Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Therapy SlotsYour feedback matters!
Sir to my mom there was some pain comes in back bone since 10 years but all type of treatment was over but now also still pain is there tll any salutation please sir.
I have white air problem please tell me the solution for growing the black hair as soon as possible. Thanking you.
Hi I am going through anxiety issues nd its getting worst now. Right now I can not consult a doctor personally since I have my exams starting day after tomorrow. I am getting black outs like I suddenly start shivering, sweating and crying without any reason. Can you please tell me any anxiety pill which I can take if I get any anxiety attack during exam which will not make me sleepy or disturb my concentration. Please help if this will spoil my exam I will be in a big trouble. It is very important for me.
I am 21, my height is 165 cm only. I want 15 more cms. Can anything help me now to Increase height. Any suggestions or medicines?
I am facing dark skin issue. I have a black patch on my face. It was not so few years back. I desperately want to remove that. What should I do? Can you. Please suggest something.
What to do when you have stomach pain during the time of mensuration and what precautions to be taken?
I am suffering from pcod and a thyroid patient having irregular periods and no conception also is suffering from weight gain and hirsutism please help with the meds.
I am a pure vegetarian. What I can keep in my diet to reduce wrinkles and scar marks on my face, which is due to acne.
I am suffering from Diabetic since last 2 years, till date not taken any English medicines, Neem Karela juice , Pranayam.
If you want a healthy set of teeth, you must follow healthy lifestyle habits. There are certain habits that you need to follow strictly in order to keep your teeth healthy. Not maintaining proper oral hygiene puts you are at an increased risk of various oral diseases.
The lifestyle habits to maintain healthy teeth are:
- Brush regularly: Brush your teeth at least twice a day or if possible, after every major meal. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles so that you don't injure your gums.
- Flossing: Develop the habit of flossing your teeth on a daily basis, as flossing helps in removing food particles and other foreign substances stuck within the teeth cavity. It also does not allow plaque to accumulate in between your teeth.
- Avoid sugar: Eating foods that contain high amounts of sugar can lead to tooth decay. The bad bacteria that are present in the teeth use the sugar to form acids that erode the enamel of the teeth. Cavities may also develop in your teeth due to increased sugar intake. (Learn more Why You Should Stay Away From Sugar?)
- Visit the dentist: Most people delay their visits with the dentist as much as possible. Oral problems are not shown the level of urgency as compared to other diseases. Visit the dentist on a regular basis as untreated underlying conditions may lead to serious complications.
- Clean your tongue: Once you finish brushing your teeth, don't forget to clean your tongue. This is another aspect of oral health that most people miss out on. Bacteria can accumulate on the tongue leading to bad odor. Scrape your tongue using a cleaner to prevent accumulation of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, then it is time that you quit. Smoking increases the risk of oral cancer and stains the teeth as well. You may also be prone to gum disease if you cannot ditch that cigarette now.
- Diet: Avoid eating junk foods as they are not good for your overall health. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits as they contain vitamins and minerals that keep your teeth healthy.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress levels can contribute to various periodontal diseases. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation to keep your stress levels under control.
Treatment for PCOS is not curative. Treatment focuses on controlling symptoms and managing the condition to prevent complications. The treatment will vary from woman to woman, depending on specific symptoms.
A healthy diet and regular exercise are recommended for all women with PCOS, particularly those who are overweight. This can help to regulate your menstrual cycle and lower your blood glucose levels.
Women who don't want to become pregnant may be prescribed birth control pills. These can help treat acne, regulate the menstrual cycle, and lower levels of male hormones, such as testosterone, in the body. If a woman with PCOS is suffering from infertility, fertility drugs may be administered for helping her to ovulate.
Anti-androgens are drugs that reduce male hormone levels. These can help stop excess hair growth and reduce acne. Diabetes medications may also be prescribed to lower blood glucose and testosterone levels.
Surgery may be recommended for some women with PCOS. Ovarian drilling is a procedure in which the doctor punctures patient's ovary with a small needle that carries an electric current, in order to destroy part of the ovary. This is a short-term solution that can promote ovulation and reduce male hormone levels.
Potential Complications of PCOS?
Women with PCOS have a higher risk of developing:
- hypertension (high blood pressure)
- high cholesterol
- anxiety and depression
- sleep apnea (when a person stops breathing periodically during sleep)
- endometrial cancer (cancer caused by thickening of the lining of the uterus)
- heart attack
- breast cancer
If you become pregnant, your doctor may refer you to a doctor who specializes in high-risk pregnancies. Women with PCOS have a higher rate of miscarriage, gestational diabetes, and premature delivery. They may also require extra monitoring during pregnancy.
The earlier the PCOS is diagnosed and treated, the lower is the risk of developing these complications. Avoidance of tobacco products and participating in regular exercise can also reduce the risk of some of these co-morbidities. The patients must talk to the Gynae about what PCOS means for your overall health and how you can prevent serious complications.
My husband is an diabetics patience he can drink milk at night before sleep and he also suffering with bloodpressure as well as cholesterol problem.
Can anyone tell me how to do kegel exercise correctly? How much I should hold, relax and the correct postures of kegel exercise, I am male suffering from urine incontinence and weak erections?
I am 24 years old female and I am not getting my periods of this month, its been 20 days more than my due date. I have checked my pregnancy test two times and its negative. I do not think that I am pregnant but my date is not coming, I do not know what to do please help.
I have just recovered from major fever of chikungunya, however I am fine now, I still have intense bone pain and joints pain, and it is particularly intense during morning. Can you please recommend any diet or medication or supplements that can help me?
Knee replacement is a procedure where the weight-carrying surfaces of knee joint are replaced surgically to ease the pain or any disability. People suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis undergo knee replacement. All these conditions revolve around stiffness and painful knee. This surgery is usually performed on people aged over 50.
Knee replacement is mainly of two main types:
- Total knee replacement where both the sides of knee joints are replaced
- Partial knee replacement where only single side of the joint is replaced
Procedure: In case of partial knee replacement with minimal invasion, a smaller incision, which is 3 to 5 inches, is required. This leads to minimal tissue damage and the surgeon can work between the fibres of the quadriceps muscles. Here, an incision through the tendon is not required. This may result in less pain, recovery time is reduced, and motion is better as scar tissue formation is less.
In total knee replacement, four steps are performed:
- Removal of damaged cartilage surfaces, which is at the ends of the femur and tibia, with a small quantity of underlying bone.
- Replacement with metal components, which help as a recreated surface of the joint
- Incision of knee cap with a resurface made of a plastic button, which is optional based on the case
- Insertion of a medical grade plastic spacer amid the metal components. This creates an effortless gliding surface.
After general or spinal anaesthesia, an incision of 8-12 inches is made in the front part of the knee. Joint part which is damaged is removed from the surface of the bones. The surfaces are then formed in a way to hold a metal or plastic artificial joint. The thigh bone shin as well as knee cap is attached to the artificial joint with either cement or a special material.
After Effects of the Procedure: After the surgery, patients may stay in a hospital for three to five days. Post surgery, notable improvement can be seen after a month or later. The patient is gradually relieved from pain with the construction of new gliding surface during surgery.
There will be slow progress in the movement. In the beginning, one may walk with a support of parallel bars and then with the help of crutches, walker, or cane. After full recovery in about six weeks, people can enjoy normal activities except running or jumping.
Presently, over 90% of total knee replacements function well even after 15 years of surgery. Hence, knee problem is no problem at all!