Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. TasneemYour feedback matters!
I can not see clearly after 10 meter but I didt wear spex and I want come out this problem as soon as possible.
Hi I am 25 years old I am having eye sight of 1, 5 for both eyes I want to take lazer treatment can you suggest how please.
My left eye is retina problem due to unclear vision and right eye is trend of glucoma. So what is the future of that? Many test, photo, doctors crossed over.
I have red eyes last three weeks what should I do please give any suggestions and also headache but not fully.
Dear Doctor, I am 49, Male, Diabetic but always remains normal, now a days feeling my head and eyes too much warm and hot after having worked on computer for two hours. Kindly provide me some good suggestion and advice. Thanks Zulfiqar.
Some time i get headache and becomes a spot over eyes and will not able to see for few minutes? Give me good suggestion sir please!
I am 20 year old and have night blindness by birth and nystagmus. I want to know weather there is a treatment for these diseases are available in India.
10 surprising facts about your eyes
You never tend to pay a lot of attention to your eyes unless they are affected by some serious disorder or unless your vision is disrupted. But did you know that your eyes are capable of doing much more than you can imagine? here are 10 surprising facts about your eyes you didn't know about.
1. How intricate!
Your eyes take more than 2 million working parts to function. No wonder your eyes are the second most complex organ of your body after your brain.
2. A lot depends on them
As much as 80% of your memories are determined by what you see. Also, 80% of what you learn is because of your eyes.
3. Retina and security
The iris of your eyes has approximately 256 unique characteristics, which is more than even your fingerprints. This is the reason why retina scans are used so widely today for security purposes.
4. It's a colourful world
Your eyes can distinguish between approximately 10 million different colours. And women with a particular kind of genetic mutation can see millions of more colours.
The retina of your eyes receives the vision of the outside world as upside down. It is your brain, which flips the image for you so that you can see the world as it is.
6. Sunscreen for the eyes?
It is possible for your eyes to get sunburnt. Therefore, it is advisable for you to wear sunglasses in order to protect your eyes from the ultraviolet radiations.
The eye muscle is the muscle that reacts at the fastest rate out of all the other muscles in your body. It can contract in less than even 1/100th of a second.
8. Paint it red?
The retina of your eyes cannot detect the red colour. The retinas do have green, red and blue receptors, but the red receptor can detect only the colour yellow-green and the green one can recognise blue-green. It is your brain that combines these signals to give you the impression of the colour red.
9. Dreams and sight
Even if you become blind later in life, you can see images in your dreams if you were born with sight.
10. We are blink-eyed peas
You blink approximately 17 times every minute. That makes it 5.2 million times in a year.
My eyes are paining day by day. I haven't consulted any doctors yet, I have been using some eye drop, but couldn't get relief, So what do I do now?
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I have shortsightedness. I am having regular checkups for every 6 months. But for every time their is an increase in my sight. How can I control my problem. Can you please intimate me some homely tips also.
I am working as a computer operator since 10 yrs. Today I have feel pain in my neckside. What can I do for the same?
Most of us take our eyes for granted. It has been often noticed that an individual splurges on expensive sunglasses for looking smarter. But, when it comes to the health of eyes, he or she is either ignorant or simply reluctant to do anything. This tendency is bad for the health of your precious eyes.
Remember, how you use them to stare at the screens of your gadgets all day long. Take out some time from your busy schedule and take care of your eyes. They are precious and vulnerable too.
Follow the tips below to keep your eyesight intact till your dying day:
- Eat right for a good vision: It is very important to provide the right and sufficient amounts of nutrients to your body for developing or maintaining a good eye sight. Include nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E in your regular diet to boost your eyesight. Food items like green and leafy vegetables, salmon, tuna, and other oily fish, eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources, oranges and other citrus fruits or juices and oysters and pork are excellent for the eye. The intake of a balanced diet keeps you away from diabetes, which causes blindness.
- Give up smoking: Cigarettes or other tobacco products are bad for your eyes. They make your eyes more vulnerable to diseases like cataracts, optic nerve damage, and macular degeneration.
- Guard your eyes from sunlight: It has been found that long exposure to sunlight leads to damage of the eyeballs. This happens as the UV rays in sunlight have an adverse impact on our eyes. You must put on sunglasses when you are outdoors for a longer period. You must choose sunglasses which give you 90 to 100 percent protection against sunlight. UV rays can cause cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Avoid the screen: It is advisable to not spend long hours sitting in front of the computer screen or TV. Take breaks while working on the computer. Also, remember blinking your eyes while staring at the screen to avoid drying up of the eyes. Blinking increases tear production, keeping the eyes moist and healthy.
- Use safety devices: If you work with hazardous substances, it is advisable that you put on safety devices on your eyes for their protection.
- Hydrate your eyes: In order to have a good vision, you must hydrate your eyes by splashing water on your eyes wide open at specific intervals in a day. When you wash your face after returning from outside, don't forget to wash your eyes as well. As you splash water on the eyes, the dust particles on the surface of the eyelid, gathered from outside, gets washed away. f you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.