Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tejashwini
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. TejashwiniYour feedback matters!
HI I m 23 Year old and I m depressed and I can not concentrate on other stuff. What should I do. Please suggest me any treatment.
I was in Army now I am retired. I have back pain from last 2 yrs. It very serve in the morning when I woke up.
Bariatric surgery is a procedure that involves modifications to the digestive system so that the food intake can be restricted or the nutrients absorbed by the body is reduced. This surgery is recommended when exercise and diet may not cause the desired results with weight loss. Bariatric surgery is a group of surgeries that are procedure to reduce weight in the body.
The various types of surgeries that come under this category are:
- Gastric bypass: The most common bariatric surgery, gastric bypass is a procedure used to reduce the size of the stomach pouch in the body. Once the size is reduced, it leads to reduced consumption of calories. This procedure also causes alterations in the behavior of the gut hormones resulting in appetite reduction.
- Adjustable gastric band: This procedure involves placing an inflatable band around the upper stomach to make a small stomach area above the band. This causes one to feel full just after eating a small amount of food.
- Sleeve gastrectomy: In this procedure, almost 80% of the stomach area is removed surgically, resulting in a small stomach pouch being left. It reduces the stomach size, which cause an overall reduction in the amount of calories. Modifications also occur in the behavior of the gut bacteria linked with reduced appetite.
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch: This procedure involves surgical removal of a large area of the stomach along with bypassing a major portion of the smaller intestine. This procedure may reduce fat absorption of up to 70%. The behavior of the gut hormones change resulting in a decrease in appetite and improved satiety.
Various complications may result from this surgery such as -
- May cause infections in the body
- Clots may form in the blood
- It can result in bowel problems
- Ulcers can form in the stomach