Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Syed ZiauddinYour feedback matters!
I am 25 my teeth's are on yellow color can you tell me how to get white teeth's naturally, thanking you sir/madam.
Hello doc, Sensations in teeth aft cleaning even after 3 months still persists. As adviced by dentist frnd, I am using colgate sensative pro relief. But still m nt feelling any improvement. So shoud i consult a nearby dentist ?
A bright, white smile can make a world of difference in one's expression and confidence. Tooth discoloration can therefore, be a frustrating impediment to achieving the brilliant smile you deserve. Worse yet, some stains are absorbed deep below the surface, making them seemingly impossible to remove. Fortunately, there are numerous treatment options available to expunge or conceal discoloration, helping patients restore the natural color of their teeth.
What causes stained teeth?
Many dentists believe that it can occur to people within the age groups of 2 to 49. There are many causes that can be associated with discoloration of teeth such as consuming acidic food items as they tend to leave stains on the teeth.
Age is also one of the most important factors that contribute to discoloration of teeth. Other than that beverages such as coffee and alcohol also take away the whiteness of teeth leaving them yellow and stained. There are many remedies for stained teeth both medical and natural. One can conveniently choose accordingly but also consult their dentist before going ahead with their decision.
Types of Tooth Discoloration
Before deciding on a procedure, it's important to understand the type of discoloration present on your teeth. Some stains are more easily removable than others, and as such, may require alternative forms of treatment.
- Extrinsic Stains: Also called surface stains, these are the most common source of discoloration. Extrinsic stains tend to result in the general darkening or yellowing of teeth, especially along the edges and near the gums. These are typically caused by food, drink, and tobacco use.
- Intrinsic Stains: Also called deep stains, these tend to be smaller yet more noticeable. As opposed to widespread discoloration, intrinsic stains are localized and a distinctly separate color from surrounding tooth tissue. These are most often caused by medication, overexposure to fluoride, trauma, disease, or enamel erosion.
Whereas surface stains exist within or above the enamel, deep stains are embedded within the inner dentin tissue. Consequently, surface stains are more easily removable.
Treating Surface Stains
Because surface stains can be removed, they are primarily treated through a simple teeth whitening procedure. Teeth whitening is both safe and long-lasting, allowing patients to restore the color of their smile without any dental restorations.
Treating Deep Stains
Patients looking to restore balance to a smile should consider concealing such stains via restorations. The two most common methods of masking discoloration are dental bonding and porcelain veneers:
- Dental Bonding: A bonding procedure includes the use of composite resin, which is applied over the surface of a tooth. The tooth is first coated with a layer of tooth-colored resin before the resin is hardened with an ultraviolet light, with additional layers added as needed. The resin thus conceals any discoloration beneath it, while blending in with adjacent enamel.
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers are used as a replacement for the surface of a tooth, enhancing it in both color and form. It is an excellent way to alter its overall outward appearance.
Well, your choice of treatment should be the result of an in-depth discussion with your dentist.
I can't eat spicy food because it burns my tongue and my face become red, I don't know what should I do, please give me a best treatment.
M suffering from bad breath from last 6 month I brush my teeth properly twice a day but m nt getting cure from it. What is the solution for it.
I have bad smell from mouth from last 5 years. I got rid from two cavities 2 years back and these cavities had been for 1-2 years in my mouth. I had one of these cavity-tooth root canaled with a ceramic cap and after 7 days I found a black line at the bottom of it. I have some stains on my teeth. I went to the dentist for bad smell but he said that everything was ok. But from last year I experience that everyone covers their noses when I go near them no matter whether I speak or not. I doubt that bad smell is coming from my nose also. I went to ENT doctor but he also said that all was ok. What should I do now.
Muje lemon khane ya juice pine ke bad kuch khaya nahi jata or tooth me pain hota he. 2-4 din tak me kuch bhi nahi kha pata.
I have general discomfort and pain while I open the jaw (left side). When my jaw is closed I feel a weird kind of dullness and heaviness on my left face (including my eyes). My temples almost always hurt on palpation (both). Even my eyebrows hurt when I press them. (Sharp pain). My jaw deviates a little sometimes when I open it, though at other times it is not noticeable. Also opening of the jaw isn' t as smooth as it used to be, I have make conscious effort to open the jaw and while I open it, it hurts. I have been suspecting TMJ disorder, but couldn' t make out if it is muscle related or bone related. Also, could it be TN? I am 24 year old male and have been suffering from it since last 6 months.
Hello Dr. By brother has some yellowish spots on his teeth's. According to doctors v consulted they r due to water problem (excess florine. Dr. Can you please tll how to remove them. In less time period except gng to dentists.
My teeth is very pale and I drink fluoride water 7-8 years and current I brushed everyday but no improvement in my teeth also want treatment for white them. I want to clean and whitish without any damage someone says that it may gape in your teeth. Thats right or not.
I have bruxism (grinding teeth during sleep) since childhood. I am 27 now. Is it a psychological disorder? If yes is there any remedy for it.
Tooth decay is treated removing the damaged portion of your tooth and substituting it with ‘fillings’. Fillings can be made up of different materials such as silver amalgam, porcelain, gold or even plastic. Hence these plastic, tooth-colored, glass mixtures that are used to restore decayed teeth are known as composite fillings. Composites are also used for changing the color of or reshaping disfigured teeth.
How are they placed?
The dentist sets the composite in layers employing a specialized UV Laser light to harden each of the layers. After this, the dentist moulds the composite to fit in your tooth. The composite is then polished to prevent premature staining or wearing out of the composite. Good shaping and polishing of the tooth to produces a virtually invisible restoration.
When are composite fillings used?
White fillings can be used for cosmetic options as well.
- Short or spaced out teeth: Composites are able to reshape any deformed teeth or add length to a tooth.
- Cracked or chipped teeth: It can fill in any chips or worn down teeth to appear healthy yet again.
- Smile Makeover: It does not require for healthy tooth structure to be removed unlike a veneer
Preventive dentistry: The molars in the back have deep groves on the sides that food particles can get trapped in causing infection. The composite can be filled in those areas as a preventative.
Advantages of Composites:
- The shade of the composite filling is well suited to match the color of your existing teeth.
- They can chemically bond to your tooth structure, rendering additional support.
- Composite fillings are also used to mend broken or cracked teeth.
- With composite filling, not much of your tooth structure needs to be taken off as compared to amalgam fillings.
Precautions with Tooth coloured fillings
- Composite fillings wear faster as compared to silver fillings should be replaced within 3-7 years.
- Need regular follow up care or maintenance as they are subject to microleakage.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.