Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tara MadhavaYour feedback matters!
Registered Dietitians (RDs) are regulated health professionals who are uniquely trained and authorized by Indian Dietetic Association to advise on diet, food
and nutrition. RDs support the nutritional health of a population through health promotion, disease prevention,treatment, support and rehabilitation.
Functions of an RD:
Work individually with you to assess your nutrition needs (review your medical and diet history, blood tests, weight and weight trends, along with other physical measurements)
Design a personalized meal plan for you
Help you establish realistic goals, short term and long term
Equip you with techniques to stay on track with your nutrition plan
Provide ongoing encouragement and support in 15-30 minute sessions until your goals are met (three or more visits are recommended for best results)
Reasons to see a Registered dietitian
Blood pressure control
Womens' health (osteoporosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome)
Pregnancy (proper nutrition, management of gestational diabetes)
My gf is 3 week pregnant what will I do? I do not want to everybody know. What medicine can I give to her?
Hi I am 34 weeks pregnant and yesterday noticed that there is cavity in my teeth and deep inside. Had been to dentist and doctor took X-ray and advice me for root canal. Since there is no pain and upon extra care can I postpone it till my delivery or is it better to get it done? As am worried about the safety of anesthesia and antibiotics and also just one month to go for delivery.
Hello. Am recently been diagnosed by pcod. I got my last periods on march 10th. But from past 5 years I have irregular periods. I consulted a doctor she askd me to usg, prolactin and thyroid test. Prolactin and thyroid test was normal. Usg depicted that I have pcod. Doctor asked me wait til april 15th to c if I would get my periods on time if not she askd me to start on regestrone frm 15th of april for that I would get my periods by 25th after which fron 5th day of my periods she asked me to take ginette 35 6 cycles for 6 months. I had an intercourse with my partner on 17th april (i was on regestrone) we did use condom but he has a doubt that the sperms might have gone in. I waited for my periods til 25th but its been delayed by 12 days, to confirm if am pregnant I did hcg urine test at home the result was negative. Please assist me. Am I pregnant? What do I need to do? Am not looking forward to have a baby as of now. If am pregnant can I go for abortion.
My wife is having white discharge problem from 2 years. I have taken her to many doctors but non work. Can anyone suggest me anything.
I want to ask you in cesarean delivery what is to exactly done. Means in natural delivery baby born from vaginal tract. Then what exactly done in c. Section.
Hello doctor. My wife had undergone gastrectomy and under treatment. Is there any possibility that she can become a mother.?
The condition in which blood appears in the urine is known as hematuria. The loss of blood in this condition could be gross or microscopic depending on the cause of the condition. There are several causes why blood may appear in the urine. Whatever the cause may be, hematuria is mostly indicative of a serious medical condition.
Here are 5 reasons that cause blood to appear in the urine.
Infections like urethritis, pyelonephritis, cystitis or infection in any other body organ along the urinary tract is one of the most common causes of hematuria. Such bacterial infection in the urethra can also infect the kidneys and the urinary bladder. It results in the urge to urinate frequently and also causes blood to appear in the urine.
Another reason that can cause blood to appear in the urine is the presence of stones in the kidney or bladder. These stones are crystallized minerals that are formed in the kidney or the bladder but fail to pass through the urinary tract. They cause blockage and pain and result in hematuria.
3. An enlarged prostate
An enlarged prostate is a common cause of appearance of blood in the urine in men who are in their middle ages or older. Enlargement of the prostate gland causes the urethra to be compressed. This prevents the urethra from getting fully emptied while urination.
PKD is a kidney disorder in which cysts filled with fluid form in the kidneys and impair the kidneys, causing them to fail entirely at times. It is an inherited disease and causes blood to appear in the urine.
In children who are between 6-10 years of age, kidney disorder after streptococcal glomerulonephritis can be a possible cause of hematuria.
A cancerous kidney, bladder or prostate gland can also cause blood to appear in the urine. It is another major cause of hematuria but usually occurs in older patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Hi I had my last periods on 28 march and from last three months these extend to 5 days, I have symptoms of pregnancy but I checked today morning result was negative. I also have vaginal infection. Please suggest me what to do, was it appropriate time to check or not. From last three months m getting symptoms of pregnancy near my periods but at last periods starts after 5 days. Please suggest me.
Teenage girls usually hit puberty between 8-14 years and boys a little later at about 10- 13. This is a time of a lot of changes. Sexual maturity of the body happens along with a spurt in height. Needless to say, this special time requires special care from parents like you. Extra nourishment of the body is also required so that your teen can develop optimally.
Let’s take a quick look at how you can support your teen’s growth spurt -
Nutrition is the first block facilitating the optimal growth of teenagers. The other blocks are sleep and play.
Sleep: All teenagers need 8-9 hours of sleep every night, according to the National Sleep Foundation, America. This is because our pineal or master gland produces growth hormone during this time. And exposure to maximum quantities of growth hormone is crucial if you want your child to grow optimally and not remain stunted. Less sleep usually means less exposure to the growth hormone and less height than was written in your child’s DNA. However, you must also know that puberty causes a change or shift in your teen’s sleep- wake cycle. This means that he or she will usually go to bed late and wake up late too. The thing to do is to let your child sleep longer.
Food and nutrition: All praises sung for good nutrition during puberty will still not be enough. Teens, as we know, love to eat junk food these days. They love processed foods, hate greens and veggies and the scary part is that this could throw a spanner in their growth.
- Great nutrition is essential to optimal growth of your teen and there’s just no getting around that.
- During the growth spurt of puberty, your teen requires the maximum calories and nutrients in his or her entire life span.
- The ‘Growing’ or healthy foods should form at least 90 % of your teen’s total food intake every day.
And these ‘Growing’ foods are:
- Protein is the most required food group for growth and development of the body.
- This is so because it is the building block of all tissue, including muscles and bones.
- Teens need at least half grams of protein per pound of their body weight to grow optimally.
- Good sources of protein are eggs, meat, nuts, seeds, legumes and veggies.
It’s not scientifically right, however, to ply your teen with proteins. Why? Because it will not help her grow, but may actually leave her dehydrated.
Calcium and vitamin D:
- What happens during a growth spurt? The bones grow vertically. Arms and legs grow longer.
- And we all know that calcium is very important for bones and, so is vitamin D as these are both bone-forming nutrients.
If your teen eats enough foods containing calcium and vitamin D, her bones will be strong for a lifetime…
But what happens usually is that kids do not like foods rich in calcium and vitamin D like milk, greens and nuts, and beans.
So, make sure your teen has enough of the above in her daily diet.
- Teens don’t usually eat on time. They hem and haw during mealtimes and stop their bodies getting the nutrition it needs to grow.
- Skipping meals also only feeds bingeing on junk food and stops the absorption of nutrients.
Your teen, thus should eat three square meals per day without skipping a meal. Snacking is not bad, as long as it’s healthy. ‘Growing’ foods like nuts and seeds can be consumed.
- Eat plenty of foods containing cheese.
- If you have an obsession with eating carnivores
- Eating boiled egg, fish oil bike.
- Would be nice to take wholesome pulses.
- Fruit-rich vegetables take regularly.
- Eat food made from grains of rice and thick
- Eat plenty of green leafy vegetables will be the right choice.
In an age where contemporary and conventional medicine seems to cure an ailment only to cause significant side effects, it is only to be expected that people wish to take a look at alternative medicine. One of the primary forms of alternative medicine happens to be homeopathy. That being said, people do have concerns as to whether homeopathy has any side effects, as well.
The truth of the matter is that homeopathic medicine does have side effects. It is only to be expected to see side effects when any medicine, at all, is consumed in an amount which is greater than what it is to be consumed in. The good part when it comes to homeopathic medicine is the fact that the side effects are not close to as bad as those of allopathic and other medicines.
The only signs of an overdose and its accompanying side effects in terms of homeopathy is likely to be that the person will show effects of a high amount of energy. All this means is that the medicine has had its intended impact and has gone beyond that. Once the homeopathic medicine stops, all the symptoms are very likely to disappear without a permanent trace. Is this not better than conventional medicines whose side effects can lead to more medication being required in order to sort out the adverse side effects?
In a few of the many cases of treating patients by the way of homeopathic medicine, it is found that when the course of medicine is begun, the situation does get a bit worse prior to it getting better. This is known professionally by the term ‘homeopathic aggravation’ and is nothing to worry about, by any measure.
Most forms of homeopathic medicine feature a very high level of dilution of the actual medicine, so the risks are minimal. That being said, there are a few medicines which can have side effects if they are consumed in larger than prescribed doses. Arnica, which is a popular medicine, is one. It can cause some stomach irritation. However, as long as it is consumed in the right quantity, there is no need to worry about this. Isn’t that quite a relief?
The high degree of customization when it comes to homeopathic treatment is also good as what this does is that it reducing the risk of side effects. This is because, after all, a side effect is generally caused by the lack of suitability of an element in the medicine to the person who is under treatment. Because homeopathic treatment is customised, the scope of this is limited, which is quite a good thing! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Starting a family and being people who you can completely rely on is something that may be a dream that most people nurture and work towards. In the Indian culture, it is seen that children are supposed to serve as the backbone for the parents in their old age and when a couple is able to bear children, they may be able to lead more satisfied lives than at any other point in time. While most couples are blessed with happy families, there are a lot of those couples who may have to rely on medicines and treatments to be able to conceive a child.
With the changing lifestyle and the increasing amount of stress, a lot of couples are not able to conceive naturally. This is when they turn to medical help from professionals who may be able to suggest treatments and counselling. Even though the medications and treatments are sought very popularly, it is also a fact that couples have to go through painful procedures and unfruitful trials before they are able to get positive results, if at all that is possible. Not to mention the expensive treatment costs and the costly medicines that they have to invest in, apart from the mental and emotional trauma that is accompanied with it.
A safer alternative:
One of the safest alternatives to conventional medicine and treatments is to opt for homeopathy. This is a style of treatment that works on the body using natural means such as plants extracts and other natural derivatives, in combination with medicinal properties in healthy portions. With the use of such treatments and medicines, it may be possible for aspirant couples to be able to work on their body systems to make them healthier and more responsive to conceiving a child.
Some of the most important advantages of homeopathic treatment for infertility:
- The medicines make sure that they do not put the others aspects of health at jeopardy for the users of homeopathic medicines which means that the medicines do not have highly destructive side effects.
- The lack of side effects in the homeopathic medicines for infertility ensure that the couples remain mentally and emotionally strong enough to stick to the resolve of getting treated and that is something that may be helpful in the success of the treatment.
- Since the medicines are all organic, most of them are not as expensive as the conventional medicines.
- Choosing a safe stream of medication such as homeopathy may also help in ensuring that when the child is conceived, it does not get affected by the harmful medicines that may be administered to the couple.
When the future of your family and health is at stake, it is important that you take well thought out and wise decisions about what kind of treatments you should undergo. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Can Drinking lemon and honey lukewarm water cause any gynec problem or it may reduce the size of the uterus?
My wife is pregnant for one month, and both we do not want a baby now, what to do. Please reply asap, we are very tensed.
I am 26 year old female, I am having cracked nipples and inflation around the nipples, I am currently feeding my baby. I have used couple of ointments sometimes the cracked nipple cure but again it happens. Please help.
Sago or sabudana is often considered as a super food which is full of energy and carbohydrates. Sago is basically extracted from the sago palm trees or more importantly from their stem in a starch form. In some regions, sago is also popularly known as tapioca pearls. It is one of the rich sources of starch and carbohydrates and is used as a culinary delicacy in many cuisines, especially in India. Let’s have a glance at some of the health benefits of including sago as a part of our diet.
- Aids in digestion: Pearl sago is best used as a baby food as it is easily digestible and can be great on your internal tissues. Even adults who suffer from the problem of digestion can safely include sago in the diet as it helps aid digestion and is also an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Nutritional Supplement: Sago grains are pure sources of carbohydrates. There are minuscule (about 2mm in diameter) but they pack a powerhouse of carbohydrates and contain little protein, vitamin C, minerals. They also have traces of calcium which can be beneficial in bone rebuilding.
- Herbal remedy: Sago is used in Ayurveda and also as a part of many home treatments in keeping the body cool. It is used along with rice to maintain the temperature of your body. It is also a staple diet in some continents and the herbal remedies using sago are widely popular in traditional spas across the world.
- Sago Cuisines: Since they are extremely comfortable with your body, sago is used in a wide variety of cuisines and can be used best as a breakfast dish as an alternative to cereal. They are also used in pancakes and they are a good source of energy to make you perform your daily activities throughout the day.
- Energy booster: Sago food is full of energy, and is often served as a dish to break the fast. If you have been recently treated for an ailment then you can look at having sago as a part of your diet. It has enough energy to combat the weakness and ailments your body has just undergone. Also, they can be safely had by any individual - irrespective of their age.
Always keep them in dry and airtight container. Moisture should be avoided at all cost to increase its longevity. The white pearls of sago become white when soaked in water and turn translucent when cooked or boiled. You can experiment a lot with sago based food and you can be sure to feel the difference. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
1. Use a cane or walker for added stability.
2. Wear rubber-soled shoes for traction.
1. Make sure lighting is adequate especially night as falls are common when trying to walk in dark.
2. Eliminate clutter in the house and neatly strap loose wires etc so it does not come in the way.
3. Avoid using rugs where foot or cane can catch while walking.
4. Make sure there are bars to hold on to in the bathroom.
5. Elderly patients will reduce fall risk if they do gentle stretching exercises daily and keep up their walking.