Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. T M RaghuYour feedback matters!
Lots of patience n caring towards patients,tq Dr for all ur caring towards building self confidence, n I really feel him as my own family member ,so caring , very good n peace full Atmosphere.
My brain some time remain hang. I can't thik anything even my education hamper due this reason. What can I do?
My mother is a 58 year aged house wife. She has an extreme sort of depression that we understand. Initially from 3-4 years she used to ate sleeping pills in high numbers (10 to 16) but survived each time. We sometimes thought that she wanted to express her feeling to get attention but this time it was very high level but some how we were able to save her although she was kept on ventilator also in hospital for 7 days of the total 21 days. What we understand is that she wants to be taken care of on highest priority in any case or time otherwise she has a negative mindset and when she is given extra importance in daily routine then she use to dominate other people in the home. I am totally stuck in between. What to do because in any of the movement there happens a problem. Please advice.
I feel some time Happy too much & some time vary sad, ,& feel that I am alone. I don't have consentrat my mind.How can I feel happy continuously ?have You a any medicine?
When it comes to the brain, simple yet easy to make juices can make a lot of difference. These juices not only improve your memory, but are of great help to the cognitive functions as well. While green tea is a known component of increased brain function, there are other drinks too, which can charge your brain over the long term if consumed daily:
- Beet juice: Apart from being a nutritional powerhouse, beet juice is a great source of nitric acid. The latter helps with blood flow in the body. A smooth blood flow, on the other hand, helps the brain in functioning properly. A study has found that people who consume beet juice have an increased circulation in the white matter resulting from an increased brain activity. This juice is sweet in taste and can be consumed every alternate day.
- Berry Smoothies: Acai is a fruit which has a South African origin and hits the top of the list when it comes to brain assisting food. It increases the flow of the blood and dilates the blood vessels. However, this is extremely expensive. Berries also have a similar effect on the brain, but they are less powerful in nature. What can be done is to mix a little ingredient of Acai in frozen berries juice and drink the same every day. Frozen berries retain the freshness and the nutritional benefits. This drink will improvise your brain and increase blood flow in the body.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate is a great antioxidant and it very aptly limits the free radicals from damaging the brain cells. Antioxidants are also credited with increased blood flow and protection of the heart. A healthy cardiovascular system is synonymous to an increased brain function. What is surprising is the fact that Pomegranate has more antioxidant content compared to red wine and green tea. Pomegranate juice can be consumed daily during the morning or afternoon.
- Carrot juice: Carrot is known for its healthy components that are beneficial for the eyes. Recent studies have revealed that they are great for the brain too. Like other colored vegetables, they are a great source of antioxidant and have a high content of beta-carotene. Carrot juice can reduce the inflammation of the brain cells and improve memory. Carrot juice is not at all bitter and the same can be consumed every alternate day after your meal.
- Cocoa: A Harvard study revealed that two cups of cocoa on a daily basis greatly helps a person in improving memory. Cocoa contains flavanols that keep the blood pressure normal and relaxes the blood vessel linings. Cocoa is also known to be a great antioxidant agent that limits the free radical to affect the brain cells. Cocoa should not be overloaded with sugar and should be consumed hot before starting your day.
Dear Sir, I have a problem, when I meet my GM or other superior persons, I feel anxiety and fear and my hands are feel shivering, in this same feel comes when I infront of others, I don't know is this mind related or any disease.
My wife is suffering from headache, irritation, angeriness, attempt for suicide, spiritual behaviour, mood swing, lack of eating. so, what can I do for her?
Hi sir, I feel very weakness and body pains in all parts, I am seek why like that some times on leg pain some times on head pain I feel very dull ness.
Dark chocolate is considered to be a great stress buster as it uplifts the mood but I heard Chocolates is contained with caffeine and that causes through anxieties? What about Coffee and Tea also will that cause anxieties?
Want to change my laziness, lack of concentration, postponing everything, some times becomes moody. Some times out of mind, No seriousness in serious matters also. Don't have mood to go for job. Sometimes Resisting to talk with knowing people when I meet them. Can't complete anything successfully. Feels Mentally tired. Not doing any exercise. I am 35 year old. Please give a solution for my problem. I want to be energetic and successful. Perplexed around me says I have lots of abilities and skills. But I am Losing. I want to be a good business man and successfully man.
How do I treat my OCD for cleanliness? I have consulted psychotherapist and was on drug but it didn't seem to work. Now I lost my masters in pharmacy study to it and jobless. Also I suffer from body image issue as I have gynecomastia (small breasts but but scared me for life. Please help apart from usual recommendation of go see other doctor.
My mother is very difficult disease. She has get a pain in her head anytime every day. And she has some depression.
I am suffering from panic disorder since 10 year & on 1st xet cr 25 & 12.5 n now from other doctor on zaptra 12.5 & I want to be healthy & leave from medicine. please suggest me what to do?
I have a stuttering problem when I am in front of group or call. But when I am alone or with friend that time I am not stuttering. Can you pls help me on this? What can I do for that?
I am a daily routine smoker and I have try to quit but its so tough for me so sir can you suggest me some kind of tips to reduce the some present in my lungs? Like some juices or?
I am CA Final Student, cannot concentrate on my studies specially theory subjects, what to do to improve concentration & interests in subjects? Even sometimes I doubt myself whether I can clear the exam or not? please advice.
Psychiatric treatment is never in the hands of a single person. Mental health treatment is a collaborative effort between the psychiatrist, occupational therapist, individual and his or her support system. The primary goal of occupational therapy is to engage people in some sort of activity to enhance their ability to lead a meaningful life. This need not be restricted to work but can include simple things like cooking, exercising, painting etc.
To understand what kind of treatment a patient needs, an occupational therapist will first assess the person, their needs and concerns. They understand how an illness or a particular life event can impact a person's ability to perform routine tasks. The counselor and therapist will then work together with the patient to explore possible lifestyle changes and set goals related to this. These changes are centered around the patient's strengths and preferences and take into consideration the occupations that are the most meaningful to the patient. An occupational therapist can then help the patient develop the necessary skills and find ways to make their daily lifestyle easier to handle. Thus, their lives become meaningful and satisfying and they feel a sense of achievement.
Occupational therapists also address social barriers towards the rehabilitation of a person in a community. This is done through interventions that focus on building the patient's existing skill set, creating opportunities for social integration, preventing a relapse and modifying the environment. Some of the barriers it addresses include:
- Stigma: By providing the patient with an opportunity to master a skill, occupational therapy boosts self confidence. This helps address the stigma against people with mental difficulties being able to form strong interpersonal relationships.
- Safety: A person suffering from a mental disorder is often understood to not be able to take care of himself. By helping the patient create routines for himself and giving him the confidence to perform daily tasks like cooking etc, he is at a much lower risk of accidents than before.
- Socioeconomic status: By giving the patient the necessary skill set to hold a job and collaborating with employers and educators, an occupational therapist can help raise a person's socioeconomic status.
Occupational therapy can benefit any person diagnosed with a mental illness or who has recently undergone a traumatic accident. It can also benefit this person's friends and family who form his support system by teaching them how to balance their caregiving with daily responsibilities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized psychiatry and ask a free question.