Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Triveni Arun
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Triveni ArunYour feedback matters!
Doctor, My left eye is red and watery for 2 days and has swallow up since last night. I am on a medication 1. Mostika (15 times a day) 2. Life ok (4 times a day) 3. ITR (4 times a day). But I am not getting any relief. Kindly help. I am not able to study for exams. I shall be highly obliged.
There are a number of eye conditions that make the use of glasses and eye lenses mandatory for a more comfortable life where your vision is as normal as is medically possible. Poor eyesight and conditions like inward eyelids and others can lead to the prescription of contact lenses and glasses. Contact lenses are delicate optical tools that glide easily over your eyes and need a lot of care. One should also know how to wear them properly. If one does not wear and care for the contact lenses properly, it may lead to a variety of complications. Read on to know how you can take better care of your contact lenses.
Cleanliness: To begin with, keeping the lenses clean is of utmost importance. Since these lenses will go on to the eye and remain there for most part of the day, it is imperative that they should be clean so that no dirt comes to settle on the eye to cause complications and even possible infections in the long run. While the disposable soft contact lenses do not need a whole lot of care as they can be disposed as and when the wearer needs a new pair, the soft lenses are the ones that need regular care so as to avoid vision affecting problems in the long run.
Clean Hands: Before you handle the contact lenses, you must wash and clean your hands thoroughly with a non cosmetic soap that is free of additives like fragrances and artificial perfumes, oils and other lotions. These may get transferred to the lens which will leave you with blurry vision. Dry your hands properly using a lint free towel.
Makeup: If you have to wear makeup, we would suggest doing so after you have safely installed the contact lenses in your eyes. Also, you must remember to remove your lenses before you begin the makeup removal procedure. This is to be done so that you do not get any makeup on to the delicate surface of the lens.
Disinfecting Solution: When you buy your contact lenses, you will also get a disinfecting solution as well as a set of instructions for taking care of your lenses. So ensure that you use the correct disinfecting solution, eye drops as well as the prescribed enzymatic cleaners to keep your lenses clean and free of germs with a light rubbing action. Let the lenses stand in this solution at night too so that the germs cannot travel to the surface.
Never use tap water or your mouth to clean these lenses as the microorganisms found even in distilled water can latch on to the surface.
My eyes stay yellow all the time. I smoke everyday do you think that's the reason for it. Is there any way to make them white.
My husband has done cataract operation lastonth in his left eye. He has to do the operation in his right eye too but after operation in his left eye he is finding heaviness in his right eye/head. Is this normal for the other eye to feel heavy? He has become so nervous that he doesn't to do the other eye operation.
Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to distress the eyes.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Blinking: Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds and then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Near and far focusing: This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes.
It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!