Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. T. ChandrashekarYour feedback matters!
I have 22 months german shepherd female. N she is not eating properly. . Her health is not developing .
A small puppy 2 months old of a dog has biten me yesterday night, although it is a minor scratch but some blood came out of it. The same dog was found dead today afternoon, due to unknown reasons but most probably due to dog fight or may be others. I have consulted a doctor she prescribed me 5 doses of Rabipur vaccine and a tetanus injection, I have taken 1 each of them within 17 hours of the bite. The remaining 4 doses of the Rabipur vaccine I have to take upto 22 March, in a schedule. My question is do I need to take any further advice or preventive vaccine or medicines also is there any other problem which can arise out of the same.
I have one german shepherd dog. 4 years old. my dog health good. but last 4 month every 15 days get conversion. i give tablet gardenal 60 mg but not effect please give good salutation.
I have a cat accidentally she pour kerosene oil on her on 10 may 2017 till yesterday she was silent but fine but today whole the day she is sleeping not moving only silent and sleeping can not move quickly may be she inhaled kerosene oil please suggest what to do I dnt want my cat to die.
These's been a lot of hair loss in my dog I have been using petglow tonic from a couple of days but there's no improvement.
My dog is a lab , he's perfectly alright , behaving well , playing , drinking water and his urine is also white but his appetite has suddenly fallen , he hardly eats but plays fine , sleeps fine . What can this be ?
My 10 months labrador, for past 2 days sits and drag his but on ground and lick it several times. I saw his butt (anal, it was a little reddish and there was a itching redness near his anal. Please suggest me what to do?
My dog is 1 month old. It is a Pomeranian breed. What all food can be given to him? Can I give him a bath?
Many animals receive “kennel cough” vaccines that include bordetella and cpi and cav-2 every 6 to 9 months without evidence that this frequency of vaccination is necessary or beneficial. In contrast, other dogs are never vaccinated for kennel cough and diseases are not seen. Cpi immunity lasts at least 3 years when given intranasally and cav -2 immunity lasts a minimum of 7 years parenterally for cav-i. These two virus in combination with bordetella bronchiseptica are the agents, which are often associated with kennel cough, however, other factors play an important role in diseases (eg. Stress, dust, humidity, molds, mycoplasma, etc.).
Thus, kennel cough is not a vaccine preventable disease because of the complex factors associated with this disease. Furthermore, this is often a mild to moderate self limiting disease. It's just like common cold in humans. A course of antibiotics usually is enough to treat the condition. I generally do not recommend kennel cough vaccines unless dogs are staying in a boarding facility that requires them.
Sir/mam, my dog (5 years old) is suffering with urine problem, i.e. He urinates but dropwise. He is otherwise active n takes meals properly There is no pain in stomach on pressing. Few days back he ate the whole small pack of pedigree and after that this happened. I gave him dexona n now giving norflox400. Pls help.
I have a German Spitz of 2 years 3 months, he suffered from jaundice some days back he if fine now but i am still worried because doctor recommended 3 injections but he did not take the last injections .Will it show problem later in his health
Caring for your horse can make this strong animal healthier and interactive and a long-lived companion for you. Horses are quite hardy and amazing animals but they require good care for sustainable health and prevention of diseases. Horse owners, particularly those who are inexperienced are often unaware of what they should do to care for their horse and with these few tips, the task of caring for your horse would not be quite difficult.
- Take your horse to the grooming area: When you have a horse, you must also have a distinct space outside the regular stall where you groom your pet. You must tie it up so that it cannot wander about when you are trying to groom it. Grooming the horse can be a messy job and thus, you should wear old and rugged clothes.
- Cleaning the dust off the horse’s coat: A rubber curry brush would help you to loosen up the dirt seated on the coat. You will have to move the brush in a circular motion over its body except for the face and legs since there is a chance of hurting the sensitive skin on these areas. A dandy brush would aid in removing the dirt from the surface of the coat and you should move the brush in short strokes so that the dirt falls off its coat. It is important to ensure that you are clearing the dirt in a flicking motion as it would otherwise cause irritation and itchiness on the horse’s skin.
- Use electric clippers for trimming the hair: If there are areas which need to get trimmed, you should invest in a good quality electric clipper for trimming off the hair and make your horse’s coat appear more neat and polished. You can also use a mane comb for untangling the tail and mane of your horse but you should be gentle and careful while using your fingers so that no hair is broken or pulled out.
- Bathe your companion as required: If you think that your pet horse is too dirty, you should give it a bath. It can start with showering down the whole body with lukewarm water for clearing off all the dirt in the coat and prepare it for shampooing. You can look for shampoo specifically designed for the horse and massage the coat with the help of a curry brush and then rinse off thoroughly. After rinsing off the shampoo, you should apply conditioner, leave it for a few minutes and wash off.
A good quality hay devoid of insects, mites and dust and plenty of water is essential for your horse to survive and be fit and active. Also, small amounts of grains all through the day, particularly during the cooler hours would also contribute to its health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have a pet bitch of mix breed pedigree. She is 7 years old. The problem is thats for more around 10-12 days she is not eating properly (eats nothing) and her potty gttn worse. Now at this position how to make her feed. Is there any medicine to appetite her. please tell me the remedy I am in distress.
House training is accomplished by rewarding your puppy for eliminating where you want him to go (outside) AND by preventing him from urinating or defecating in unacceptable places (inside the house). You should keep crating and confinement to a minimum, but some amount of restriction is usually necessary for your puppy to learn to “hold it.” (To learn how to crate train your puppy, please see our article, Weekend Crate Training.)
How Long It Will Take
Some puppies learn where and where not to eliminate at a very young age, while others take longer to understand. Most puppies can be reasonably housetrained by four to six months of age. However, some puppies are not 100% reliable until they are eight to twelve months of age. Some puppies seem to catch on early but then regress. This is normal. Keep in mind that it may take a while for your puppy to develop bowel and bladder control. He may be mentally capable of learning to eliminate outdoors instead of inside, but he may not yet be physically capable of controlling his body.
How Often Your Puppy Needs to Go Out
All puppies are different, but a puppy can usually only hold his waste for the same number of hours as his age in months. (In other words, a four-month-old pup should not be left alone for more than four consecutive hours without an opportunity to go outside.) He can last longer at night, however, since he’s inactive (just like we can). By the time your pup is about four months old, he should be able to make it through the night without going outside.
House Training Steps
1. Keep your puppy on a consistent daily feeding schedule and remove food between meals.
2. Take the puppy outside on a consistent schedule. Puppies should be taken out every hour, as well as shortly after meals, play and naps. All puppies should go out first thing in the morning, last thing at night and before being confined or left alone.
3. In between these outings, know where your puppy is at all times. You need to watch for early signs that he needs to eliminate so that you can anticipate and prevent accidents from happening. These signs include pacing, whining, circling, sniffing or leaving the room. If you see any of these, take your puppy outside as quickly as possible. Not all puppies learn to let their caretakers know that they need to go outside by barking or scratching at the door. Some will pace a bit and then just eliminate inside. So watch your puppy carefully.
4. If you can’t watch your puppy, he must be confined to a crate or a small room with the door closed or blocked with a baby gate. Alternatively, you can tether him to you by a leash that does not give him much leeway around you (about a six-foot leash). Gradually, over days or weeks, give your puppy more freedom, starting with freedom a small area, like the kitchen, and gradually increasing it to larger areas, or multiple rooms, in your home. If he eliminates outside, give him some free time in the house (about 15 to 20 minutes to start), and then put him back in his crate or small room. If all goes well, gradually increase the amount of time he can spend out of confinement.
5. Accompany your puppy outside and reward him whenever he eliminates outdoors with praise, treats, play or a walk. It’s best to take your puppy to the same place each time because the smells often prompt puppies to eliminate. Some puppies will eliminate early on in a walk. Others need to move about and play for a bit first.
6. If you catch your puppy in the act of eliminating inside, clap sharply twice, just enough to startle but not scare him. (If your puppy seems upset or scared by your clapping, clap a little softer the next time you catch him in the act.) When startled, the puppy should stop in mid-stream. Immediately run with him outside, encouraging him to come with you the whole way. (If necessary, take your puppy gently by the collar to run him outside.) Allow your pup to finish eliminating outside, and then reward him with happy praise and a small treat. If he has nothing to eliminate when he gets outside, don’t worry. Just try to be more watchful of him in the house in the future. If your puppy has an accident but you don’t catch him in the act and only find the accident afterward, do nothing to your pup. He cannot connect any punishment with something he did hours or even minutes ago.
Additional House Training Tips
Clean accidents with an enzymatic cleanser to minimize odors that might attract the puppy back to the same spot.
Once your puppy is house trained in your home, he may still have accidents when visiting others’ homes. That’s because puppies need to generalize their learning to new environments. Just because they seem to know something in one place does NOT mean that they’ll automatically know that thing everywhere. You’ll need to watch your puppy carefully when you visit new places together and be sure to take him out often.
Likewise, if something in your puppy’s environment changes, he may have a lapse in house training. For example, a puppy might seem completely house trained until you bring home a large potted tree—which may look to him like a perfect place to lift his leg!
House training does require an investment of time and effort—but it can be done! If you’re consistent, your hard work will pay off. Hang in there! If you need help, don’t hesitate to contact a qualified professional, such as a Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT), a Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist (CAAB or Associate CAAB) or a board-certified veterinary behaviorist (Dip ACVB). To find one of these experts in your area, please see our article, Finding Professional Help.
What NOT to Do
Do not rub your puppy’s nose in his waste.
Do not scold your dog for eliminating indoors. Instead, if you catch him in the act, make a noise to startle him and stop him from urinating or defecating. Then immediately show your dog where you want him to go by running with him outside, waiting until he goes, and then praising and rewarding him.
Do not physically punish your puppy for accidents (hitting with newspaper, spanking, etc.). Realize that if your puppy has accidents in the house, you failed to adequately supervise him, you did not take him outside frequently enough, or you ignored or were unaware of his signals that he needed to go outside.
Do not confine your puppy to a small area for hours each day, without doing anything else to correct the problem.
Do not crate your puppy if he’s soiling in the crate.
If your puppy enjoys being outside, don’t bring him inside right after he eliminates or he may learn to “hold it” so that he can stay outside longer.
Do not clean with an ammonia-based cleanser. Urine contains ammonia. Cleaning with ammonia could attract your puppy back to the same spot to urinate again. Instead, use an enzymatic cleaner. You can find one at some grocery stores or any major pet store.
Depression in humans is well-known and well-documented, but depression in dogs is less known and studies have not been extended up to a deep level till now. As we say dogs are better known as "humans", it is natural for them to feel low and depressed at times. Some of the dog owners must have noticed that all of a sudden their dogs start acting in a way which is very unlike them. Sometimes, they find places to hide constantly or are spotted to be sleeping all day long.
The reasons for such depression are more or less the same in every species and can be interpreted as the following:
- Abusing: Just like humans, dogs get psychologically affected by the way their owner treats them. If you abuse your dog in a way in which it was not raised up, it is sure that your dog will slip into depression and in a few cases, might display some signs of aggression too.
- Critical depression: Critical depression occurs due to some changes in the dog's body. Chemical imbalances may provoke certain behaviors; one of them could be depression. In such situations, it is recommended to take your dog to a Veterinarian in order to seek professional help.
- Grief: If your dog's companion or its known faces drift away, it affects the dog’s behavior massively and may result into depression. This is because with time, the dogs develop strong emotional bonds and it gets hard for them to handle themselves in their absence.
- Aging: Aging is another reason behind your dog's depression. It is very simple to know and understand too that your dog will not be as energetic as it was in its young days. Also, sometimes sensing that their lifespan is about to end may lead them into depression.
How To Deal With It?
By being compassionate, as most of the times your dog may feel depressed because of the treatment you offer to it. They always want to be loved and adored by their owners and this cures everything unnatural happening with them. Try to play with them whenever you come back home, feed them gently, run your fingers through their fur and be extra attentive. All of these will enlighten their mood. Alternatively, you may try out other methods like going out for a walk twice a day, let it socialize with others in the park, let it feel loved more than anything.
For critical depression and grief, it is better to take recommendation from a Veterinarian. Try being patient with your dog about everything. Not all dogs recover rapidly. Hence, before snapping at it again, give it some time and don't pressurize it for anything that comes from its master affects it the deepest. For more comfort, you may bring a new pet which would be its companion for the entire day. Be cautious about the situation and selection. Sometimes they become envious due to such occurrences. Make sure they both get along well.
Osteoarthritis is related with genetic predisposition, inherited problems or defects in bones & joints. This painful condition often requires veterinary pain killers, supplements which protects bones and joints, scientific measures like controlled exercise, swimming & physiotherapy under the veterinary medical supervision. As pollution related features can bring such disorders causing free radical damage, this problem can be managed and a quality living for the pets can be provided with the application of advanced medicines like glucosamine, chondroitin sulphate, MSM, micronutrients ete. Many commercial diets are available which can nourish pets skeletal system effectively and a good plane of nutrition can guard a pet from gaining extra body weight which aggravates osteoarthritis. A perfect dietary and lifestyle management therefore is highly essential for combating such painful disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Veterinarian.
Vaccination in dog
टीकाकरण की प्रकिया एक ऐसा उपाय है जिससे, कुत्तो में होने वाली कुछ प्रमुख विषाणु एवं जीवाणु जनित जानलेवा एवं लाइलाज, बीमारियों जैसे कैनाइन डिस्टेंपर, हेपेटाइटिस, पार्वो वायरस, लेप्टोस्पायरोसिस, रेबीज तथा केनल कफ़ आदि से बचाव के लिए समय समय पर कुत्तों के शरीर में टीका लगाया जाता है,जिससे इन रोगों के खिलाफ रोगप्रतिरोधक क्षमता का शारीर में विकास हो जाता है और हमारा पालतू जानवर एक सिमित अवधि तक इन बिमारियों के घातक प्रभाव से बचा रहता है |
कुछ टीकाकरण संबंधी सामान्य प्रश्नो के जबाब -
१- क्या सभी उम्र के कुत्तो का टीकाकरण जरूरी होता है?
हाँ। आमतौर पर १. ५ महीने (४५ दिन) के उम्र से ऊपर सभी कुत्तो का नियमित समय पर टीकाकरण करना जरूरी होता है यदि किसी कारण वश नयमिति या कभी कराया ही न गया हो तो किसी भी उम्र से टीकाकरण शुरू किया जा सकता है।
२. छोटे बच्चो को किस उम्र से टीका का पहली खुराक देना शुरू करना चाहिए?
४५ दिन के उम्र से ही टीके की पहली खुराक देना बेहद जरूरी होता है
३. क्या सभी छोटे पप्स को टीकाकरण के पहले पेट के कीड़े देना जरूरी होता है -
हाँ। बहुत से परजीवी ऐसे होते है जो माँ के पेट से ही या दूध के जरिये से बच्चे के शरीर में प्रवेश कर जाते है जिससे शरीर को कमजोर कर देते है और जब टीका लगाया जाता है तो कमजोरी के वजह से उतना अच्छा शरीर में प्रतिरोधक छमता का विकास नहीं हो पता इसलिए पहले ऐसे परजीवीओ को नष्ट करना जरूरी होता है
४. क्या होता है टीकाकरण का सही उम्र और समयांतराल?
१. पहली खुराक -जन्म के ६ -८ सप्ताह के उपरांत(कैनाइन डिस्टेंपर, हेपेटाइटिस, पार्वो वायरस, लेप्टोस्पायरोसिस, पैराइन्फ़्लुएन्ज़ा हेतु)
२. बूस्टर खुराक या दूसरी खुराक - प्रथम खुराक के २-३ सप्ताह बाद ; फिर दूसरी खुराक के ठीक एक साल बाद वार्षिक खुराक साल में एक बार पूरी उम्र तक लगवाते रहना चाहिए।
३. तीसरी खुराक - रेबीज वायरस हेतु- प्रथम खुराक जन्म के ३ माह के उपरान्त।
४. बूस्टर खुराक या चौथी खुराक - तीसरी खुराक के २-३ सप्ताह बाद ; फिर तीसरी खुराक के ठीक एक साल बाद वार्षिक खुराक साल में एक बार पूरी उम्र तक लगवाते रहना चाहिए।
५. क्या बूस्टर खुराक देना जरूरी होता है या नहीं?
जन्म के साथ ही माँ से प्राप्त एंटीबाडीज और प्रथम दूध से मिलने वाली सुरछा कवच कुछ सप्ताह तक नवजात के खून में मौज़ूद रह करअनेको बीमारयों से सुरछा प्रदान करती है परन्तु समय के साथ साथ इनकी मात्रा बच्चे के शरीर में कम होने लगती है। जिससे बीमारी होने की आशंका बढ़ जाती है इसलिए लगभग ४५ दिन के बाद टिका का प्रथम खुराक देते है यद्पि ये पता नहीं रहता की माँ से मिलने वाली सुरछा का असर किस स्तर का है जिससे आमतौर पर ये स्तर अधिक होने पर प्रथम खुराक से बच्चे के शरीर में टीकाकरण की गुणवत्ता को बाधित करती है, जो की पप्पस में रोगप्रतिरोधक क्षमता उत्पन्न करने में असक्षम हो जाता है इसलिए कुछ सप्ताह बाद टीकाकरण के दूसरी खुराक दे कर टीकाकरण से रोगप्रतिरोधक क्षमता करने के उद्देश्य को प्राप्त करते है ऐसी दूसरी खुराक को बूस्टर खुराक कहते है।
६. क्या है टीकाकरण की सही खुराक देने के मात्रा:
डॉग चाहे किसी भी उम्र, भार, लिंग अथवा नस्ल के हों उनको समान मात्रा में टीकाकरण का खुराक दिया जाता है
७. क्या है टीकाकरण का सही तरीका:
टीकाकरण खाल के नीचे:कैनाइन डिस्टेंपर, हेपेटाइटिस, पार्वो वायरस, लेप्टोस्पायरोसिस, पैराइन्फ़्लुएन्ज़ा तथा रेबीज जैसी बीमारियों की रोकथाम के लिए खाल के नीचे दिया जाता है
नथुनों में:केनल कफ़ का टीकाकरण कुत्ते के नथुनों में दवा डाल कर किया जाता है
८. क्या सभी टीके एक ही प्रकार के होते है:कुत्तों में टीकाकरण दो प्रकार की होती है
१. कोर टीकाकरण - टीकाकरण जो सभी कुत्तों के लिये आवश्यक है. यह उन बिमारीयों में दिया जाता है जो आसानी से फैलती हैं अथवा घातक होती हैं जैसे रेबीज, एडीनोवायरस, पार्वोवायरस, और डिस्टेंपर.
२. नान कोर टीकाकरण – उपरोक्त ४ बिमाँरीयों (रेबीज, एडीनोवायरस, पार्वोवायरस, और डिस्टेंपर) के टीकाकरण को छोड़कर अन्य सभी नानकोर टीकाकरण माना जाता है | यह उन बिमाँरियों से सुरक्षा प्रदान करता है जो वातावरण के अनावरण अथवा जीवनचर्या पर निर्भर करती है जैसे लाइम डिजीज, केनलकफ और लेप्टोस्पाइरोसिस.
९. एक सफल टीकाकरण करने के बाद क्या फिर भी टीकाकरण विफल हो सकता है?हाँ।
टीकाकरण के विफलता के कारण कुत्ते में बीमारी होने के निम्नलिखित मुख्य कारण हो सकते है –
१. टीकाकरण के दौरान कुत्ते की रोगप्रतिरोधक क्षमता का सम्पूर्ण रूप से कार्य न करना |
२.आयु – कम उम्र के जानवरों की प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली पूर्णतः विकसित नही होती और बड़े आयु के जानवरों की प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली कई कारणों से अक्सर कमज़ोर या क्षीण हो जाती है |
३. मानवीय चूक (टीके का अनुचित संग्रहण या अनुचित मिश्रण)- टीकों का संग्रहण एवं इस्तेमाल भी निर्देशानुसार ही होना आवश्यक है | सूरज की रोशनी,गर्म तापमान टीके के प्रभाव को नस्ट कर सकता है | टीके का मिश्रण पशु में टीकाकरण के तुरंत पहले तैयार करना चाहिए | टीके खरीदने के पहले पता करना चाहिए कि टीकों को उचित तापमान एवं देखभाल से रखा गया है या नहीं |
४. डीवार्मिंग – टीकाकरण करने के पहले पेट के कीड़े मारने के लिए डीवर्मिंग करना आवश्यक है, वरना इस तरह का तनाव टीकाकरण के प्रभाव को कम कर सकता है |
५. गलत सीरोटाईप / स्टेन का इस्तेमाल – प्रतिरक्षा प्रतिक्रिया बहुत विशिष्ट होती है | अतः टीके में होने वाली जीवाणु या विषाणु की सही स्टेन होनी चाहिए वरना उससे उत्पन्न होने वाली प्रतिरक्षा जानवर में सही तौर पर सुरक्षा नहीं कर पाती |
६. अनुवांशिक बीमारियाँ – कुछ जानवरों में आनुवंशिक बिमारियों की वजह से सभी रोगों के लिए प्रतिरोधक छमता सामान्य तौर पर कम ही उत्पन्न हो पाती है |
७. वैक्सीन की गुणवत्ता – टीके में प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को प्रोत्साहित करने के लिए प्रयाप्त मात्रा में प्रतिजनी की मात्रा होना चाहिए वरना टीकाकरण के बाद प्रतिरक्षा प्रतिक्रिया प्रयाप्त नहीं होती है |
८. पुराने या अवधि समाप्त टीके – पुराने टीकों में आवश्यक प्रतिजनी गुण समाप्त या कम हो जाता है | इस तरह के टीके लगाने से जानवरों को बेमतलब तनाव दिया जाता है |
९. टीकाकरण का अनुचित समय – टीका निर्माता के निर्देशों के अनुसार टीकाकरण का समय (उम्र एवं मौसम के अनुसार), लगाने का तरीका एवं मात्रा तथा दोबारा लगाये जाने की अवधि, इत्यादि निश्चित होता है |इन निर्देशों का पालन सही समय पर न करने से टीकाकरण विफल या निष्क्रिय हो जाता है |
१०. पोषण की स्तिथि- कुपोषण की वजह से जिन पशुओं में पोषक तत्वों की कमी रह जाती है उनमे टीकाकरण के बाद भी प्रतिरोधक छमता सामान्य तौर पे कम ही उत्पन्न हो पाती है |
10. क्या वैक्सीन लगते समय कुत्ते पर कोई दुस्प्रभाव हो सकते है? हाँ
कुछ कुत्तो प्रतिरोधक छमता अधिक सक्रिय होने की वजह से कुछ सामान्य लचण जैसे ज्वर, उल्टी, दस्त, लासीका ग्रंथियों का सूजना, मुख का सूजना, हीव्स, यकृत विफलता और कभी -कभी मौत भी हो सकती है।