Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. T.s. ChandrashekarYour feedback matters!
Good morning. My age is 69, after retirement I am working, in a private organisation. Forgetfulness (Deminishia) started just now, and at a time I am unable to hear properly, if repeated second time it can be audible, diabetic patient, sugar levels are under control. Please suggest a medicine to keep my brain away from the forgetfulness.
My wife is 26 year old. I think she has symptoms like 1. She gets high fever automatically and then after one day fever gets low 2. She told that there is a whole body pain means there is no energy in her body 3. She can't stand up her own if this condition happens 4. She can't talk at all 5. She Suffers from severe headache 6. She also suffers pain around neck 7. She also has little hair growth on her face, chin and her chest. 8. She told that there is irregularity of her periods (menstrual cycle varies from very short days to larger one days) and sometimes she did not get her periods at all. 9. She told that her periods got started late when she was young please suggest me to problems these symptoms are indicating please suggest me. What type of test, blood test, ultrasound etc should be done at earliest. Sir/madam, what should I do. Please help me. I am worried a lot.
I suffer from social anxiety. I cannot attend social gatherings, my heart races, sweat, I feel dizzy. Please help.
I am a regular smoker and daily eight cigarate I smoke. Now I wish to stop smokeing. Suggest you good way.
What to eat to completely stop thyroid medicines at the age of 35 after Dr. consultantWhat to eat how to eat to stop stress related tablets I.e Lamico OD, Clonotril 0.25,q mind After Dr. consultation.
My shoulder have a back pain. I really paining and depressed with it. My shoulder is very paining now. And I want to cure myself. Help please sir. I am very thankful for you.
I was put on an astamyne drip along with a bottle of glucose the last week. The pain was so bad having a needle in my vein plus my hand got swollen too. It's been like almost 7 days now and my vein area still hurts on moving. Don't know why is it still hurting I tried rubbing the area for a while but the pain did not go and hurts even more. Can anybody tell me what's the reason behind that? The pain is not so severe but yeah it hurts bad.
A student. Sometimes I used to smoke & now I am feeling very low. So smoking is the issue for this weakness.Please tell.
I am 29 years old female. I am suffering from social anxiety since childhood. I cannot focus on any particular task for more than 15 mins. I cannot articulate my ideas. What I want to speak. Please help.
Depression is a mental state which is not easily identified in its early stages; it is evident only when the symptoms become obvious. You may overlook it as a passing phase, and assume it to be normal. The people around you may also get used to the symptoms and accommodate accordingly. This can make the identification of depression even more complicated. Homeopathic treatments are entirely natural and do not carry any side effects. They are holistic treatments that get rid of the cause instead of just treating the symptoms of depression. The various homeopathic remedies for depression are:
- For anxiety related depression: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy that is used in the treatment of anxiety. The symptoms that it is used to treat are the ones, which occur suddenly and make you extremely pessimistic. For acute panic attacks, this medicine is very effective. Some other medicines that are also used to treat anxiety are Argentum Nitricum and Arsenic album.
- For depression in teenagers: Kali phos is a very effective homeopathic remedy for treating depression in teenagers, the causes of which are usually hormonal changes and high levels of stress. In some cases, depression may also be triggered by genetic factors. Ignatia is also used to treat depression in teenagers.
- Stress related depression: Kali phos is used to treat stress-related depression. It also helps in treating fatigue with homeopathy.
- Insomnia that results from depression: To remedy insomnia resulting from depression, you can opt for Kali Phos and Coffea Cruda.
- Severe depression: If the symptoms of depression are very severe and include suicidal tendencies, Aurum Metallicum may be recommended.
- Depression resulting from menopause: It is common for a woman to undergo a phase(s) of depression during menopause. The homeopathic remedies that are used in the treatment of this condition are Lachesis and sepia.
- Seasonal affective disorder: This type of disorder usually occurs during the winter season. The treatment for this disorder is prescribed after a proper diagnosis of the symptoms. Ignatia is a remedy that is usually recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
This question is to a qualified, certified,experienced and competent psychiatrist only. I am 58 years old and Schizophrenic since 1987. I was put on various medications and I responded to them very well and hence there is a lot of relief now. Currently, I am on only one anti-psychotic viz Sizodon Forte 0-0-1 and there is tremendous relief. Of late, my body is showing showing side effects, probably due to the fact that I no longer need powerful anti-psychotics. Now, I don't have hallucinations & delusions. I have two questions here. (a) There are thought disturbances like, always preoccupied with thoughts, and get aggressive thoughts because I am not fully occupied. Is this due to the fact, that I am not working and absence of work is rust to the month Is this a positive symptom of Schizophrenia? (b) I have stammering since childhood and necessary action was taken by a speech therapist and now I speak almost fluently. Because of this, I developed inferiority complex and hence was not socializing, staying aloof from friends and relatives etc. I have this problem even now. My personal hygiene is good. Is this a negative symptom of Schizophrenia? Kindly answer to these two questions, as I can impress on my psychiatrist whom I am visiting next week. Thanks.
Hi I am doing B.pharmacy final year After returning from clg in evening I fell extremely tiredness please some things like Horlicks, born vita etc like so that I fell better and also I gain some muscles and stronger bone and sharp mind Please some powder like born vita , Horlicks to use with milk Reply Asap.
Respected Doctors! Good Evening! I am an Indian citizen, Male, 52 years old, in my teens, I used to be amongst meritorious list, but over the past 10 - 12 years, my memory power is diminishing. I am a professional secretary in to admin. Related jobs. Any remedial measures to improve my positive memory and get lost the negative one, please help? My best regards, GULAM HASHMATH ALI.
I am 27 married (housewife) for 6 months. For past 3 months I am going through depression after some unpleasant incidents which took place at my home. I am not able to move on. Please help. I am also preparing for an exam which requires 10-12 hrs of regular study. Sometimes I even find difficulties in concentrating in my studies as those bitter memories always keep haunting me. I feel restless and emotionally drained. No one to share with as I have come to a completely new place after marriage. So no friends here. Even I dont feel like talking to or meting with anyone. What shall I do? please help me to move on. I dont want my studies to get hampered and neither my marital life.
I smoke around 3 cigarettes a day and wish to quit, is there any effective medication I can use? Though I agree will power is all it needs, I cannot control my urge.
Everytime some negative thoughts came to my mind and I am suffering from depression. How can I get rid from this problem?
How can I increase my memory. I forget things after some days. Now I study and I learn chapter and maths formula and trick but after some days I forget. Pls help me what should I do. I need for qualify in competition exam.
I got irritated and getting angry on others whole day and night .suffering from stress, mental tension. I can not sleep. A severe forehead pain. What to do?
A panic attack is the result of a sudden enormous burst of fear and anxiety. The heart tends to beat faster and breathing becomes difficult. A person gets a feeling of going crazy and dries up. If the treatment is not taken on time, this condition can aggravate to panic disorder and such other problems. It is totally curable if the symptoms are addressed properly.
Symptoms of panic disorder:
Panic attacks can lead someone to panic in any place. It takes only 10 minutes to reach its peak and typically lasts for 25-20 minutes. A patient is a prime candidate of a panic disorder if he frequently suffers from the following symptoms:
- The discomfort of the chest
- Profound sweating
- Fear of losing control of life
- Feeling of detachment from the surrounding
- A choked feeling
- Heart palpitation
- Sudden cold flashes and tingling sensation
Apart from the above symptoms, if a patient suffers from anxiety in between panic attacks in anticipation of another panic attacks, he could be suffering from panic disorders. it is often witnessed that patients suffering from panic disorder avoid certain situations and places.
What causes panic disorder?
Panic disorder results from frequent panic attacks and the cause of the latter are not very clear. It is believed that certain life transitions such as divorce, getting married, acute stress, the death of loved one can result in panic attacks. A person has higher chances of getting this disease if it runs in the family. Some medical conditions that can cause panic disorder are hyperthyroidism, use of stimulants such as cocaine, caffeine and mitral valve prolapse.
How it can be treated?
1. Behavioral treatment: Cognitive behavioral therapy is widely considered as one of the effective treatments for panic attacks. This form of treatment effectively focuses on thinking patterns and behavior that triggers panic attacks. It helps you to look at your apprehensions in a better light. Another method of treatment for panic disorder is called exposure therapy. This method exposes a patient sensation of panic in a controlled environment. The trick is to deal with it in a much better way. For instance, you might be asked to cross the road. When you successfully manage to do it without getting crashed, you are less likely to panic in foreseeable future.
2. Medication Treatment: Medication can address the problem temporarily, but is not a good solution for long term. Certain medication such as antidepressants and Benzodiazepines are prescribed by doctors with time duration of every 1-2 hours. These are anti-anxiety drugs and gives immediate relief from panic attacks. However, it should be ensured that these medicines are only consumed once a doctor prescribes it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.