Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Syed MunnirYour feedback matters!
My dad is 91 and is in ICU for weak lungs weak heart and weak brain. What should be the line if treatment
Dear Dr. I am 52 years old weighing about 94 kg height of 5'9 and currently on medication for hypertension and cholesterol and blood thinners. To deal with these medicines I have been having a pantocid 20 mg once a day. I have gone through angiogram also no blocks but considering family history I take telma 40 mg avas 10 mg clopilet 75 mg infact should I continue all the above my bp is always around 110/65 or70 and ldl is around 68 to 75 am I over medicating myself due to these medicines I have become an otrivin dependent due to nasal blockage please suggest.
I am feeling pain in my chest muscle from last few days. I feel it when I awake in morning and more when I sleep. Although I do not feel it while breathing. I usually suffers from acidity.
I am 30 year old male, 6 feet height, 104 kg weight, suffering from chest pain, dizziness, headache, some times heavy body pain. Major issue chest pain and heaviness, headache. Facing it from last 1 year almost. Consulted with many Cardiac and Gastro doctors but still not diagnosed anything bust still facing this issue. Sometimes I have diagnosed with high blood pressure. Currently taking medicine for blood pressure from last 1 month. Need your suggestions. Why I am having such issues.
Your heart is the most important and vital organ of all and regulates the flow of heart to all parts of the body. Thus, the valves and the arteries which take the blood to your heart are also an important component in ensuring that the circulation is constant. Thus, any hindrance to this process will put a lot of pressure on your heart and lead to more serious problems in the long run. Coronary artery disease is one such problem and can seriously put the health of your heart at risk.
What is coronary heart disease?
Coronary arteries are very important blood vessels, which carry nutrients, blood and oxygen to your heart. If the level of bad cholesterol is high in your blood, it will start leaving deposits on the walls of the arteries which are commonly known as plaque. This plaque will start building up over time causing blockage of the arteries and disrupting proper blood flow. Excessive build up of the plaque may then rupture the lining of the plaque. This will then induce blood clotting and further prevent the normal flow of blood.
Primary symptoms may include
- Shortness of breath: This may occur while you are exercising or performing activities which are mildly exerting.
- Heart beats very hard and fast: Your heart may beat very hard and fast, especially when doing everyday activities such as climbing stairs or walking for a prolonged distance.
- Angina or chest pain: You may experience pain in your chest as if someone was pressing against it with a lot of force. Angina is also triggered due to stressful activities or even emotional stress. It usually occurs on the left or the middle of the chest and may even be felt in the back, arms, and neck.
- Heart attack: Heart attacks are the most common and the most serious complications of coronary heart disease. You would feel extreme pain, akin to crushing on your chest, shoulder, or arm. It may even be accompanied by jaw pain, and sweatiness.
Non invasive forms of treatment are always preferable rather than invasive surgeries or procedures to treat coronary heart disease, especially where the risk of serious complications such as heart attack are still on the lower side. Some of the treatments used for coronary heart disease are as follows:
- Making lifestyle changes: Quit smoking, reduce alcohol consumption along with consumption of regulated diet will automatically start cleaning plaque that has built up within the arteries. Losing weight also tends to help.
- Medications: Special medications can take care of cases wherein the deposits are still lesser and the plaque buildup can be removed without the requirement of extensive surgery. Anti-cholesterol medications are one example of this.
- Surgical procedures: These are usually employed when the blockage is severe and cannot be corrected by the conventional methods mentioned above. Some of the procedures are angioplasty, stent placement, as well as coronary artery bypass surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have high cholesterol problem. My HDL is always around 20. I want to increase my HDL. What should I do?
1- Eat less salt.
2- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet: increase intake of fruits, vegetables, potassium, and fiber
3- Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight
4- Manage your stress level: do something that helps you to relax when you feel stressed,
6- Limit alcohol intake: no more than two drinks per day.