Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. TriveniYour feedback matters!
My gf finished her periods and now we had have to elestra how to start it can I start it now because its 2nd day of finished periods ?
Hi. Im 27 and had unprotected sex and I took ipill immediately after that. Then after a week had withdrawal bleeding almost for 10 days and it was heavy. please let me know am I still pregnant. Is there still chance of being pregnant.
Hi doctor. I am 20yrs, female. I have my dates on 5th every month. But this month I had some spotting on the 28th and 29th with pain for 3-4 days. Is it normal? Also will I get my dates on 5th Jan this month? I have a trip on 15th, so I need to be relieved of this thing.
I am a mother of 1 1/2 month's toddler. Do I need to follow any particular diet? I am breast feeding my son.
Hi, I am a 3 months pregnant now. Doctor told I am having twins because I had took tIVF treatment. Last year also I took this treatment and I lost my twin babies during 7 th month pregnancy. This time doctor told to reduce one baby during 11th week. Is there any risk to me and for the second baby. I am getting tensed for this. Please give solution.
Periods after 25, 35, 40, 55 days sometime. She was having cyst in her ovaries last year and was under medications. Thereafter menses were regular but unable to concieve. Please suggest us what to do. And also what is the right time after menses for having sex. In intercourse, after ejaculations, most of the ejaculated semen come out of her vagina. Is it normal? or is there any problem in the procedure of having effective copulation. Please suggest.
Are you experiencing swelling, bump and lesions in your vaginal area? These might be an indication of female vaginal sores. They may be itchy, quite painful, are usually tender and may also produce discharge. The sores usually develop because of skin disorders. Most cases of genital sores are symptoms of some kind sexually transmitted infection (STI).
Diagnosis of female genital sores
A physical examination is undertaken for finding out the exact cause of genital sores and swelling in women. A pelvic test may also be carried out and you will be required to provide your doctor with your medical history reports. Blood tests, including blood work and a culture of the sore are also used for diagnosis. A culture is referred to as the method of taking a sample from your genital sore and testing it for the detection of bacteria. An ideal treatment method is suggested by your doctor after proper diagnosis.
Based on the symptoms you experience and observe, you can cure vaginal sores by using simple self-care methods before consulting a doctor. A sitz bath is effective for getting relief from pain and discomfort. You can prepare a sitz bath at home by filling your bathtub with warm water and adding a saline solution or baking soda to the water in the bathtub. The water should be up to your hips when you get into the bathtub. You may even purchase a small basin meant for a sitz bath, which is available at all drug stores.
There are various ways of treating vaginal sores and the exact treatment depends on the cause of the sores. Here is a list of the most common treatment methods:
- Use certain oral and topical medicines for treating the sores and getting relief from pain.
- Try other medicines which include pain relievers, antibiotics, corticosteroids, antiviral medications, and certain anti-itch medicines for treating vaginal sores.
- Some forms of genital sores do not require treatment, but you can get rid of them if they are bothering you. A noncancerous cyst is such a type of sore.
- The long term outlook for vaginal sores depends on the cause. Sores accompanied by swelling occur due to chronic skin conditions, which are likely to affect you again in the future. You should get an existing STI treated for avoiding the recurrence of vaginal sores.
- The best way to keep away from vaginal sores is to have safe sex using protection, such as condoms. This will prevent the infection from being transmitted to your sexual partners. You must not hide the fact that you are having vaginal sores to avoid harassment, and should always open up and seek proper treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 31 year old female. I am suffering from many health problems. Like hypo thyroid. Taking 75mg thyroxin medicine. Every month facing genital herpes. It happened after marriage. I got marriage in 2012 and in 2013 I got divorce. Now depression, tremors in hands and legs fast heart beat sleeplessness. What should I do.
I am on my 7th month of pregnancy and sometimes get some cold sensation under the left side of my belly button. Don't know what is that but this cold sensation always make me scared. Can somebody answer of what is that?
Am 20. We are trying to conceive for 7months but no luck. So can I take ubiquinol as a supplement to conceive faster.
It is been 2 months my wife has suffered from infection in ovary. In previous month we were planning and after few days she's complained of frequent urination, sensations, and pain sometimes. By the time she got recovered through proper medication and just recently again we planned and the same thing occurred. I M worried and need to know whether the infection has occurred from me or by other means.
How to use flavoured condom I mean is it for a girl to suck while m wearing a condom but that's oily how can some 1 suck a condom What is flavour for? I mean is it just for good smell or so that girls can taste that flavour nd how?
Does pre-ejaculatory or precum makes a women pregnant? Precum went inside her vagina, before that I huv ejaculated semen from 5 days please I need a answer.
How many days, can have sex without any contraceptive aftr menstruation? Time minimum required to form new ovum.
My wife is pregnant 16 weeks, she has undergone cervical length surgery (stitch) on 5th September 2016, at that time her cervical length was 2.8 cm and now it is 2.9 cm, will it be safe to travel by flight post 5th October 2016.
I am 19 year old in periods time suffering from much stomach pain though I. Take rest can you please help me out with any suggestion.
My LMP was 23 July. I have a baby of 6 months. Bt in august I don't undergone periods and pregnancy test was negative. Wat iz dis.
The adrenal glands are present above the kidneys (hence the name) and produces an important hormone known as cortisol. Cortisol is responsible for regulating multiple body functions, including controlling the blood pressure, protein and carbohydrate metabolism, and anti-inflammatory response, and stress management.
Under natural circumstances, the body produces excessive cortisol in the following situations:
Physically stressing situations like illness, surgery, injury, pregnancy, etc.
- Emotionally stressed situations
- Athletic training
- Panic disorders
Causes: Cushing’s syndrome is a group of symptoms that manifest when there is too much cortisol in the body. It is more common in women than men, in the age group of 25 to 40. Some of the common causes for Cushing’s syndrome are listed below:
- Consuming too much of prednisone (and other steroids) or for prolonged periods can cause Cushing’s syndrome. These are strong anti-inflammatory medications and are used in asthma, arthritis, lupus, transplants, etc., to control the body’s inflammation reaction. It is therefore advisable to use topical steroids than oral steroids or injections as their effects are more noticeable and severe.
- Adrenal gland tumours can cause excessive production of cortisol.
- Pituitary gland tumours or adenomas also can also cause excessive production of cortisol, leading to Cushing’s syndrome.
The first type is known as exogenous Cushing’s disease and the others are known as endogenous Cushing’s disease.
Signs and symptoms: Cushing’s disease produces characteristic features which are referred to as the Cushingoid appearance. These features include the following:
- A rounded, plump face with a pinkish hue
- A moon face, with fat deposits on the face
- A buffalo hump with fat deposits between the shoulders
- Stretch marks on the abdomen, thighs, and arms
- Weak muscles, especially in the hips and shoulder
- Significant weight gain
- Skin that gets thin and bruises easily
- Extreme tiredness
- High blood pressure
- High blood sugar
- Thin arms and legs
- Delayed healing of cuts and injuries
- Increased facial hair in women
- Menstrual disorders
- Reduced libido, infertility, and erectile dysfunction in men
- Emotional issues like depression, anxiety, irritability
- Increased thirst and urination
- Bone loss, and eventually fractures
- Affected bone growth in the developing years
- Increased susceptibility to infections
Complications: Untreated Cushing’s disease can lead to bone fractures, hypertension, full-blown infections, kidney stones, etc.
Treatment: This would depend on the cause. If you are on long-term steroids, the dose would need to be adjusted. This should always be done under medical supervision, as it requires constant adjustment. Underlying tumours (pituitary or adrenal) need to be diagnosed and treated. There are other hormones too which come into the picture and need to be monitored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist..