Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. T.s PrabhakarYour feedback matters!
I have burning sensation in my legs and hands all the time. I have fever sometimes too. This burning sensation makes me feel uncomfortable. please suggest me some solution to it.
I am having pain in heels from past several months. Off late it has increased and I am finding difficulty in walking. The pain is now coming to the knees and then to the spine. Please let me know possible reason for the same.
Hello sir, I am not sure whether I am suffering from sciatica pain or not. When I read symptoms from internet I feel as I am having it. Sometimes I have pain in my right leg and sometime in left one. Pain starts from lumbar region and goes till the toe. Please tell whether I am suffering from sciatica or not. Thank you.
I working in a private firm had to sit 9-12 hours in the office.I have backache from last 6 months what to do and sometime I feel massive pain in my back just because of that could not even walk a single step.
Dear Sir, I am suffering from cervical spondylosis and frozen shoulder for the last five years. Xray report says that I.V. Disc spaces are reduced at C5 - C6 and C6-C7 levels. My all pathological reports are normal except vitamin D 18.17.I am using sprays Plus capsule and Maxnuron LC once daily and vitamin3 sachet once a week. Is this curable or should I take some other treatment? My both shoulders have very pain all the time and in the morning my neck is full of stiffness. My age is 60 years and works on computer for 6 hours daily. Is physiotherapy necessary in this condition and age.
I am 20 years old. I have spondylolisthesis grade 2, L5-S1. I am doing physiotherapy for last 1 yr. I still have pain so much in my lower back. Can you tell me what should I do.
Hi. My wife hase. Neck problem and why is that past 2. Years not all the time .but twice a week .three times a week.
Suddenly for last few days, I have been suffering from moderate pain in the neck and shoulder. Pain increases while I move my head. Specially when I face up. Please suggest what to do?
Hi This is Kiran kumar and I am 45 years old and I am facing the problem of knee pain since one years and I have taken medicine but there is no use and the pain is unbearable please help me.
My mom is facing bad heel pain since almost 6 months. In the morning when ever she keep her feet on the ground she cant she take the 1st steps. She limps for sometime and then she become alright till she sits some where again.
If you are about to undergo a knee replacement surgery, it is important to know the extent of pain that it involves, and the recovery period that follows. A knee replacement surgery is a major surgery, and a patient needs a lot of time to adjust to the replacement of his knee. The time of recovery depends on the patient and form of surgery that has been undertaken. The steps of recovery after a knee replacement surgery are as follows:
- After the surgery, you will be given painkillers which you can self-administer using a switch. You may also require an oxygen mask or blood transfusion.
- You may require crutches and should walk within a frame. The ability to get back to walking without any help depends on the patient.
- You will be taught exercises for strengthening your knees in the hospital by a physiotherapist.
- It is likely for you to experience some initial discomfort during exercising and walking, as your legs may become swollen.
- Putting on a passive motion machine may be beneficial in restoring movement in your knees when you are lying in bed.
- It is likely for you to spend a period of three to five days in the hospital, based on your condition and its progress.
- An enhanced recovery program may be suggested by your surgeon in which you may start walking from the surgery day itself.
Recovery at home
- It is normal for you to feel tired and fatigued at home in the beginning. A knee replacement surgery is a major surgery, and the tissues and muscles around your knees require time to heal properly.
- You should arrange for a person who would help you while you go out for a few weeks after the surgery.
- It is very important for you to practice the exercises prescribed by your physiotherapist. This is a vital part of speedy recovery and you should not avoid them.
- You will be able to stop depending on crutches or walking frames and go back to your regular activities and schedule, six weeks after the surgery.
- The swelling and pain associated with the surgery may take around three months to depart.
The recovery process usually continues for two years after undergoing the surgery. During this period, scar tissue heals and your muscles get restored through exercises. It is recommended for you to avoid any kind of extreme sports or movements in which there is a risk of falling, such as mountain biking, or skiing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.