Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Thomas Mj
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Thomas MjYour feedback matters!
I have stomach ulcers what should I do. Dr. said don't eat anything like curd, fruits, milk, and even cool drinks also..
My body is not growing as I think I take a lot of stress, how to overcome from stress, so that I do work and study peacefully.
Dear, sir, I am using some antidepressants at night for anxiety problem for 3years continue. Now 40% I suffered. So I have to use. But the problem is now for health. Now my health is not good. Nd m not fit. Now I am too thin. No glamour on face. No healthy eyes. Black circle happened around eyes. Huge acidity problem after eating any food. M now very worry about that. Those antidepressant medicines I have to use. I know. Please suggest medicines or supplements or good remedies to be healthy, fit body, Glamour's face, eyes. Please tell any ideas.
Just walked 5 km today in high sunlight without any umbrella and now body is paining a lot is a night sleep will recover this body pain.
I've a doubt that my father is suffering from schizophrenia. He's more self-centered then before. Got hyper, panic, and aggressive in any little argument.
My lady relative 43 years age. She is taking tension of small small things & screaming everybody. She feel dizzy also. Sometime she became violent also. So, please suggest me proper medicines & give me other solutions to keep her mind calm.
One of the unique forms of depression is the Seasonal affective disorder which is characterized by the onset of depression with the start of the winter months and a full remission during spring time. Seasonal affective disorder is a form of depression that affects about 1 in 20 people around the world on average. One of the common therapies used to treat this disorder is light therapy.
What is light therapy?
Light therapy is the controlled exposure to specific amounts of bright light on a daily basis as a medicinal tool to correct depression and other mental disorders. It has been noticed that the lack of exposure to lights may trigger certain mental disorders within patients and controlled exposure to bright light over a stipulated period of time every day may be able to correct this effectively.
How it works?
Brightness within the daily world is usually measured with the unit of lux. For all types of artificial lights, the measure of luminosity is estimated via this unit. Human beings have an automatic trigger where low light levels for continued periods may cause depression. A clear sunny day outdoors will have a measurement of 10,000 lux and this is the recommended dosage for exposure for people suffering from depression.
It has been seen in studies that people with severe forms of Seasonal Affective disorder responded well to this therapy. They were treated 30 minutes daily with light exposure and over time the study showed that it significantly improved the moods of the people.
Some of the reasons why light therapy proves to be an effective treatment option for SAD include:
- It resets the circadian rhythm - Controlled exposure to light will trigger the hormones that control the circadian rhythms or the daily rhythms of sleeping and walking cycles and thus will help reduce depression.
- It triggers neurotransmitter function - Light exposure triggers certain neurotransmitter functions which work like an antidepressant and thus relieves stress or other internal functions that may cause depression.
- Results in an increase in serotonin levels - This hormone is very important for mood elevation and is known to rise with increased light levels and decrease with low light levels. Controlled exposure can definitely help improve serotonin levels for lessening depression symptoms.
Related Tip: Do People Really Suffer from Mood Disorders?
I am of 57 years and my wife is 49 years of age. Our elder son age 30 is married and younger son 23 years is studying. Since 15 years my wife has lost interest in sex and I am leading a very disturbed life due to her indifferent attitude towards sex. I have become panicky and hyper tensed which is causing hardships to my life. She does not understand this problem. I at times think of going to other ladies but till date I have stopped myself. Please advice me.
When my friend coughing some amount blood is spitting out. Also he is a smoker daily 1 pack he used to smoke. Is this a serious problem.
I have a problem of taking decision, I cannot take decision, I am not confident on what I think or what I know, have a phobia of being wrong, I don't have confident on my self.
Dear sir You found my diseases as social anxiety disorder but wt time taken to become normal position and how much treatment cost please need approximatelyThank you.
Hello I am 22 year old guy from india, I am smoking from 4 years, my right tonsil is swollen and I was feeling pain, I took some antibiotics after consulting a doctor, now there is no pain, but its still swollen, please reply if its cancer ?
Sir I am jayanta. I have been suffering a fever since last two week. My mind is totally hang. Every day some depression comes in my mind. Please help your.
I am suffering from depression, I get angry on little things, keep crying all the night without reason, When I get angry I feel irritated and even sometimes I slap and scratch myself for controlling my anger and irritation. People don't feel comfortable with this strange behaviour of mine. What is the cause of this. Please help me!
Hello doctor my question is muje bat bat pe gussa aa jata iska reason kya ho sakta hai actually mere relationship me problems chal rahe hai kya ye reason ke wajah se aise ho raha hai pls tell me how to control anger what should I do?
A panic attack is a sudden fit of anxiety or fear. In this situation, a person’s heart starts pounding and they are unable to breathe. Sometimes, they may even feel like throwing up or even dying. It may even make a person withdraw from their daily routine and reach a point of hopelessness. If left untreated, these panic attacks can lead to a panic disorder. These attacks can have more physical symptoms including shaking, nausea, dry mouth, sweating or dizziness.
There are certain medications and treatments to cure this disorder. These include antidepressants and benzodiazepines, which are anti-anxiety medications. Taking them brings rapid relief, however; these are highly addictive and can have certain withdrawal symptoms. To avoid medications, there are certain self-help tips to cope with the problem. These include:
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and caffeine. These are substances that can provoke your panic attacks.
- Learn how to control your breathing while you are experiencing an attack. Deep breathing can relieve the symptoms that come with this disorder. This can help you calm down.
- Practice relaxation techniques such as yoga and meditation. These strengthen the body’s ability to respond to situations that can cause anxiety. Not only do they release stress but they also increase the feelings of joy and happiness.
- Try to exercise regularly. It is a natural anxiety reliever. Therefore, one should exercise in any form, for at least thirty minutes a day.
- You should try to get as much sleep as possible. Insufficient amounts of sleep can make the anxiety even worse. Dancing, swimming or cycling can be highly effective.
- Try not to stay alone. Anxiety levels and the chances of a panic attack are high when you are alone. If you feel that you do not have anyone to go to or turn to, try to explore ways to meet and build supportive relationships.
- Go to a therapist or a psychologist to vent out your feelings and anxieties. This can help you by giving you a cathartic release and get over your pent up emotions.
If someone is suffering from a panic disorder, make sure that you do not let it go unnoticed because people who suffer from this condition usually like to keep it to themselves. This smothers them even further and leaves them at a great risk and vulnerability. Those who have this condition should try to seek medical or psychological help in order to feel better.
Panic disorders are very dangerous and unpredictable. These can mess with your work and performance. In order to avoid that, keep noticing the signs and symptoms and reach for the correct type of medical or clinical attention. Ignoring such a condition can hamper your future and lead to a lot of other allied health problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.