Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Thriveni DYour feedback matters!
Sir or madam some sometimes I am getting In side of the heart that means side of the breast down of the neck I am thinking that because of weakness I am very week person slim my weight is 47 kgs or 46 kgs so please tell me what to do for be healthy doing meditation taking food timely all I am doing but also like this happening please tell me what to do how to cure this pain permanently how to stay healthy please tell me I am getting pain on the side of the breast neck downside getting tell me any medicine I will buy it and use please.
- Heart: smoking is the biggest risk factor for all heart diseases. It accelerates the process of fat deposition in the inner walls of arteries (atherosclerosis). It increases blood pressure and heart rate. Not only these, smoking increases tendency for the blood to clot. It reduces the capacity of a person to exercise.
- Lungs: smoking destroys small hairs present in upper parts of airways. In normal persons these hairs protect lungs from germs, dust and other harmful particles. When this natural cleaning system is damaged germs, dust, smoke and other harmful chemicals enter lungs causing infection, cough and lung cancer. The air sacs of lungs (alveoli) get permanently damaged causing difficulty in breathing.
- Digestive system: smoking causes heart burn, delays healing of peptic ulcers, increases risk of crohn’s disease and formation of gall stones. It affects liver and increases chances of stomach cancer.
- Legs: smoking affects blood vessels of legs causing chronic pain in legs. This may further progress to cause gangrene of toes or feet.
- Eyes: the sensitive blood vessels of eye are easily damaged by smoking. This causes blood shot appearance of eyes and itching. In heavy smokers it may lead to degeneration and loss of eyesight. Smokers are at an increased risk of cataracts.
- Skin: due to smoking the skin is deprived of oxygen and it loses its texture. An average smoker looks 5 years older than his healthy non smoking counterparts. The skin loses its healthy glow and takes on a yellowish-gray cast. The more cigarettes smoked, the worse skin will look. Wrinkles start appearing very quickly as smoking affects elastic tissues of skin.
- Bones: it accelerates the process of osteoporosis
- Cancer: smoking causes cancer of lungs, larynx, oral cavity, pharynx, oesophagus and bladder. Tobacco smoke contains more than 60 substances which cause cancer. 87% lung cancer death occurs due to smoking.
- Reproductive system: smoking reduces fertility in both men and women.
- In women: smoking imbalances estrogen hormone in women. It causes dryness of vagina and reduces blood flow to genital organs. Women who smoke can get diseases of fallopian tubes and their egg production is affected. Smoking can cause abortion. It accelerates aging process and can cause early menopause.
- The growth of baby retards when mother smokes in pregnancy. It affects the brain development of baby and reduces iq. This happens even when mother is a passive smoker. The chances of miscarriage, premature birth and fetal death increase.
- In men: smoking impairs erections and can become a reason for erectile dysfunction. It also reduces sperm count and impairs sperm motility. But these are reversed after stopping smoking.
Hence quit smoking. Quitting smoking has immediate as well as long-term benefits for you and your loved ones
1. Cuts Risk of Cancer
2. Protect against skin disorder
3. Increases metabolism
4. Stay Young
5. Control Blood Pressure / Cholesterol
6. Tea is naturally rich in antioxidant & hence helps to reduce the harmful effect of stress, Pollution, smoking, etc.
7. Preventing damage to healthy cell and tissue
8. Good for Brain power , Lungs , Liver , Bad Breath , Immunity & Bone
In 2013 I was took dots dose. For tuberculosis. Does it effects on fertility. Bcoz we are trying to conceive from last one year but it is not work.
My wife 48 yrs old is having irregular monthly periods and having sever headache in the mornings. Whether it is a hormone problem or ct scan is essential. Will a dose of hormone do?
It is common belief that people are highly interested in sex. However, this is not true. There are a lot of reasons which can reduce this sexual drive, known as libido. The reasons and therefore the causes are slightly different in men and in women. Read on to know some of the most common causes of reduced arousal in men and women and how to deal with it.
Causes of reduced arousal in men:
• Physiologically, sex is greatly influenced by the sex hormones and with age, as there is a gradual decline in the amount of these hormones in circulation, the sex drive also takes a dip. This need not be the case though.
• Stressed relationships is extremely common and though hormones have a big role to play, the mind is equally if not more important. If the couples are not happy, there is going to be no sex. As plain as that!
• Excessive smoking can reduce a person’s sexual arousal and even affect performance.
• Prescription medicines, lack of exercise, anxiety and depression are other causes that also reduce sexual desire.
• Testosterone replacement therapy in males is often used to boost sexual drive.
• Lifestyle changes including regular exercise, quitting or controlled smoking, stress management, healthy relationships can go a long way in improving sexual performance.
• If there are medications that are affecting the sexual drive, talk to your doctor and switch to an alternative.
• Counselling where the partner is also involved also is very important.
Women: The causes for low sexual drive in females is very different from men.
• Cultural differences: The cultural background and upbringing contribute in a big way to how responsive a person is. When it comes to sex, we as a country are still not very frank and open, and so there could be a perceived lack of desire. This is of course in the initial stages of a relationship and given some time, things would change.
• Relationship issues: Stressed relationships are definitely a big no-no for a physical relationship. Happy relationships definitely invite a lot more intimacy between the couple.
• Hormones: Testosterone which is present in both males and females affects sexual drive in women also. This hormone also gradually reduces over age, and causes some loss of libido.
• Medical problems: Depression, anxiety, endometriosis, fibroids, thyroid issues also affect a woman’s drive.
In managing this issue in women, psychology takes over a bigger role. Talking to the woman first and if required the partner helps in solving the issues in most women. Medical conditions, if present, should be corrected to address this issue. Hormone replacement and medication substitution also may be helpful if required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My daughter is unable to suck milk from my breast as there is less milk please hlp me how I increase my breast milk.
I am 25 years pregnant with my first baby. currently I am 31 weeks I had an emergent cerclage placed at 23 weeks due to short cervix with funneling. I had no complications so far through out my pregnancy. I'll be meeting my husband after 2 months and we mutually decided there will be no intercourse but causing each other. Is this ok with cerclage and what if I get WET during his caressing Please advice me. Does getting wet cause any infection or irritation to cerclage .
All parts of guduchi plant are used for various medicinal purposes.
The plant oil is effective in reducing pain and edema and in gout and skin diseases.
The herb accords longevity, enhances memory, improves health, and bestows youth, betters complexion, voice, energy and luster of the skin.
It is helpful in treating digestive ailments such as hyperacidity, colitis, worm infestations, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, excessive thirst, and vomiting and even liver disorders like hepatitis.
Fresh juice of guduchi, when mixed with rock candy, speeds up the recovery in hepatitis patients.
It helps in remedying ailments like raktapitta, anemia, cardiac debility, diabetes, sexual debility and splenic disorders.
The starch of the plant serves as a household remedy for chronic fever, relieves burning sensation and increases energy and appetite.
The decoction of guduchi, mixed with nimba and vasa, eases the itching and oozing.
It benefits general weakness, dyspepsia, impotency, dysentery, secondary syphilis, tuberculosis, jaundice, constipation, leprosy, general debility, cutaneous rashes and condylomata.
Guduchi helps in getting rid of renal caliculi and reduces blood urea level.
The decoction of guduchi and sunthi is a good combination for treating gout and rheumatic disorders.
Guduchi juice, when taken with cow’s milk or lodhra, is effective in combating leucorrhea.
The juice is mixed with cumin seeds and consumed to reduce the burning sensation caused due to pitta.
The root of guduchi is a strong emetic and used for bowel obstruction.
Diabetic patients are advised to use guduchi with caution, since it can lower blood sugar levels.
In case you are about to undergo a surgery, stop consuming guduchi two weeks beforehand, since it can interfere with blood sugar control during the surgery.
It is better to avoid guduchi during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Hello doctor, I am eight weeks pregnant jab mere husband mujhe hug aur kiss krtai hain aur mere ass hole mai sex krtai hai tu mera fluid nikalta hai, kiya es sai mere pregnancy per koi effect tu nhi hoga. Aur kiya hum intercourse kr Saktai hai meri es pregnancy stage mai.
I am a 21 year old girl my weight is 92 kg I want to get slim and a toned body what shall I do to determine the percentage of bone density muscle mass and fats in my body how shall I have long and thick hair please suggest me thank you.
Hello my vagina is not getting wet. When we do intercourse its pain lot to me and I am not able to do sex. I stop my partner due to pain. What to do so that we can have good n enjoyable sex?
I am 19 years old and I did not get my periods still. Last month my date was 12th and I was with my guy so I just had a blowjob nothing else. Please help me out
Mera naam laxmi hai that mera ek questio hai apse ki meri shadi ko 5 mahene ho gye hai or abhi tak main pregnant nhi ho payi hu or mere pati ka virya bhi bhut jaldi deschrage ho jata hai. Aap bta sakte ho ki aisa kyu hai.
Actually I have a sister. She got married before 6 years but she did not got a pregnancy. That is the problem so pls tell the the advice for me. She is 22 yeas old she is feeling so sad. Its seems to uncomfortable feeling so pls help to she please sir.
After delivery my tummy has increased a lot . I have not even wore tummy belt after 40 days of delivery. Not its 6 month my tummy is going on increasing. Please help n kindly suggest me home remedy to put my tummy back to normal . HOW CAN I DECREASE MY tummy.
5 Things to Keep in Mind if you Have Had Unprotected Sex
If you are not planning to get pregnant, some kind of contraceptive precaution should always be taken before or during sex. But, sometimes real life situations do happen in emergency when one is either not ready / forgotten/ignorant or lazy to use these precautions. The resultant anxiety starts taking a toll on you from the next morning after. Here are a few things that every sensible woman should keep in mind:
1) Unwanted pregnancy: Please keep a track of your last period date i.e. the day you started to bleed in the last month and calculate a projected date when your periods will start in this month. One can roughly divide a 28 day cycle in 4 quarters. Then calculate in which quarter the unprotected sex happened. If it happened in the first and the last quarter, then your chances to conceive are extremely rare but theoretically a pregnancy can result from even a single sexual contact at any time of the period.
2) Emergency contraception: If a pregnancy is a total no-no, you must consult a doctor to give you emergency contraception. This tablet needs to be taken as early as possible and within 72 hours of unprotected contact. The sooner it is taken the better are the results but its effectiveness is not 100% and failures resulting in pregnancy happen many a times. So do not rely on emergency pills except in real emergencies.
There is another way to protect your-self which is considered more effective by doctors. Intrauterine devices (Copper-T or multiload)can be inserted in your uterus up-to 5 days after an unprotected intercourse and removed as soon as your periods come. You could keep it for longer if you wish to use it as your regular contraceptive. This is more effective in avoiding pregnancy as compared to the pill and you could discuss this option with your gynaecologist.
3) Sexually transmitted infections: If it has been a one night stand or you are not very sure of your partner's sexuality, you must visit your gynaecologist to get yourself tested. Usually sexually transmitted infections cause pain in your lower tummy, foul smelling or itchy vaginal discharge, difficulty in urination and painful sex. If you think you have developed a STD (sexually transmitted disease), treatment should be taken quickly to avoid permanent damage.
4) Urinary infections: Difficulty in passing urine/ burning sensation and passing it drop by drop could be a sign of urinary infection which happens commonly in sensitive women after oral or vaginal sex. If you have any problems like this a simple urine routine test should be done to detect infections and treatment taken soon to avoid bad effect on your kidney.
5) Delay in Periods: Sometimes after unprotected intercourse, the periods are delayed. This can happen due to many reasons. The commonest reason is a delay associated with the use of emergency pills(I-Pill/unwanted 72 etc. available in Indian markets)) of up to one week. Stress, hormonal imbalance and failure of emergency pills causing a pregnancy are others. Whatever be the reason, one should not take a chance and at least do a home pregnancy test once every three days till periods resume. If the home test shows a positive pregnancy, you should contact your gynaecologist for further help.