Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Syeda Mubashira (P.T)
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Syeda Mubashira (P.T)Your feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Could be Recti Divarication
Diastasis Recti/Recti Divarication/Abdominal splitting is a midline separation of muscles of the abdominal wall. A palpable midline gap of more than 2 1/2 cm or any visible bulging on exertion is considered as Recti Divarication.
This separation is a normal occurrence of pregnancy, which is only a problem if the muscles do not go back to their correct position.
How does it happen?
Diastasis Recti Abdominis commonly occurs around the umbilicus. It is a result of abdominal musculature stretch weakness from maternal hormonal changes and increased tension by the growing uterus. Diastasis Recti can occur in varying degrees during pregnancy and may not resolve spontaneously in the postpartum period.
Why treatment of Recti Divarication is necessary?
Diastasis Recti (Abdominal Splitting) is commonly seen in women who have multiple pregnancies, which will make the muscles weaker.
Back problems account for more than 12 million visits to doctors each year. Besides the common cold, back pain results in more lost workdays than any other physical affliction in persons under the age of 45. Back problems can lead to nerve irritation. When the nerve gets involved then pain starts radiating mostly either to upper arm or if its lower backache then downs the leg, a condition called sciatica can develop.
Tailbone pain can be defined as:
In very simple way: when walking becomes easy than sitting in luxury car.
Coccydynia is a medical term meaning pain in the coccyx or tailbone area (end part of the spine), usually brought by:
- Standing becomes easier then sitting: -tailbone pain/coccydynia
- Back problems account for more than 12 million visits to doctors each year. Besides the common cold, back pain results in more lost workdays than any other physical affliction in persons under the age of 45. Back problems can lead to nerve irritation. When the nerve gets involved then pain starts radiating mostly either to upper arm or if its lower backache then downs the leg, a condition called sciatica can develop.
Tailbone pain can be defined as:
- In very simple way: when walking becomes easy than sitting in luxury car.
- Coccydynia is a medical term meaning pain in the coccyx or tailbone area (end part of the spine), usually brought by: -
- Sitting abruptly, or continuous sitting as in software jobs, (50-60%).
- Fall on buttocks, accidently or due to sports injury like skiing, rugby, volleyball, football, cricket, etc.
- Post pregnancy,
- Bike or car accident, fracture coccyx.
- It is very similar to low back pain and shows more or less same symptoms as low back pain, so it is very important to differentiate it with low back pain by proper diagnostic procedures.
• pain during or after sitting, the level of pain depending on how long you sit.
• acute pain while moving from sitting to standing.
• pain caused by sitting on a soft and hard surfaces.
• deep ache around the coccyx.
• sensitivity to finger pressure on the tip of tailbone.
• rectal burning.
• shooting pains down the leg.
• like sitting on a knife.
• pain during bowel movements, and sometimes before.
• pain during sexual intercourse, either in men or women.
• increased pain around the time of a woman's monthly period - this may be due to variations in the levels of estradiol.
Other similar conditions same as tail bone pain-
Pilonidal sinus, pudendal neuralgia also known as alcock canal syndrome, piriformis syndrome.
To avoid damage-
• lean forward
• find comfortable clothes,
• standing while others sit,
• comfortable position for sex.
This condition has been neglected and not they’re in practice because of lack of awareness, and knowledge of treatment. Ultimately we are forgetting that we are inviting so many diseases and health problems because of lack of exercises.
As it affects the private parts of our body therefore so many people feel shy and avoid sharing with their family, friends which leads to delay in treatment and by the time they reach us its already few years late.
In 80% of low back pain and tail bone pain conditions physical treatment, which would include spinal adjustments (specific manipulation of the spine), posture correction and lower back exercises works very well and most of the cases can avoid surgery to a large extent.