Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tanuja Kamat
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Tanuja KamatYour feedback matters!
Hi I am Ashwini, 27 years old. I had c sec delivery 7 months back (in Feb) 1 month back I joined to sewing classes. After that I started noticing slight pain on my vaginal area, not every tim while stretching leg or while sitting on floor I feel the pain. Is it common or cos of peddling the sewing machine?
I am 24 male and having muscle pain in hand last one year some time it wil come for that I had consulted to doctors once hevhad given two tablets if I take that it wil go that tablets names was unflem and pragrmer may be but I forgot unflem is sure.
I am feeling slight pain under the foot from past two three months. please suggest me what would be the reason.
I have pain in my right leg joint while I sit for more than five minutes, I'm facing this from one month and also I tried some pain killer drug but no use, what should I do?
Hello I am 53 years old, male, doing a mechanical/physical work in workshop. From the last 4-weeks, I started getting a pain on my right elbow when ever I lift something heavy or tight bigger nuts & bolts with more pressure. Doctor told me it's'tennis elbow, take rest. But, as I need to do the job everyday, I can not take rest but try to use left hand to put less pressure on the right hand. Please let me know if oil massage will help. If yes, then what oil I should you to massage to cure the'tennis elbow' thank you.
I have 31 years old male. I have last 2 month s joints pain is very strong so suggestions for relieve the pain.
Im suffering from Pain in right legs quadriceps, adductor muscles and a little around the knee area.
Whenever i walk more than 2 km i feel severe joint pain in my both keen joints even i cant step down through stairs without any support and pain in both legs lower knee part and over toe.
The human hand has multiple bones, tendons, ligaments and muscles which in unison help us to grip things and manipulate other objects to do our work. Within the wrist lies a narrow passageway on the palm side which houses the main nerve for movement of the nine tendons. These tendons help us to move our fingers individually and grip things or accomplish any task we want with our hands.
What is Carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where this nerve gets pinched due to a variety of factors and may have adverse effects. Some of the symptoms include tingling, numbness and pain with movements of the arm.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The nerve within the wrist which is known as the median nerve can be pinched due to a variety of factors:
- Movements where the wrists are always higher and in an angle: Repetitive movements of the wrists where the hands are always at a lower angle, can increase the chances of carpal tunnel syndrome. This is usually a workplace related problem and thus be caused by bad hand posture.
- Medical Conditions: There are certain medical conditions that may also trigger the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome such as diabetes, thyroid, menopause and other problems.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy has also known to cause carpal tunnel disorder as it can alter the balance of fluids within your body. However, other factors could also put your fluids in imbalance and cause problems with the median nerve.
- Conditions that may cause inflammation: Certain conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause the inflammation within the joints which might lead to the median nerve being pinched which in turn might lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Some Preventive Measures from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Breaks from repetitive work: It is important for your wrists to have a break when you are doing repetitive tasks that might cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Relax and stretch your muscles within the break time
- Wear wrist splints: These are support devices which can help correct problems for repetitive actions throughout the day while you are sleeping.
- Take pain reliever if you start having chronic pains: If your wrist pain is not letting you functions normally, take a pain reliever such as ibuprofen or aspirin and go to a doctor as soon as possible for a more thorough treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopaedist.