Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. T.M. Jyothi Lakshmi
Management of Pregnancy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. T.M. Jyothi LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Iam 23 female unmarried I used some times unwanted 72 tablets for avoiding the pregnancy. There is any problem with unwanted tablets in my future pregnancy after my marriage? please tell me answer.
Runners’ bodies require special diet including nourishing foods to fuel their muscles and to maintain their energy levels. Eating right foods at right timings greatly helps a runner’s body to perform better and will also reduce the chance of injury. The food should be rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, good fats and quality carbohydrates to fulfill their body requirements.
Here are foods that runners need to include in their diet.
1. Eggs: They are good source of choline, a type of vitamin B, which is essential for normal functioning of cells in the body and to reduce inflammation. Eggs also possess essential amino acids which are needed for speedy recovery.
2. Salmon: Salmon, besides being high in proteins, is the excellent source of omega-3 fats, the essential fats, which improve circulatory and nervous system functions. Also it helps to balance body inflammation system and suppress the disease symptoms of exercise induced diseases.
3. Skimmed milk: Skimmed milk, balanced in carbohydrates and fats, is an ideal post workout for muscle tissues repair and recovery.
4. Berries: Group of berries contain good amounts of antioxidants like anthocyanins which give attractive colors to them and help in restoring micro tears in muscles. They are also good source of vitamin C and potassium which are essential to soothe and treat sore muscles. Berries are also rich in fibers which means healthy digestive duct. These benefits of berries make them a must have foods for runners.
5. Low-fat Yogurt: It is loaded with proteins and calcium. In addition to this, it also provides good bacteria with anti inflammatory properties. These bacteria also help to maintain healthy digestive system.
6. Bananas: Another must-have food for runners are bananas. These energy boosting fruits are loaded with potassium which regulates blood pressure and reduce the risk of strokes in runners.
7. Oatmeal: Filling breakfast of oatmeal provides high quality carbohydrates and high fibers.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 24 years old and I am having a pregnancy of 14 weeks I want to abort a child without any surgery is it possible and how much time will it take to recover.
I had my last period in may. Since then I had some brown spotting only. My preg test at home turned negative. My doc has given me beta hcg test which is yet to be done. Meanwhile ultrasound diagnosed by her says my uterine wall have become quite thick. What could be the reason. Pls suggest.
I am 42 years female unmarried and since last two times my periods are getting delayed. Please let me know what are the reason and how I can regularize my menstruation cycle with the help of herbals which are easily available in the market?
Last month I had periods starting from 12 but bleeding stopped in two days. I had sex on 15 and bleeding started again and lasted for 3 days. This month I didn't get periods and feeling pain in my vagina. What could be the matter? Please help. Is there any chance of pregnancy given we used precaution in form of condom.
There is brown vaginal discharge from 5-6 days and my menstrual period was 14aug-19aug. I want to know that there is a normal discharge or any disease symptom.
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history, and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
* Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
* Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
* Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the child bearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
* Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
* Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
* Treatment: Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.