Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Triveni M.P.
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Triveni M.P.Your feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Ramya Udhay Kumar
My wife had three abortions two years back. After there is no sign of Pregnancy for 1 year. Later six month we visited Dr. Triveni MP at Blossom (Hosa road), she had given a treatment and now my wife is sixth month pregnancy. So I recommend the people to Visit Dr.Triveni who has problem with pregnancy.
K Santhoshi Ramya
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Triveni M.P. to be very helpful. Thank you so much for taking time and talking to me
Chlamydia is a STD, caused due to intercourse, or even sexual contact. This is often accompanied by vaginal discharge or genital pain. Chlamydia can affect both the sexes to any age group, though young sexually active women are mostly diagnosed with it. If left untreated, this STD can cause further complications, some of them, fatal.
Symptoms of Chlamydia in women
1. Abnormal odorous vaginal discharge
2. Bleeding resulting from intercourse or even between periods
3. Pain during menstruation or sexual intercourse
4. Soreness in the lower abdomen
5. A burning sensation or itching around the vagina
6. Painful urination
7. Green or yellow vaginal discharge
Infection can extend to the fallopian tubes, leading to a disease called Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID). PID can bear symptoms such as nausea, severe pain in the pelvic region, fever and unusual bleeding during one’s periods. There are also high chances of contracting the chlamydia infection in the anus, the indications being pain, bleeding and discharge from the anus. Oral sex with a person diagnosed with this condition can also result in you contracting this infection in the throat, resulting in soreness, fever and cough.
Causes of Chlamydia in women
1. Chlamydia, being a sexually transmitted infection, primarily spreads through unprotected sex. However, sexual intercourse need not always be the reason behind this disorder. Sexual contact or even indulging in oral sex without using protection (in the form of dental dams) can result in this disease.
2. Newborn infants are also prone to acquiring this infection that is passed on to them by their mothers during birth. Therefore, pre-natal checkups are a must for detection.
3. Rarely, one can contract the infection in the eyes as well, through any form of oral or genital contact.
Why do miscarriages occur?
For a mother, a miscarriage is the last thing she would want to hear. It can pin her down psychologically, leading to trauma and stress in unfathomable measures. To understand miscarriage better: it is a condition wherein there is a loss of pregnancy within the first 22 weeks of getting pregnant. The primary symptom of a miscarriage is bleeding from the vagina. So if you experience vaginal bleeding during this phase, then consult a doctor for further guidance.
Why do they occur?
There are many reasons as to why a miscarriage may occur and no study has been able to put a finger on any one specific cause. Having said that, miscarriages are mainly caused due to the presence of unusual chromosomes in the baby. Chromosomes are genetic material that directs the growth and development of a baby. Chromosomes present in either excess numbers or less can hinder the development of the baby. If the miscarriage occurs during the second trimester (14th to 26th week), then it can be accrued to a health anomaly in the mother. A miscarriage may also occur because of a weak cervix as a weak cervix will not be able to hold a pregnancy. This condition is called cervical insufficiency and occurs when the woman is in her second trimester.
Is it possible to prevent them?
In most cases, miscarriages cannot be prevented. For women who have suffered multiple miscarriages, multiple medications might be required to help with their subsequent pregnancies. Following a healthy lifestyle is recommended as it can minimize the risk of a miscarriage. One must abstain from smoking and substance abuse and limit consumption of alcohol in order to keep the body in optimal condition. It is advised to maintain optimal weight levels and eat a well-balanced diet.
A miscarriage is a very traumatic experience for a mother to be; it can be emotionally debilitating. That is the reason counseling can help in times such as these. Start planning for a baby only once the symptoms have subsided and you have also had a period post the miscarriage. It is important to make sure that you are physically and emotionally ready to have a baby. Remember, a miscarriage doesn’t mean the end of the world. One can enjoy a fully healthy and a successful pregnancy even after a miscarriage. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Are you pregnant and planning on having a natural childbirth? There are several things to keep in mind when considering a natural childbirth. Natural birth involves no interventions and drugs and you need to prepare well for it. Here are some important tips you should follow, if you want to have a natural childbirth:
- Choose a birth environment of your choice: You should choose a safe place for giving birth. Many women feel more secure at home and prefer it as the place for giving birth, while some choose a hospital.
- Choose a care provider you trust: It is important for you to choose a trustworthy care provider, who will make you feel at ease and will pay respect to your wishes. In the case of giving birth in a hospital, you can opt for hiring a doula.
- Prepare your body: It is important to prepare your body physically before natural childbirth. Pregnancy is quite exhausting and makes you want to refrain from activities, but you should walk for some time every day to keep fit. Keeping your body in good shape will help you with stamina during delivery.
- Ice Game: You can play the ice game with your partner. It is a game designed to give you a glimpse of how to handle labor pain. This is more of an assessment, meant for giving you an idea about coping with pain of contractions. This method is also ideal for learning to deal with pain.
- Educate yourself: It is important for you to read a lot about pregnancy. You should read from the Internet and also from books and stories related to natural childbirth.
- Be positive: It is very important for you to maintain a positive state of mind, prior to your natural childbirth. You need to be determined and strong and reiterate to yourself that you are strong and will be able to cope with the process.
- Coping strategies: Learn about various coping strategies. Keeping your jaw relaxed, horse lips, and low moaning are some strategies you can try.
- Avoid cervical checks: Try avoiding cervical checks as much as possible, as they are not always a progressive measure. You do not have to be too much focused on dilation numbers.
- Prepare your partner: Your partner also has to play an important role during your childbirth. You should make him learn all the major facts regarding natural childbirth and let him know about your expectations and hopes for labor.
- Change positions during labor: You should try different positions during labor, and not think of being silly.
It is also important for you to get rid of preconceived ideas of natural childbirth from your mind. The process is different in different women, and you must embrace it.