evening and maximum yellowish in the day. I have a minor problem of cholesterol. What do I do.
Me and my husband had very weak eyes and we have used spectacles then after our marriage we went for Lasik. My baby is 3 years old. To keep him engaged he sometimes watches tv in a day maximum 1 hour. I have noticed as soon as he starts watching tv he starts rubbing his one eye. What could be the reason? And please suggest some good diet for eye health so that he does not have to use specs at early age.
5year male child eyes are red from 10 days and liquid is coming now from eyes tell medicines to cure and precautions and causes.
I have myopia. And the number of my lens is constantly increasing with age. What steps should I take to improve my eyesight?
Hi Doctor, my eyes is very low and right eye in problem. what a solution in problem? Please help me.
I am 26 year old. I have an eye problem since last year. I already checked to a doctor but my defectness is only minus 0.25 but I have some shortage of vision especially in dusk time. How can I correct my defectness.
My friend is having redness in his eyes from 2 to 3 days and also having itching nearby so please help it out.
Sir i have dandruf on my eye lashes which when fall in my eyes causes irritation and also inflamation of eyelids.I always keep my eyes moist. Please help.
What is the diet one should take to improve eyesight within 2-3 weeks? And Things like walking bare feet on grass on mornings and Rotating eyes Sideways and upside down beneficial Or Myths?
Diabetes is the condition where the blood glucose levels in your body tend to be quite high and can have an adverse effect on many of the organs in your body. The eyes are no exception and can be quite adversely affected by diabetes as well.
Let's look at the various problems you could face if you have diabetes:
1. Blurry vision: Diabetes can cause the lens in the eye to swell and this will affect the way you see. Because of the increased lens size, the eyes have difficulty in focusing on objects resulting in blurry vision. You will have to get your blood sugar levels back to normal and only then the vision will begin to correct itself. This will however take time to happen.
2. Cataract: Blurry vision for an extended period of time which progressively gets worse can be a symptom of cataract. Although cataracts can develop even with normal patients, they tend to accelerate and happen earlier in adults who have diabetes. Cataracts are usually fixed with surgery where the natural lens is removed and replaced with an artificial lens.
3. Diabetic retinopathy: Diabetic Retinopathy and Retinal Detachment are one of the leading causes of blindness in adults who suffer from diabetes. The retina is a very important part of the eye which allows us to see the images by capturing light and then sending them to the brain via the optical nerve. With diabetic retinopathy the smaller blood vessels in your retina may get damaged and thus end up causing damage to your vision. This can be of three types:
- Proliferative Retinopathy: In this condition very small blood vessels grow from the surface of the retina. The retina is the film at the back of your eye , and the tiny blood vessels are capillaries. These growing blood vessels are very delicate and bleed easily. If you have had diabetes for years your retinae may develop this condition. As the retina is damaged by diabetes, the diseased retina releases special growth chemicals. These chemicals make tiny blood vessels grow: these are called 'new blood vessels.
- Background Retinopathy: Background or nonproliferative diabetic retinopathy (NPDR) is the earliest stage of diabetic retinopathy. With this condition, damaged blood vessels in the retina begin to leak extra fluid and small amounts of blood into the eye.
- Maculopathy: The macula is the central area of your retina. It is responsible for all your sharp vision, such as used for watching TV or reading. It can become damaged in diabetes, with leaks developing (oedema).
4. Glaucoma: This is a condition where fluids build up inside the eye and it results in the pressure within it building up. This may damage the blood vessels within the eye and cause vision changes. Problems within the eye may not be detected till you experience vision loss. Some of the symptoms of glaucoma may include:
- Blurry vision
- Watering from Eyes
- Difficulty in vision
- Pain in the eyes
- Lights appear to have halos
Treatments: Blurry vision also tends to go away slowly once the level of blood glucose is controlled either via medicines or by diet changes. However, glaucoma or diabetic retinopathy may require a range of medicines to ease the pressure on the eye or to discharge fluid buildup. If none of these works, then relevant surgery may be required to resolve the problems.