Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. T R RaviYour feedback matters!
I am working whole day watching desktop, and my eyes becomes dry and feel sleepy. I am wearing anti glared glass to protect from desktop rays but still eyes are becoming dry. Please help me.
My mom can't sleep at night since many years. She usually passes the entire night playing games or watching videos on her phone. Because of this she now has a habit of waking up late every day and feels tired and frustrated. How can I make her sleep early at night?
I am 25 year old male and diagnosed with eales disease by my doctor. It started 4 days back when I experienced floaters and hazy vision through my right eye. After consulting my doctor, he observed vitreous hemorrhage and occluded vessels. I have carried out tests suggested by him like x- ray chest P/A, MT, complete blood haemogram with ESR. All the reports are normal and I am waiting to consult him. I am still not able to make out what is the reason for the disease. As suggested by him, I will have to go through fungus fluorescin angiography of both the eyes after a week and accordingly may have to go through a surgery. I am really scared and nervous. I am not to able to work and study. Kindly guide me. I will be really grateful.
I wear spectacles, I have minus four in my left eye and minus three in my right eye, so can my eye get relief of minus power permanently? Or by what treatment I may not have to use spectacles any more in future?
I am suffering from eye pain and its changed to red color. Can you give any suggestions for this problem. If you will give best suggestion for me. I have feel very happy and advance thanks to you.
Hello drs. Before 5 6 years I had a heavy hair fall. After seeing net and various tips I started brushing my hair in night and started applying oil and massage well and in morn I use to wash well with mild water. Yes I got good results but hairfall still there but very minimal qty. Now my frnds and others says that if daily we wash hair we ll have hair loss items. But for me daily hair wash after oiling before night reduced the quantity of hair fall. So need assistance of doctors about daily hair wash. Thank you.
My wife is diagonised'with dimension of vision for the left eye. The best corrected visual acuity is 6/6 in the right eye and counting fingers @3m N36 in the left eye. Anterior segment was within normal limits. Intra ocular pressure was 18mmHg in both eyes. Fundus Examination revealed drusen in the right eye and choroidal neovascular membrane with sub- retinal haemorrhage and sub-retinal fluid in the left eye, confirmed with optical coherence tomography (OCT). 1) What is advisable line of treatment for her? 2) How far it is successful ?3) Can she get normal vision after treatment or only it is going arrest further deterioration? Kindly give a reply. She has been advised to take treatment as early as possible.
I am sajir 27 year old male having problems in stomach getting gas and stomach get tight having problems in bathroom Also having problems of eyes dryness Please suggest me remedy for both problem.
I am a 37 year old man from Delhi. Cast iron dust fall in my both eyes before one week and leave injury spot in both eyes. Due to my eye vision is not clear. Is it recoverable or not? Please suggest me and tell about best hospital / Doctor in India.
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty