Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. T S RajshekarYour feedback matters!
I have been approved for a penile implant. I am looking for resources about the surgery: how the implant works, how it helps the penis lengthen from a flaccid state to fully erect. Also, how do I find how much experience a doctor has in this area?
Hi, I am feeling uneasy in my upper abdomen, feels like the lungs or food pipe is hurting, is it gastric or another reason?
Sir mujhe night me nind ni aati h. Mai sone ka kosis krta hoon phir bhi nind ni aati kya kroo plzz help me.
I am 15 year old I have problem of sperm leakage at night without any dream. I am too panic about this please tell me this is harmful or common I get sperm in 2-3. Days in a week.
My name is parveen. I have fever for last 3 days. Please help me. I have serious problem about this. Help me.
For the last one week am suffering from right nose block and having antibiotics, still not relieved. Suggest me what to do.?
Dear sir yesterday I take penile Doppler test after taking 50 mg oral sildenafil with doctor prescription. It show right psv cm/sec is 27.7 and the left psv cm/sec is 34.5.whats the average psv cm/sec us the age of 23 please tell me doctor.
My liver fibroscan reports states that my liver measures at 15.2 cm enlarged in size with raised homogeneous echotexture and increased posterior attenuation, S/O grade I fatty changes stiffness avg: 4.57 kpa What does this means ?i am really worried!
Hi I had an hairline fracture in tibial plateau and was on cast for 30 days and when removing the cast my X-ray report says linear fracture in tibial plateau so is it fine to walk and more over there is swelling in my knee and pain near fracture when walking please guide me on this.
Sir I have pain in chest in the right side and also I am cholesterol patient. What may be the reason of this chest pain.
What is dengue and what's it's effect on man. If any person suffering from dengue, than what is suggestion to him. What is the way to avoid dengue.
Vitiligo is a skin disorder where white patches of depigmentation develop on the skin and keep enlarging. This disorder is long-term and continuous in nature. The patches appear due to the death of melanocytes within the skin. Melanocytes are skin pigment producing cells, which produce melanin. Vitiligo can affect the skin of several areas, including the eyes, hair and the portion inside the mouth.
The causes of this disease are as follows:
- Autoimmune disorders in which the immune system of a patient becomes over reactive, and the melanocytes are destroyed.
- This disease may also occur due to genetic oxidative stress imbalance.
- Stressful events may also lead to vitiligo.
- Exposure of the skin to several harmful chemicals may be a cause.
- Vitiligo may be hereditary and passed on from family members.
Vitiligo has only one major symptom. White, flat spots and patches develop on the surface of the skin. The earliest of these white patches appear on the parts of the body which are exposed to the sun continuously.
It starts off as a simple spot in the beginning and gradually, the spot starts getting pale and finally turns white. The patches have irregular shapes, and in some cases the edges get inflamed and are red in color. Itchiness is experienced in the affected areas. Symmetrical patches signify slow development of vitiligo.
The two major types of vitiligo are:
- Non segmental vitiligo, which affects the back of the hand, the arms, knees, elbows, feet, mouth.
- Segmental vitiligo, which is more stable than non segmental vitiligo but spreads faster. It usually affects areas of the skin, which are attached to nerves.
The different methods of treatment for vitiligo are:
- Phototherapy with UVB and UVA light: Exposing the affected area of the skin to UVB lamps is a popular cure for vitiligo. This treatment can be performed easily at home. UVA treatment incorporates taking of a drug which makes the skin more sensitive to ultraviolet light and then the skin is exposed to high doses of UVA light.
- Skin Camouflage: Cosmetic creams and makeup can be used to camouflage affected areas of the skin. These topical creams are waterproof.
- Depigmentation: Depigmentation is used to treat widespread areas affected by vitiligo. The skin color of the unaffected areas is reduced in order to match the affected areas. It is done using topical ointments.
Vitiligo is a skin disease, the major causes of which are still to be discovered. Proper care and treatment should be taken for skin areas affected by vitiligo. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.