Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. T R SudheendraYour feedback matters!
I had severe back pain so can you refer me a best doctor in hyderabad to tell me whatcshould I do to reduce my pain.
I am 33 yes of age. Recently I am having knee pain almost everyday n also burning sensation with cramps at times in my knees. Are these symptoms of arthritis. If yes y am I having it at such a early stage. I don't even have kids till now n I am really worried about it. Kindly help.
Hi, I feel pain in my Ribs (left side) and both shoulder, neck frequently. Please suggest the cause and treatment.
I have pain in my leg before 2-3 month I go to doctor for treatment they say it is normal so, please give the solution.
I m suffering from fever last 5 days. I take too many medicines but nothing gone better. please tell what should I do? And pain in my neck left side?
My shoulder pains a lot after writing for long time, after writing exam paper it pains so much that I cannot even turn my neck to right. What can I do to stop it?
When I use my right hand or I bend n do lots of work continusely or in tension. My right side above the shoulder swells up n its pain. Wat to do.
My wife has a continuously pain in her leg joints. We had used copper contraceptive after 1 child. Is it reaction of that copper.
I don't have regular pain in shoulder joint. But whenever I play tennis or throw a ball. The shoulder tends to pain a lot. What is the reason and remedy for the same?
I am 28 yrs old and have backache. I was hit by a bicycle handle a year back and it has just started spraining from last 15 days. The problems arise when I lay down flat from back.
For neck pain what should be done without any surgery since I am above 70 years old. Kindly suggest.
I have a leg ache. I have tried many medicines prescribed by physician. But I don't feel any relief. Please suggest any prescription.
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica.