Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. TriveniYour feedback matters!
M 21 years old. and i am missing my periods. Today is 36th day bt. and sometimes feeling pain in lower abdomen. and I already have an irregular history of menses. What to do? suggest me some medicine ?
Sir how I can make my physical good. Because I am very slim. Please do respond with effective solution. Tell me what diet to follow?
I am 25 years old. I have regular menses. Had laparoscopy 2 month ago for endometriosis. Now every thing is ok. Had ovulation on my 14th day of cycle niw Dr. prescribed me deviry 10 mg. Does it help me to conceive?
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as cushing's syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I'm a healthy 27 year old who is about to lose her mind. My last period was march 9, i've taken a few pregnancy tests (most recent one last week) which all came back negative. I'm hungry all the time and tired. I have a history of fairly regular cycles. So what could be wrong?
My mensuration has not come yet, I think am pregnant I want to remove it with drugs but I do not know the drugs name.
Hi doctor I am 26 years old women. I am suffering from vaginal yeast infection. Symptoms are frequent vaginal itching and burning. My family doctor prescribed me terbinafine hydrochloride cream and fluconazole but didn't worked out. So she prescribed me candiforce 200 itraconazole tablets but it was temporary relief as soon as my dose completed my symptoms started recurring. My vaginal skin has become rough and reddish. Nd there is unbearable itching and burning some time. please advice me.
As I am of 28, I am having my 2nd pregnancy stage of 2 trimester and all test report were normal but when doctor diagones me at ultra sound machine found that I have more fluid in my uterus. Kindly tell me detail regarding such phenomena as I am worried regarding that as my 1st delivery before 5 years was normal but this time such an issue arise which made to thought what an problem arises. If is their any solution or medication available kindly share me so that I am follow up or any preventive measure or treatment available kindly help me out, and share me details regarding such phenomena. What type of diet I should follow. My weight is 65 kg weight any diabetic issue or any other issues regarding thyroid my all test report are normal but still such issue arises I am of 28, I am having my 2nd pregnancy stage of 2 trimester and all test report were normal but when doctor diagones me at ultra sound machine found that I have more fluid in my uterus. Kindly tell me detail regarding such phenomena as I am worried regarding that as my 1st delivery before 5 years was normal but this time such an issue arise which made to thought what an problem arises. If is their any solution or medication available kindly share me so that I am follow up or any preventive measure or treatment available kindly help me out, and share me details regarding such phenomena. What type of diet I should follow. My weight is 65 kg weight any diabetic issue or any other issues regarding thyroid my all test report are normal but still such issue arise.
Adding some sea salt to your bath water can do wonders for your health. It not only rejuvenates you, but also helps in balancing the energies of your body. Here are some of the health benefits you can get by opting for a sea salt bath.
Sea salts contain traces of minerals like magnesium, bromide and potassium, which give your body a soothing feel and relieve aches. Immersing your body in warm salted water helps in eliminating muscle cramps and pain and relaxes you completely. Moreover, studies suggest that sea salt baths are beneficial for your psychological well being as well.
2. Elimination of harmful bacteria from your skin
The sodium chloride content of any salt makes it an effective disinfectant. When you bathe in water containing sea salt, it speeds up the healing process of minor cuts by killing the harmful bacteria and even helps the blood to clot.
3. Moisturized and thoroughly cleansed skin
Sea salts, when combined with warm water, help cleanse your skin deeply by opening skin pores and getting rid of impurities, oil and dirt accumulated on your skin. Sea salt contains magnesium, which not only keeps your skin hydrated, but also removes wrinkles and reduces the appearance of fine lines to give you younger looking skin.
4. Relief from rheumatologic conditions
When you mix some sea salt in your bath water, it provides for better blood circulation in your body, and hence, gives relief from rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
5. Healthy bones
Sea salts are rich in calcium, which makes a sea salt bath good for your bones too as it helps in strengthening them, thereby reducing the chances of developing osteoporosis.
Dissolving sea salt in your bath water aids in the better functioning of the lymph system of your body, which in turn helps in getting rid of the toxins and by-products of metabolism. More significantly, a sea salt bath can reduce swelling by removing the accumulation of fluids around your ankles, thighs and knees.
7. Treatment for common cold
A warm salt water bath proves to be an effective way of treating common cold as the combined effect of the temperature of the water and minerals present in sea salts improves your blood circulation.
Apart from these benefits, salt water baths are devoid of any types of side effects. So, don’t forget to mix some sea salt into your bath water to give your day a fresh and healthy beginning.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Last time I got my periods on 16th Jan and had unprotected intercourse on 25th Jan. He got discharged inside me, so I had ipill the same day. After that on 1st Feb, I got my periods again but the flow is like once a day. Its too thick and brown or sometimes black n dark reddish in colour. Since 1st feb till now, I get flow one time a day and its colour is described above. Is it a side effect of ipill? What's the cure? And I would like to mention that every time I have an intercourse and he gets dc inside me, I take ipill. I am too afraid regarding this.
I want to know that in my folds of vagina always there is a white deposition, is it normal or does this white thing need to be removed and if yes then how and also I had a recent urine test and there was no urine infection.
The gall bladder, which sits just below the rib cage to the right of the stomach, is very tender to touch. It is a little sac or storage compartment for bile, which is produced by the liver. The gallbladder emits bile into the small intestines via a duct referred to as the cystic duct. The entire process is meant to break down foods (namely fatty foods).
Gallbladder attack symptoms may include one or more of the following:
- Pain in the back right shoulder blade: Sometimes, pain radiates through to the back shoulder blade on the right side or in the middle between the shoulder blades. This is pain from the gallbladder affecting the back of the shoulder. This back shoulder blade chest pain is one of the most common yet unknown symptoms of a gallbladder disorder. This can come and go or be constant. It may be sharp, excruciating or dull. It may also occur especially at night. A gallbladder attack will typically last for one to four hours.
- Pain in the stomach: The most common symptom of a gallbladder problem is pain. This pain usually occurs in the mid to upper-right section of your abdomen. It can be mild and intermittent, or it can be quite severe and frequent. In some cases, the pain will begin to radiate to other areas of the body, including the back and chest.
- Nausea or Vomiting: Nausea and vomiting are common symptoms among all types of gallbladder problems. But only a chronic gallbladder disease may cause digestive problems, such as acid reflux, gas, nausea, and vomiting.
- Diarrhea: Having more than four bowel movements a day for at least three months may be a sign of chronic gallbladder disease.
- Fever or Chills: An unexplained fever may signal that you have a bile duct infection. If you have an infection, you need treatment before it worsens and becomes dangerous. The infection can become life-threatening if it's allowed to spread to other parts of the body.
- Unusual Stools or Urine: Lighter-colored stools and dark urine are possible signs of a common bile duct block.
What is the best time for sex. What what are precautions to be taken before having sex prior to marriage.
Get portion sizes under control!
Researchers have found that portion sizes have grown over the past 20 years, not only at restaurants, but in our homes as well. But why have portions gotten so big?
Producing food is cheaper now than it was 20 years ago, with the advent of various technologies and more efficient farming. However, instead of lowering prices, food producers realized that if they increased the portion sizes, even a little, they could increase the cost of the item. We as consumers saw the larger sizes as a better value (which it is, purely from a monetary stand point). So for example, we were getting 50% more product for only 16% more money. Hard to resist, isn’t it?
Over time we, as consumers, have been conditioned to seek out" value sizing" oversized portions begin to look normal to us. And to make the vicious cycle complete, research has shown that whether you really want so much food or not, the more you're served, the more you eat.
So.. What to do?
The first step to control overeating is to recognize how much you are actually consuming. It’s important to understand that portion sizes are different than serving sizes.
Portion size = Amount of food you decide to put on your plate to eat
Serving size = Standards set for foods in the all the food groups
In other words, to get control over your portions, you need to make sure you know exactly how many servings you are consuming at a time. Ideally, your portion size would equal just one serving. But if it doesn’t, you need to account for the calories accordingly.
Start adjusting your portion sizes in your own kitchen: Switch to smaller plates, bowls, and cups.
The key to maintaining a healthy weight is all about portion control. It's not about giving up foods you enjoy, but rather controlling the portions.