Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. T. V. NeelammaYour feedback matters!
Adhesive capsulitis: an overview
If you are taken aback by the very mention of this condition, you must know this is something you face every now and then. The problem is not too serious until it persists and hence people do not bother to look up terrifying medical terms for the case. Adhesive capsulitis or frozen shoulder is a condition that could arise from a host of reasons. It is usually characterized by a marked stiffness in and around the shoulder blade felt either in the middle of the night, early in the morning or while trying to move a hand close to the end of its reach. Frozen shoulder might become a chronic problem in which case remedying it takes a minimum of one or two years.
Factors leading to Adhesive capsulitis
- This condition is prevalent amongst patients of diabetes.
- Lack of movement of a limb, either of the two hands, due to a fracture or a surgery can result in the same.
- Adhesive capsulitis occurs when the capsule of connective tissues ensconcing the ligaments and bones of your shoulder joint tightens around them hindering free and easy movement.
How is Adhesive Capsulitis Treated?
There are various treatments for adhesive capsulitis. Even though the condition usually gets better on its own, improvement can take two to three years. Over 90% of patients improve with non-surgical treatments, including the following:
- Physical therapy
- Corticosteroid injections
- Anti-inflammatory medications
Surgery can be performed for patients who see no improvement after non-surgical measures are taken.
How is subacromial bursitis different from Adhesive capsulitis?
While a frozen shoulder affects your entire shoulder area, subacromial bursitis affects a single point in the shoulder blade. The topmost boney part of the shoulder blade is referred to as the acromion. The acromion is placed above the ball- and- socket joint without touching the bones directly. The subacromial bursa is a soft cushion like thing that prohibits friction between the muscles or tendons of the shoulder joint and the acromion. An irritable subacromial bursa is referred to as subacromial bursitis.
How is Subacromial Bursitis Treated?
Subacromial Bursitis can be treated in a number of ways, including:
- Avoiding activities that aggravate the problem
- Resting the injured area
- Icing the area the day of the injury
- Taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medicines
- What do you mean by rotator cuff tear?
Rotator cuff is a group of tendons and muscles located on top of the upper arm bone or humerus. The cuff helps to hold your arm in place allowing easy movement. Acute stress or physical exertion can lead to muscle cramps or might even make the tendons tear apart. Tennis players, swimmers, or people lifting heavy weights are prone to Rotator Cuff Tear. This condition leads to excruciating pain and tenderness in your shoulder blade.
What's the Treatment for a Rotator Cuff Tear?
As bad as these injuries can be, the good news is that many rotator cuff tears heal on their own. You just need to give them a little time. You also should:
- Rest the joint as much as possible. Avoid any movement or activity that hurts. You may need a sling.
- Ice your shoulder two to three times a day to reduce pain and swelling.
- Perform range-of-motion exercises, if your doctor recommends them.
- Consider physical therapy to strengthen the joint.
- Use anti-inflammatory painkillers, or NSAIDS, like Advil, Aleve, or Motrin.
More serious rotator cuff tears require surgery. One procedure is shoulder arthroscopy, usually an outpatient procedure.
Post my 1st baby birth I gained so much weight she is 1 year old so now what will better for loose weight?
Vitamin D is a crucial vitamin that is soluble in fat. Vitamin D is essential for the growth of your bone and it ensures increased flow of calcium into your bloodstream by promoting the process of its absorption from the consumed food. Poor concentration of vitamin D may result in the development of rickets in children and osteoporosis in adults. Vitamin D is important in maintaining the immunity of your system; deficiency of vitamin D gives rise to a number of health problems including cardiac disorders, arthritis, hypertension, diabetes and even cancer.
Daily exposure to mild sunlight helps to synthesize Vitamin D in body. Dietary sources include milk, cod liver oils, fish, meat, fortified dairy and food products.
The most reliable way to diagnose the deficiency of vitamin D is through blood test; it is the most effective method of measuring the level of vitamin D in your blood. The following are some dominant symptoms of vitamin D deficiency:
- Influenza: According to studies, vitamin D acts a guard against the attack of a number of respiratory infections which are widespread in children. Hence, lack of vitamin D in children is responsible for the development of various respiratory tract infections and diseases.
- Depression and Schizophrenia: The root cause of depression and various other psychiatric disorders have been linked to deficiency in vitamin D. It is extremely important for expecting mothers to maintain a sufficient level of vitamin D in their body, during the gestation period to reduce the risk of delayed brain development and other mental ailments in the new born babies.
- Cardiovascular disease: Cardiovascular ailments are more prevalent among people, who tend to suffer from vitamin D deficiency. Patients who suffer from cardiac discomfort have responded well to vitamin D treatment.
- Asthma: Intake of vitamin D supplements reduces the severity and discomforts that are associated with asthma and have also shown considerable reduction in the occurrence of asthma attacks.
- Periodontal disorders: Lack of vitamin D may result in the formation of numerous harmful bacteria in your mouth and may give rise to several oral discomforts in form of painful gum inflammation, bleeding and loss of tooth. Vitamin D aids in the formation of cathelicidins and defensins, which are effective in maintaining the overall oral health.
- Cancer: Types of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer are linked with vitamin D deficiency. Supplements of vitamin D are helpful in controlling the growth and development of breast cancer, especially the estrogen sensitive breast cancer.
I'm pregnant and this is 12th week going on. Now suddenly I wont see any white discharge and I have history of abortion at 11 weeks. So I m worried is this normal.
Hi, I am 24 male recently got married with my girlfriend (age 35), 1. I want to know is this OK to mary with high age of girl or what are the effects that occur in our life due to such age difference? 2. We are planning for sexual intercourse at our honeymoon, but we are very scared of pain when hymen breaks. Can she bear that pain and we continue with sex at same time and what can we do on immediate basis if pain increases in such situation? Is there any first aid that we should carry with us at our honeymoon? Please help me with all the answers. Thank you!
Sir/madam, Is Bru instant coffee is good or bad for health. We are taking coffee daily two times morning and night.
everybody you for suggestion & today I am pregnant 1 month .but some time pain so pls answer me what I am do.
Hi Sex with prostitute on october with condom and which was not break and tested on March on almost 6 month with hiv 1&hiv2 antibody rapid test result non reactive so shall I move on as my friend didn't test his status? And aids helpline also told me that I'm hiv free (negative)
I had aborted on 27 May 16 but till date mensuration period has not come. What will be reason and please suggest me what to do. Also there is white discharge from vagina . What may be the reason.
Hello actually doctor mari devrani 3 month sai period mai hoti hai. Wo pergrent hai abhi. Actuaally period time k 40 daybad us nai pregencey test kita then negative nikala but jab 30 days bad vapas kiya then wo pregent thi and sonography karane pe pata chala prefencey thi and us k time ka aayada laga ki wo kab pregent hue. Wo fisrt time test karne k bad pregent hue so I am asking yadi hum period k 15 days sex karte hi nahi hai and us k bad sex karne per agar hum pregent hote hai hai to time kahs sai calulate hoga.
I had sex with my husband 3 days before my period and my period flow was less and now am feeling heavy in breast and headache.
Yesterday we had unprotected sex. We do not want any trouble to avoid any trouble can we use UNWANTED-72 or any other pills like this? We are in tension since last night Please suggest what we should do.
Hello doctor my age is 24 and my weight is 53 and my height is 5 feet 4 inches I am suffering with PCos. And my eggs are not grown and failure to release. Doctor prescribed me smartova 100 gelatin capsules in how many days can I get conceive.
I am 30 year old female. I had 3 miscarriage due to low hcg. All the time hcg value was decreasing. I done blood test and thyroid. All are normal. We are married since 3 years.
My self usha rani I suffering form excess bleeding in mensuration time, actually I have mensuration in last 15february.
I am 36 week pregnant. My blood sugar two hour after meal is 139 mg/dl is it harmful for my baby? Please guide me at the initial stage of pregnancy upto 12 week my sugar level was 100 mg/dl two hour after meal.
Sir maine meri wife ke sath 7.6.17 ko sex kiya tha or unke period 18 ko aane the or aaj 27 h ab tk nhi aaye or hamne 4 bar prega news se test bhi kiya h result negative aaya h ji Sir please help me.
Drinking lots of water - at least 2 litres everyday - every day during periods helps in maintaining the water level in your body and fastens the digestive process while taking care of the hormonal changes.