Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tekur S PYour feedback matters!
Hello My son is having diarrhea from past 3 days. He is passing more than 20 stools in a day. Earlier the color was black now it is greenish with mucous. We have consulted a homeopathy doctor and she has prescribed aloes200. Podo 200 and merc cor. For dysentery. Is it the correct medication since we are taking this from 3 days. He had fever also of 103 degree which has now reduced to 98.6. Only the frequency of stools has not reduced. We are confused if we should take him to allopathy for immediate relief or will it heal through homeopathic treatment.
Hii my son is 23 months old. He is 11 kgs now. He not at all eating food. He always asks for milk. Except milk he is not eating anything. We consulted doctor for this and he said there is no medicine to make him hungry. Need to try giving him food. What should I do to make him hungry and eat food. Please suggest im much worried.
My baby is 5 months old and passes urine 2 to 3 times within half an hour and 15 to 20 times a day. What could be the problem and what should I do about it? Please help me.
My baby has thalassemia trait she is 7 months old now my question is in future any Risk of thalassemia disease of my baby.
Doctor baby aged 10 days. Baby is suffering from jaundice. How many days it takes to cure. Is photothreapy required for the baby? If photothreapy not done what will happen to the baby. Baby is normal. It drinks milk, passes urine and motion regularly. And how to know the jaundice becoming low. Please guide me.
Hi, I am having a query about my daughter. She is 8 months old. She don't eat anything if I force her she cries a lot and vomit it out. She only do breast feeding. What should I do? Feeling confused.
I have a baby new born. What precaution should I take till 6 month For her bathing and breeding. She also has a pimples little little.
My 4 months old daughter is crying every day and night with only few hours of rest. Please suggest the remedy for this cause.
My child who is 6 year low. He is still dispose his urine on bed. Please suggest how can we stop it.
My baby 5 months old had got bubbles like heat bubbles on his face, is it due to heat or any allergies.
I have 4 months old daughter. It looks like like her one leg is shorter than the other. Is there any problem with this? what happens if one leg is shorter than other?
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.