Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Triveni ArunYour feedback matters!
I think my eyesight are getting week and from last 2-3 days my head use to pain. Please advice me what to do and is carrots are good for eye?
I work for software company and sit minimum 8 hours in front of computer. Now I am feeling weakness in my eyes. What should I take in food for strong eye sight.
The delicate skin around the eyes tend to become thinner due to over exposure to sun and heat
Keep the eye hydrated by using a light under eye cream
Or eye cream will aid in cooling down eyes.
Hi, I am 27 year old lady. I met with an accident two weeks before. Post to that white part of left eye had some red color. Doctor said it will go after 2 weeks. But even after two weeks it didn't reduced much. What should I do?
I sit in front of computer most of the time fir which my eyes turns red and tears fall, So please recommend me a medicine.
I am 20 years old I can' t able to read the board which is at some distance. Tears are immediately coming when I see board.Please suggest.
My right eye sight is 9. And left eye is so week even if 25 number sight glass is used I was unable to see objects clear with my left eye. Is it possible that my eye sight brought to 0. please give me tips to decrease my eye sight.
I am 29 Year old male and having eye glass of -0.5 & working on computer almost 10 hrs a day. Want remove the same. Suggest me whether I have to use the eye glass & which type of eyeglass to be use. Also suggest food which keep my eye healthy.
09August2013 I had met with road accident on motorbike. I had injury on my left eye and after having MRI report I came to know that I am suffering from multiple small hemorrhages around the optic nerves in medical language (Post traumatic optic nerve atrophy). 2) Next to that I had undergone with endoscopy surgery to decompress the optic nerve. 3) But still I am not recovered yet, I have only vision in one eye i. E right eye my left eye not responding to any kind of light. For your information: I am taking neurobin forte. please Suggest how I can recover from my ailment or what can I do for betterment.
Why my right upper eyelid is paining at lateral side. I can feel swelling there. I feel pain inside the eyelid.
Diabetic retinopathy is an eye problem that can be caused by either type 1 or type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Retinopathy occurs when diabetes damages the tiny blood vessels in the retina. The weakened blood vessels may leak fluid and blood.
Who are at risk for developing diabetic retinopathy?
Those with poorly controlled blood sugar levels are at a high risk of developing diabetic retinopathy. In addition, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, anemia, kidney disease and pregnancy can all place a patient at greater risk of suffering from diabetic eye disease.
How frequently should I get my eye examined?
If you have diabetes, you should get a yearly examination by your ophthalmologist. Once you develop diabetic retinopathy, your ophthalmologist may advise further investigations or treatment. A periodic follow up as advised by your ophthalmologist is mandatory. The frequency of these follow up visits is decided based on the severity of the disease.
What are the symptoms of diabetic retinopathy?
There may be no symptoms in the early stages, especially when the central portion of the retina is not involved. As the retinopathy progresses, you may have:
- Blurred vision.
- Floaters, which can look like black spots, little threads, or cobwebs.
- Bleeding in the eye causing sudden loss of vision.
- Temporary or permanent loss of vision.
- Pain is not a common feature of the disease.
I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? I have an eye power but not not using specs or anything. May be is this the reason for headache?
Hi, I want to know the difference between FACO, MICS and FAMTO. I also want to know which lence is best/Safe for both visions (Far and Short). The patient is aged 58, diagonsed very initial stage cataract, enhancement in numbers of glasses from 1 to 2. She is diagonsed for Cataract surgery. Doctor also said that he may remove her glasses by surgery.
My friends eye spec number is increasing day by day. His age is 34. In last 3 years 3 times his spec no increased.
Hi doctor. I am 19 years old recently I am having some kind of mild pain at the ends of my eyes. It is not very frequent but since past few days I am experiencing it. I sit in front of the computer for a minimum of 6 hours daily and a very frequent mobile user. So am I experiencing this mild pain due to stress on my eyes or is it something else ? I can see everything clearly. Near things as well as distant and currently I am not wearing any spectacles as I don't have any eye number. Please suggest some ways to relieve this pain. Thank you :)
Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to distress the eyes.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Blinking: Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds and then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Near and far focusing: This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes.
It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath