Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Thriveni DYour feedback matters!
My wife is 48 year old and she is not interested in sex since last 8 months What should be the problem with her Please Advise.
Hi. I had sex with my girlfriend a week ago and she has been complaining about burning sensation in her vagina since then. I entered her and I thrusted her for 30 mins non-stop. And then she started saying that it was hurting. I stopped and tried to see what was wrong and saw that there was blood. I don't think it was the hymen that broke. Because there was no blood coming out. It just looked like something tore with a visible patch of blood. She says that I'm her first. And its the first time we had sex. She hasn't been able to sit or walk properly since then. What do I do?
Doctor I have been diagnosed with mild pcos Two months ago. We are trying for a baby since one year but all in vain. My doctor prescribed me normoz and fol123. I have no idea about whether I am ovulating or not. I have gone through follicular study also but that says egg is not rupturing good but the quantity of eggs are far better. I am a hypothyroidism patient too but the results are now normal. Gone through hsg also and it was normal. Please tell when will I get pregnant. I am getting down every month after hoping for gud news and sometimes volume of the blood is high and some months it os low.
My periods are not regular and take long time to close like 6 to 10 days. And in heavy manner. My baby is 1.4 year old. After pregnancy periods are irregular. Please suggest any thing.?
I am 12 weeks pregnant I did my ultrasound doc told my to do cervix stretch my cervix is 3.5 cm shall I do now or after I month shall I do this (5 years no baby now only I am pregnant)
Hi I am 36 week pregnant. From yesterday Eve m suffering from naval n umbilical cord pain. If I pushed this then I feel better. And feeling more baby's movements, some uterus pain also, so what can I do.
I had sex with my husband 2 days ago. Unfortunately during sex the condom broke. It was for a split second and he quickly changed the condom. But he is not sure weather he ejaculated or not. I do not want to take any contraceptive piles. What should I do?
I had unprotected sex on 26th of august and took an ipill within 1 hour but I still haven't got any withdrawal bleeding. Could I be pregnant?
The hormone human chorionic gonadotropin(better known as hCG) is produced during pregnancy.
It is made by cells formed in the placenta, which nourishes the egg after it has been fertilized and becomes attached to the uterine wall.
Levels can first be detected by a blood test about 11 days after conception and about 12-14 days after conception by a urine test.
Typically, the hCG levels will double every 72 hours. The level will reach its peak in the first 8-11 weeks of pregnancy and then will decline and level off for the remainder of the pregnancy.
Key Things To Remember About HCG Levels -
- As you get further along in pregnancy and the hCG level gets higher, the time it takes to double can increase to about every 96 hours.
- Caution must be used in making too much of hCG numbers. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and result in a perfectly healthy baby. The results from an ultrasound after 5 -6 weeks gestation are much more accurate than using hCG numbers.
- An hCG level of less than 5mIU/ml is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25mIU/ml is considered positive for pregnancy.
- The hCG hormone is measured in milli-international units per milliliter (mIU/ml).
- A transvaginal ultrasound should be able to show at least a gestational sac once the hCG levels have reached between 2,000mIU/ml. Because levels can differentiate so much and conception dating can be wrong, a diagnosis should not be made by ultrasound findings until the hCG level has reached at least 2,000.
- A single hCG reading is not enough information for most diagnoses. When there is a question regarding the health of the pregnancy, multiple testings of hCG done a couple of days apart give a more accurate assessment of the situation.
- The hCG levels should not be used to date a pregnancy, since these numbers can vary so widely.
- There are two common types of hCG tests. A qualitativehCG test detects if hCG is present in the blood. A quantitative hCG test (or beta hCG) measures the amount of hCG actually present in the blood.
- Guideline To HCG Levels During Pregnancy
hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age):
- 3 weeks LMP: 5-50 mIU/ml
- 4 weeks LMP: 5-426 mIU/ml
- 5 weeks LMP: 18-7,340 mIU/ml
- 6 weeks LMP: 1,080-56,500 mIU/ml
- 7-8 weeks LMP: 7, 650-229,000 mIU/ml
- 9-12 weeks LMP: 25,700-288,000 mIU/ml
- 13-16 weeks LMP: 13,300-254,000 mIU/ml
- 17-24 weeks LMP: 4,060-165,400 mIU/ml
- 25-40 weeks LMP: 3,640-117,000 mIU/ml
* These numbers are just a guideline, every woman's level of hCG can rise differently. It is not necessarily the level that matters, but rather the change in the level.
What Can A Low HCG Level Mean?
A low hCG level can mean any number of things and should be rechecked within 48-72 hours to see how the level is changing.
A low hCG level can indicate:
- Miscalculation of pregnancy dating
- Possible miscarriage or blighted ovum
- Ectopic pregnancy
What Can A High HCG Level Mean?
A high level of hCG can also mean a number of things and should be rechecked within 48-72 hours to evaluate changes in the level.
A high hCG level can indicate:
- Miscalculation of pregnancy dating
- Molar pregnancy
- Multiple pregnancy
I got copper inserted on Aug 2015. While doing that doctor said for a pap smear test as she observed some lesion in the cervix. The report was normal But after getting copper t, every month before the period starts in full flow I get slight bleeding for 4-5 days. Also some times in between the periods also I get bleeding. Is it cancer or something else.
Diet for Sexual health:
This forum is dedicated to providing you with the best knowledge when it comes to home remedies and natural foods that enhance and improve your sexual health. We told you about a daily routine for sexual health and here we will discuss the diet for sexual health. A good diet for sexual health is similar to a healthy diet as it has a lot of fruits and vegetables and foods covering a variety of different nutrients.
Fruits and Vegetables:
It is important that you include raw fruits and vegetables in your diet. Cooking takes away a lot of the nutrition of the food so it is important that you consume them uncooked to have the maximum benefits. Onions are great to give your body a testosterone boost and using sliced onions as a topping for your food is a good option. Garlic can also be consumed in this manner. Cucumber can also be added to the diet as part of a side course to every meal. Fruits are also important and have a number of important vitamins that help improve sexual health.
Oatmeal and nuts:
Oatmeal can be used for breakfast and it not only increases the testosterone but also has L-arginine that helps reduce blood vessel stiffness and clogging. You can add a topping of nuts to your bowl of oatmeal as these nuts control the bad cholesterol in the body which is important for sex organs to function properly. Nuts can also be consumed as a snack.
Fish is an important protein and has shown to help the functioning of the heart which is imperative for optimum sexual health. Fish contains omega 3 fatty acids that help increase the dopamine levels in the body which triggers arousal.
It is important to have a balanced diet so that you can enjoy not only great health but also optimal sexual health. You should also avoid smoking and drinking as they are major factors in health problems.