Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. Thyagaraj JYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, few month of prior my hair fall very how can I can control and there is connection b/w hair and hypertension.
I am 17 1/2 years old and I have much amount of pimples my face is also so oily .I don't want the pimples so how can I do it Can you give me any suggestion or give me some cream to use in my face.
I have pimples on my face. I consulted a doctor and he has given some medicines but it is not cured totally. I am taking medicine for two months. Can you suggest any medical treatment to cure pimples completely?
I want know is hair transplant procedure is safe and good? How much reliable it is for natural dense hair grow?
Psoriasis is the condition in which the infected skin cells multiply 10 times faster than the normal rate. During this disease, the normal skin tends to get covered by a layer of dead skin cells, not allowing the skin to breathe. People who suffer from psoriasis face an increased likelihood of contracting other serious medical conditions such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and psoriatic arthritis.
Psoriasis can erupt just about anywhere on the body, but it most often occurs on the scalp, chest, back, elbows, knuckles, and knees. If you have a mild case, the patches may hardly be noticeable. The worst cases produce unsightly patches almost everywhere.
Psoriasis can also affect fingernails and toenails, making them appear pitted and discolored. It can even cause significant joint pain, a condition known as psoriatic arthritis.
Most people who develop psoriasis are initially diagnosed in their teens, twenties, or thirties. The disease follows a very unpredictable course. That first flare-up may also be the last. Or it may signal the start of a lifetime of flare-ups that come and go for no apparent reason. Fortunately, when the lesions disappear, they leave no scars.
Here's a list of following unsafe health conditions created by psoriasis:
- Cancer - People experiencing psoriasis are subjected to an increased risk of contracting certain cancers like lymphoma. A study discovered that people diagnosed with psoriasis have an increased likelihood of 40% to contract cancer than the general population. The reason for this particular risk hasn't been yet understood.
- Kidney disease - According to a 2013 study, published in the British Medical journal people with psoriasis have an increased risk of encountering kidney disorders. Severe and mild psoriasis increases the likelihood of kidney diseases by 58% and 36% respectively.
- Obesity - People suffering from mild psoriasis are 30% likelier to be obese than those who are not. For people diagnosed with severe psoriasis the chances increase by 80%.
- Diabetes and high cholesterol - High levels of triglycerides, total cholesterol and lipoprotein are present in patients with psoriasis, and these patients are 28% likelier to have high cholesterol compared to the general masses. According to a recent study, people with the condition have a 46% increased chance of suffering from Type 2 diabetes.
- Peptic ulcers and mood disorders - In some cases, peptic ulcers are also linked with psoriasis. The reason for this is attributed to inflammation. Psoriasis also leads to mood disorders like depression due to the pain and anxiety arising from the condition
Ayurveda & Psoriasis
As per the Ayurveda outlook, the imbalance of vata and kapha doshas leads to skin disorders, but with the help of certain herbs one can restore the balance of these two dosha. 5 common herbs, which can help are:
- Garlic: Garlic is a blood purifier and helps in treating the skin disorders, which often occur due to impure blood.
- Jasmine: Jasmine is an amazing plant and has great healing properties, as often Jasmine flowers are crushed and their paste is applied on the psoriasis infected parts of the skin.
- Neem: Neem is one of the best detoxification and purification agents known to man and has antiseptic properties as well. Neem has a lot of benefits as it can fight bacterial and viral infections effectively.
- Guggul: Guggul is highly beneficial in treating as it is known as the best vata and kapha balancing herb. It has lipid-lowering and anti-inflammatory properties as well.
- Turmeric: The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric helps in relieving pain, swelling and inflammation associated with psoriasis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 27 years old female. Since 3 years I have unwanted facial hair on chin. It's dark and Thick. I am worried about that problem. I recently check my hormonal level it's Ok in report. And I'm not suffering in PCOD. MY MENSTRUAL is regular. please suggest me medicine. I need your help. please reply soon.
Hello sir I have problem of dark circles under eyes for last 3 years and my eye side are very weak I face difficulty in watching far things so pls tell me the solution to solve this I am very thank full to you.
I have constant itching on the area between my thighs (near my penis). I have white color patches on the area and the thing is distracting. What should I do?
I am 22 year old I'm start loosing my hairs Tell me something Now it will be too much hair loose it increases day by day.
I am 21 years old. I have got dark patches in my underarms. No matter what I do, it does not fade away. Due to dark underarms, I am unable to go sleeveless. What to do? I badly need even skinned underarms.
Hello doctor. I Have pimples marks on my chicks I want to remove that it looks very, dirty and my skin is so much oily pls suggest me.
I am 25 yr old maleFrom last 5 yr I am facing problems of pimples on my face try many kind of creamsBut finally no response with them. Plzz suggest me a good treatment.
I am 18 years old and I have rashes on my upper thigh of both legs for more than 2 weeks. please help.
Lybrate | Dr. Sonali Kohli speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY