Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tasneem
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. TasneemYour feedback matters!
Hi I have problem in my eyes can you help to leave my sun glasses bcoz I can not see close up things.
The surgical procedure to correct the appearance of eyelids is called blepharoplasty. The correction is done by removing extra skin, fat and muscle that make the eyelids droop.
Eyelids start drooping when the muscles supporting your eyelids weaken as you grow older. Excess fat accumulates below and above your eyelids as a result, which leads to eye bags and droopy eyelids.
Besides making you look older than your age, droopy eyelids can also affect your vision. Blepharoplasty can improve your vision and give your eyes a polished look at the same time. Some other benefits include:
Excess deposits of fat that make eyelids look puffy are removed with the help of blepharoplasty.
Eye bags are reduced.
Drooping eyelids which end up revealing the sclera (the white part in your eyeballs) are fixed.
Fine wrinkles and excess skin around lower eyelids are corrected.
Blepharoplasty is usually combined with procedures such as skin resurfacing, face-lift or brow-lift.
Blepharoplasty, like every other surgical procedure, has certain risks, which include—
Irritated, dry eyes
Trouble closing eyes and other associated problems
Eye muscle injury
Follow-up surgery is needed
Short-term blurry vision, or in unusual cases, loss of vision
General risks associated with surgery such as blood clots, anaesthetic reactions, cardiac and other coronary problems.
Before the surgery can be scheduled, a surgeon and ophthalmologist will be consulted to record your medical history and discuss your expectations about the surgery. Then, before the procedure can begin, the following steps will be followed:
First, you will be examined physically; your doctor will test your tear ducts and take measurements of your eyelids.
Second, your eyes will be examined and your vision will be tested.
Lastly, your doctor will take photographs of your eyes which will facilitate and guide him/her through the course of the surgery.
The effects of blepharoplasty are long-lasting and the corrections are permanent. Durable sun protection of the eyes helps in maintaining the corrections made.
Although, you can get excellent results from one surgery, sometimes you may need multiple procedures to achieve the desired look.
Sir I have eye sight problem not much more only a -4, and from last six months there is a blackish line below the eye what should I do to make my eyes healthy n below the eyes.
My eyes are going week very speedily with far sightedness what should I do to get rid of specs that I use?
I am using contact lens I have used the expired lens for a day. And I got irritation in my eye. Could you please tell me it will make any problem in my eyes?
Styes are normally caused by a proliferation of natural bacterial flora within the eye. This causes an inflammatory reaction and is known to affect children more than adults. It resembles a pimple in exterior appearance and may grow both inside and outside of the eyelid. The symptoms of styes include redness, pain, swelling and tenderness. Though the styes do not lead to any kind of visual problems, they can cause significant discomfort.
What can cause styes?
Your eyelids have lots of tiny oil glands, which can become clogged by dead skin, dirt, or oil buildup. When a gland is blocked, bacteria can grow inside. This is what causes a stye to develop.
What are the symptoms of styes?
The most common symptom of styes includes swelling of the eyelid, redness, pain, tenderness, eyelid crusts and burning in the eye. It frequently leads to a yellowish-white discharge which becomes very uncomfortable and may also continue to drain out of the eye. Doctors recommend not to press or squeeze the styes as it may lead to further complications.
You should call your doctor if:
- The child`s eye is swollen shut
- He has a severe pain
- He has a high-grade fever
- Swelling lasts for more than 20 days
- Pus continues to drain from the eye
- His eyelid bleeds
- He has problems with his vision
Homeopathic medicines for sty are safe and effective with no side effects. They play a vital role in improving the health and immune levels of the body. The recurrence of any symptoms in a body can be prevented by homeopathic medicines. These medicines are easy and comfortable for all age groups as they taste sweeter and give quicker results.
Styes tend to dry out on its own although applying homeopathic medication can aid in hastening the process of healing.
- Amalki: This homeopathic medicine aids in repairing damaged tissue which in turn aids the stye infection to dry out. It is recommended to add a teaspoon of Amalki, which is available in most homeopathic outlets, into a glass of pure water. Then the mixture must be left on its own for the whole night for at least 10 to 12 hours. The mixture should then be filtered and used for washing the affected eye.
- Heper Sulphur: Heper sulphur aids in speeding up the rupture of styes so that the pain is instantly relieved. This remedy is particularly suited for the styes that cause significantly red and swollen. It also aids in reducing the tenderness and swelling. In the case of some children, styes tend to secrete a liquid discharge and are extremely painful. Heper sulphur along with warm compress can be extremely helpful in relieving the pain.
- Pulsatilla: Some styes do not cause any pain but cause significant swelling and secrete a yellowish discharge. People affected with such type of styes can be significantly benefited by the use of homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla. It has also been found useful in preventing reoccurrence of styes.
- Staphisagria: Staphisagria is for chronic or recurrent styes that appear mainly on the upper eyelid. The eyes are very dry and have rheum. The corner of the eye and the edges of the eyelids may be chapped and infected.
It is important to keep the eye clean and flush it with cold water. If the pain and related symptoms do not go away after 3 to 4 days, it is best to consult a doctor for further treatments.