Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. T.k. Venkatesh KumarYour feedback matters!
Infection is generally understood as the invasion into the body tissues by certain foreign bodies, such as bacteria, parasite and virus. They are transmissible diseases and can be transmitted from one person to the other via sneezing, coughing or physical contact. They can be mild, moderate or severe.
- They can be acute that is can last for a short time or chronic that lasts for a long time or a latent infection that may not cause any symptoms at first but reactivates and resurfaces over a period of time.
- Although each infection has its own distinct symptom, generally these symptoms include fever, swelling, redness, inflammation, burning, cough, diarrhea, fatigue, muscular pain, nausea, vomiting, rapid pulse or rapid breathing.
- If the patient has severe headache, difficulty in breathing, painful swelling, and unexplained prolonged fever or cough, he or she should immediately consult a doctor.
Conventional drugs that are given to treat infections like antibiotics, antiviral, antihistamines and steroids have many side effects on the human body . They, on one hand hampers the digestive power of the system and on the other hand lower the immunity power of the body. In the long run, these medicines can have adverse effects on the body. Though conventional drugs suppress the disease for some time, the disease tends to resurface in future.
However, Homeopathy has been found to be a great success in treating both acute and chronic infections. The best part is that, there are no side effects of this treatment and the disease is cured permanently. Homeopathy also boosts our immune system so that the body naturally develops the strength to fight against infections in future, when foreign bodies invade. Homeopathic medicines have also proved to be effective as preventive measures against infections.
Some of the homeopathic medicines for the treatment of most common infections are discussed below:
- Throat infections: Belladonna, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Phytolacca, and Mercurius are most commonly administered to cure throat infections.
- Skin infection: Common homeopathic remedies are Sulphur, Calendula, Hypericum, Silica, and Hepar sulfuris.
- Bladder infection: Berberis, Chimaphila, Hydrastis, Apis, Cantharis, and Sarsaparilla are commonly prescribed.
- Stomach infection: Arsenic album, Nux vomica, Carbo veg, Lycopodium, and Pulsatilla are commonly recommended
- Sinus infection: Kali bichromicum, Pulsatilla, Mercurius, Natrum muriaticum, and Allium cepa work well in cases of sinus infections.
Note: Although, the names of the medicines have been mentioned here, still it is strongly recommended that no medicine should be consumed without consulting a homeopathic doctor. The potency and dosage of the medicine will vary from person to person and can only be decided by a trained practitioner.
Technology is opening doors to innovation in patient care and rehabilitation, ranging from robotics to social media and beyond.
Patients who have suffered trauma, strokes, spinal cord injuries, hip fractures or neurological disorders, the key to a quicker recovery lies in technology and skilled physical therapists,
The new technique, details of which are reported in the journal of neurotrauma, is believed to represent the first time patients have regained voluntary leg movement without the need for invasive treatments such as surgery.
Instead, scientists utilized electrical stimulation therapy and physical rehabilitation exercises to treat patients.
"the potential to offer a life-changing therapy to patients without requiring surgery would be a major advance; it could greatly expand the number of individuals who might benefit from spinal stimulation"
Stimulation was elicited by a device called an epidural stimulator, which needed to be surgically implanted into the patient's spinal cord.
An ongoing computer science PHD with the school of computing and information engineering at the university of ulster, Coleraine, investigating how the principles of computer & video game design can be effectively applied to upper-limb stroke rehabilitation.
Rehabilitating finer movements such as reach, grasp, manipulation and release of objects. The advantage of using this technology is that real objects of different shape, size and weight can be used, with the potential of rehabilitating meaningful and transferable skills. The games work with a standard PC and webcam and so are very low-cost and potentially suitable for home use. The games are currently in early stages.