Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Concentration problems and trouble in focusing on one task at a time can be termed as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD, in rare and severe cases. While most of the cases are identified in one's childhood, it has been seen that many cases persist into adulthood while still others go completely undiagnosed. This mental health disorder comes with a number of symptoms and management methods. Read on to know more.
- Symptoms: While many patients suffering from this disorder may not display any obvious symptoms at a young age as children are supposed to be brimming with energy, the symptoms for adult ADHD, start to show up in a more obvious fashion. Wavering concentration and low levels of focus along with disorganised living with impulsiveness are the first signs of adult ADHD. Such adults also have trouble when it comes to finishing one task at a time, or even focusing on a task for a prolonged period of time. Bouts of impatience and excessive activity can also show up as symptoms, while restlessness is a quality that most of these patients seem to possess.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of this condition is slightly difficult because most adults may complain of some or the other symptoms related to this condition at some point in their lives. Anxiety and mood swing related symptoms can help in diagnosing the condition in a better manner. If the condition ends up disrupting your normal life, work, socialising and behaviour in general, then you may want to see a doctor regarding the same, so that proper diagnosis may take place.
- Causes: While genetic predisposition is said to be the foremost cause of this condition, especially when it continues well into adulthood, there are various environmental factors that may also have a significant bearing on the onset of the condition. Exposure as a child increases the risk of falling prey to this condition. Also, when there are problems with the central nervous system during the developing years, the patient may start to develop symptoms connected with this disorder later on.
- Treatment: Stimulants and other medication like anti-depressants, nonstimulant amphetamine are also used for treating this condition along with therapy and psychological counselling for better organisation in life.
My son 4.5 month. I have 2 questions mentioned below. 1. If I want to start bottle feed which milk is best for my baby. 2. Whether I can start my son any mashable things to eat if yes then please guide on some healthy diet or from which dish can start.
If your toddler talks to you in gibberish what do you do? Experts tell us that you should act as if you understand what your child is speaking. It will encourage him to speak and he will pick up the mother?s tongue faster.
Parents? response to children?s activities makes a world of difference to their growth. If you indulge in a conversation with your toddler, he will feel encouraged to talk. Never mind if you can?t make out his blabbering. Words don?t matter, your attention does! Show interest and talk to your kid. Just wait and watch how quickly your baby picks up language skills!
My son is 7 years old. He is suffering from recurring tonsillitis from the last 3 years. He is having a fever after every 15 days. I have got his CBC test reports his Hg is 11.6, TLC is 3200, ESR 50, RBC 4.45, HCt 32.7, MCV 73.5, MCH 26.1, MCHC 35.5, RDW 15.4, platelet 217000, MPV 7.6 kindly advice what to do? is his blood reports are normal? is he require any special medication? pls. advice.
My baby is suffering with constipation please advise me what is the best solution for it. Her age is 20 months. We have consulted doctor's many times but no use.
Hi, I have 2 month male baby he have single testicle so is it any problem to his future? please suggest.
My daughter of 3 1/2 years has the adamant character for her needs. She is easily getting angry and throwing the objects whatever she gets. Now she is going to nursery. I don't know how to overcome this problem from her. What is the psychological problem behind her. And how I have to behave with her. I like my daughter to be lovable one. Please help me doctors.
Does your baby’s skin taste too salty when you kiss him or her? Did he or she not poop after being born? These symptoms indicate cystic fibrosis in your baby, which is a condition that changes the way your body makes sweat and mucus. It also affects the functioning of the lungs and digestive system. The condition occurs from a flawed gene. If you have cystic fibroids, your mucus may be too thick or your sweat can be too salty. Heavy mucus clogging in your lungs may affect your ease of breathing. This is a serious and life-threatening disease, but it affects different people in different ways.
The gene known as CFTR is present in everybody. It makes a protein which controls the amount of salt and water that are moved in and out of the cells of the body. In case of cystic fibroids, the CTFR gene is broken, which occurs if you inherit two bad copies of the gene. A bad CFTR gene may lead your cells to make the wrong amount of water or salt. This makes the body incapable of getting sufficient oxygen and nutrients, as the body loses them via sweating.
Apart from the primary symptoms, several other symptoms are also likely due to cystic fibroids. The common symptoms which your child may experience are as follows:
- Coughing up thick mucus, wheezing and shortness of breath
- Sinus infections, pneumonia, or very frequent bronchitis
- Development of polyps in the nose
- Bulky, oily and foul-smelling stool
- Low bone density, widening and rounding of the fingertips and weight loss
- In later life, cystic fibroids may cause liver disease, gallstones or pancreatitis.
There is no specific treatment for cystic fibroids. Several treatments are followed for relieving the symptoms and help patients feel better, breathe easier and have lesser infections or stomach problems.
- Airway clearance technique can help you with breathing as the mucus from the lungs is cleared in the process. There are several ways to undertake airway clearance and special devices can be used for assistance.
- Several inhaled drugs such as salt solutions, steroids and antibiotics are used in thinning the mucus, clearing the lungs and fighting infections.
- Several medicines are used for fighting the inflammation and reducing swelling in the lungs.
- In case your pancreas are not working properly, you can take enzyme pills for digesting proteins and fats for absorbing more nutrients from the food you take.
- Vitamin A, E and D supplements provide the nutrients, which your intestine cannot absorb.
In case you experience the symptoms of cystic fibroids, you should consult a doctor immediately. This will allow you to go for an early diagnosis and effective treatment.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
I have blessed with son who is now 5 months completed. He was born with forceps delivery. So his one side shoulder was not aligned properly. He is having some nerve twisting one side of the shoulder. I think. But his hands are moving to good extent compared to beginning but not 100% as of now. I have consulted a doctor and they it will heal on its own if not we can see after 3 years. I just need a good opinion pls advise.
My 2.5 years old daughter suffering from Hydrocephalus. She treated with VP shunt at her age was 9 Months. But Now her head size is still bigger than normal. & Still She cannot sit herself properly & cannot stand. Her intelligency is also poor. So, Please suggest me what can I do for her for his best recovery.
In medical terms it is also called as nocturnal enuresis. Bed wetting is involuntary urination in children while asleep.
It's more than twice as prevalent in boys as it is in girls and more likely if parents suffered from bed wetting when young. 44% of parents of children who wet the bed reported that their child had (lack of energy, reduced attention span, low-self esteem, depression).
Visit or search for ssohm on internet for more tips and information on various diseases.