Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Teja Shetty N
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Teja Shetty NYour feedback matters!
"Common mistakes People Do in Dental Care "
1. Regular Check-ups: Check-up is utmost important part of dental treatment , even if you do not find any usual finding in your mouth you have to go for annual check -ups to your Dentist.It is mandatory to take preventive measure before hand .So ,from next time do not wait for caries pain,sensitivity develop in your teeth ,just visit to your dentist for a general check up.
2. Follow ups: Follow up is always mandatory in between and after your treatment .Whatever is the treatment ,it is necessary to visit to a doctor if he/she mention that you have to come for follow up.Specialy after your surgery, extraction(teeth removal),Root canal etc .You find everything is done ,treatment is over and didn’t find time to visit again to your dentist ,but you have to understand this that any healing will take time and it is a normal biological process. So from next time ,don’t miss appointments and a follow up after your treatment too.
3. Self Medication: Strict No-No .I have seen lot of people that they take medicine on their own ,without seeing a dentist /physician .See, every drug has side effects ,if you are taking for a longer time without asking to your doctor .Even if you had old prescription of a doctor ,don’t take any medicine without consulting to your Dentist/Physician. So next time ,if you find anything abnormal or find pain ,swelling in your teeth ,just consult your Dentist as soon as possible .
4. Proper Tooth Brushing: For proper dental care, be sure to brush gently two or three times per day each for two to three minutes, using long, horizontally angled strokes. Waiting too long between tooth brushing can cause harmful bacteria and plaque to develop. However, do not brush too often, which can lead to exposure of the roots, or brush too aggressively, which can cause erosion of the tooth enamel.Discard your toothbrush every 3 months or else if its bristles torn out.
Not using the correct tooth brushing technique is another common dental care mistake. According to family dentistry experts, the best technique is the thorough brushing of every tooth. Thoroughly brushing the inner surfaces of the teeth is important, but many skip that step, which can cause issues to show up at the next visit to their family dentistry office.
5. A Dental Floss and a Antiseptic Mouthwash: Also a necessary additionally with the two times brushing. Food accumulates in between teeth and a major cause too for developing dental caries in between two teeth and also it inflamed your gums and sometimes lead to pockets and Gingival and Periodontal problems .So for a healthy teeth and gums ,use a dental floss/interdental brushes to keep the area clean in between teeth and gargle with the mouthwash once daily before bedtime .
6. Chomping on Tooth Destroyers: A lot of food items and beverages may cause destructions of enamel of your teeth if you are addicted to them .Don’t brush just after having an acidic beverages ,wait for some time than brush your teeth as it will cause more destruction of enamel of your teeth. Everyone has" sweet tooth "so watch your portion of sweets and candies you are taking on daily basis ,it is advisable not to have these items (choclates,chips,candies,soda,cola etc ) on daily basis .So restrict them or if not possible for children ,than give them only in one day in a week (Sundays)
7. Eat vegetables and fruits: Lots of vitamin is needed for your health of your teeth and gums ,so make sure the green vegetables and fruits are in part of your daily diet.Drink atleast 4-5 litres water per day.
8. Any Unusual Habits like Tobacoo use: Along with all of the other health care issues caused by tobacco, smoking or using other tobacco products can also increase your chances of developing gum disease and experiencing rapid bone loss around your teeth.
9. Tooth trauma: Clenching teeth, chewing ice, or gnawing on pencils can put excess pressure on your teeth and wear away tooth enamel. If you grind your teeth unconsciously – especially at night, your dentist can create a customized mouth guard for you to wear at night. In addition, you should wear a mouth guard when playing contact sports to lessen your risk of broken or cracked teeth if you experience a severe blow to your face, and also when swimming to decrease your teeth’s exposure to chlorine, which can erode and stain tooth enamel.
10. Lack of Vitamin C: Vitamin C is important for the health of your gum tissue and should be consumed daily. People who consume less that 180 g daily are 25% more likely to develop gum disease.
Lack of calcium – Calcium is known for its ability to strengthen bones. In fact, people who consume at least 800 mg a day are less likely to develop severe gum disease. While calcium can be found in foods like cheese, yogurt, and milk, you should still consider calcium supplements to help strengthen your teeth and bones.
My wife is experiencing severe tooth pain. She's now pregnant and going doctor asked her not to take any tablet. But she's not able to bear the pain. What shall we do.
Hello doctor I have a problem of bleeding from my teeth every morning what should a do? Please suggest me.
My teeth are very yellow, it is very disgusting when I smile or laugh, can anyone give me some home remedies for it?
I brush 2 times per day , and I am using mouth wash, but still the problem bad smell from mouth remains , what is the reason for that?
Hello sir, I am 45 years old male and I have got mouth ulcer from last 40 days. Itrurd vit 12 and b complex tab but no relief. What could be the solutions.
I got 3 fillings in my teeth around 2 months ago. They were silver fillings. But I still have bitter and metallic taste in my mouth from last 2 months. Whenever my tongue touches my gums and tooth area, there is horrible taste. I have checked my fever and other problems .there are no other health issues. Should I get my fillings replaced? I also got a tooth extracted. The reason being this taste is silver fillings or the dental anaesthesia which was used to extract tooth? Really very horrible taste. Pls let me know what should I do?
My age 24 I have one baby teeth till now but it is looking weak what should I do now can I replace with artificial teeth?
What happens when you have a cavity?
When tooth decay is limited there is no pain. All decay starts on the enamel. Sealants can be applied to reduce the acid attack on the teeth. If detected early, these can be very well managed by removing the decayed portion and filling it with tooth-colored composite resin restorations.Remember that even at a relatively late stage, when the tooth is broken / decayed badly it can built back to its original form.
Glass Ionomer Cement: This is used for small restorations, especially in primary or milk teeth in children, mostly for economic reasons.
Composites: Composite resins attach themselves to the tooth by a chemical reaction. The biggest advantage is that they can be made to match the tooth with the appropriate shade.
Dental Pain occurs when the complex supply of blood vessels and nerves (the Pulp) is affected by bacteria as they burrow into the tooth layers (Enamel and Dentin), along with their noxious by-products and acid. The deeper the decay enters, higher the chances of infection and increasing intensity of pain.
What happens when you have a root canal?
Severe excruciating pain is experienced, when decay reaches the pulp is usually with a set of aggravating factors either hot and / or cold. Root canal therapy is required to save the tooth.
Root Canal: In root canal treatment, basically the tooth is treated for the infection and all the diseased tissue of the tooth is removed and filled. With good treatment the pain should disappear in a few days. Remember that root canal can be done in single sitting and when done with adequate local anaesthesia (injection) they are pretty much pain free!
Usually a cap is required on the tooth. Ceramic Crowns or caps are being made of ceramic material more often; gradually it is becoming the most preferred option since this looks and feels very natural.