Find numerous Acupuncturists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Syed Luqman AhmedYour feedback matters!
Modern hectic schedule at home as well as workplace has led to the popularity of strategic snacking. Nutrition and Snacking habits have a direct relation on energy level, mental sharpness and motivation. One must identify the right snacks that will not only fill one up without triggering the craving for more snacks.
A snack is considered to be healthy if it is packed with nutrients and its calorie level lie between 100 and 150 calories. Strategic snacking is a great way to keep a check on one's appetite maintaining the energy levels keeping the body balanced.
The following ten snacks are a powerhouse of nutrients which will keep one full and satisfied:
- In order to have a 100 calorie nut pack, make packs of 15 to 20 Almonds, Walnuts or Pistachios. The nuts are rich in protein, fibre and cholesterol-lowering unsaturated fats, which makes one feel full and have powerful antioxidants, like vitamin E.
- One can try out one medium-size raw sliced red pepper or, twelve pods of sugar snap peas or baby carrots with a snack-size 2 ounce container of hummus.
- A cup of high Protein Yogurt, blueberries, cherries, raspberries or strawberries will give 50 calories coupled with 100 calories worth 6 ounces of nonfat yogurt.
- Bars comprise of protein, fibre and healthy fats and a single bar can give 150 calories per bar. They contain nuts and dried fruit, which help minimize the calories keeping the belly full for a longer period.
- Apples and Peanut Butter are high in fibre and peanut butter is high in protein and unsaturated fat and spoonful of peanut butter can stabilize blood sugar and quell hunger.
- Light Cheese is packed with protein, which our body digests slowly so it helps one to stay full for hours. Most cheeses pack a lot of fat and calories, so only light cheese recommended as it provides 150 calories and 18 grams of protein.
- Avocados are full of Omega 3 fats and antioxidants and having an avocado with a sprinkle of olive oil and sea salt will last for the whole afternoon.
- Multigrain Corn Tortilla Chips are made with stone ground corn, flaxseed, quinoa, brown rice and chia seeds which are digested very slowly helping belly to stay full for a longer duration.
- The serving of five to ten Olives are a good source of the antioxidant vitamin E, which reduce risk for cardiovascular disease.
- It is extremely important these snacks proportioned so that one does not have to count or measure them while at work. These will keep one's belly full reducing the hunger urges and moreover these are healthy.
Sir/madam I want to gain my weight in a short time please guide me i'm 22 years old present weight is 59 my height is 5 feet 8 inches.
Hi, I met with an accident in 2007. My left knee ACL got complete teared. Is it necessary to reconstruct ACL for future, If yes can you please tell me the procedure, cost of the reconstruction surgery and recovery time.
I continuously feel weakness and get tired easily on doing heavy exercises. Please suggest me something so that I can feel better.
Since more than 6 months, after I go to loo my entire body is weaken and entire body becomes soft like cotton all muscles. Even if I do work out on that day, it does not make any difference and entire day is wasted because my total strength and stamina is lost. Now from past 15 days, the issue has worsen even further, now after loo it weakens my body dramatically and my concentration is also lost and entire body starts aching along with head. And since few days I can not just work on anything due to this issue. Its not lose motion, its just common daily loo when we go in the morning after breakfast, whenever it happens my entire stomach gets empty as if I have taken some stomach cleaner. Nowadays this has become my daily routine and it has also reduced my sexual desire totally, I do not feel any sexual pleasure. Please help or advise whom I can consult I am getting really worried.
Sir I am suffering from ankylosing spondylitis and it is causing heavy pains throughout my joints all over in my body and they are getting stiffed please tell me what is the cure for this.
She is putting on weight. In last 2 years she have gained 30 to 35 kgs of wt. She dosent eat much. And now she is 95 kg of wt. Shes 19 years old and she sleeps a lot. Unable to walk and always drouzy.
Mere husbend ka age 28 hai. Unka pet kam karne ke liye kya kar sakte hai .Baki unhe koi problem nahi hai ekdm fit hai.
I am 29 years old. But I can't improve my health, my weight is 50Kg. So how can I gain weight. And please suggest me the proper food which should I take.
What to eat to gain weight in a healthy way. I have acne so please suggest food and supplements which don't worsen acne and help me gain weight.
Dr. My 7years daughter having calcium lack. Please advice best medicine for her, and my 8 years boy is very thin and not eating food properly.
Is taking any health supplement is harm for health im very tensed about my health tell me how to make muscles and personality.
I am 26 years old I am having cervical spondylosis from last 3 years but nowadays I am suffering from too much pain in my back and joints including smaller joints pain in my hands and legs and shoulders. Is there any suggestion for me to handle myself.
Im losing weight day by day and my bones are getting weaker and having often head ache and dandruff problem and hairfall. Im not able to bear even a small hurt im getting so much weak so please suggest me what I can do?
Yoghurt is a dairy product that is produced when milk is fermented by certain bacteria. Yoghurt is also a probiotic food as it contains a host of good bacteria that help in improving the digestive system of your body. Yoghurt not only provides a good supply of proteins but also contains essential vitamins and minerals, which is one of the many reasons why it should be a part of your daily diet. Besides that, yoghurt has many other health benefits, which are -
1. It prevents osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disorder of the bone that is linked with calcium and vitamin D levels in the body. Yoghurt is a good source of both calcium and vitamin D and helps in improving the health of the bones in your body.
2. It reduces chances of high blood pressure. Yoghurt helps in reducing blood pressure as it as it is rich in potassium, and potassium is known to lessen the effect sodium has on your body. This by-product of milk is also low-fat dairy.
3. It is a probiotic contribute to weight gain. Yoghurt contains bacteria culture that is good for the digestive tract and helps in preventing many diseases such as colon cancer, bowel disorders and constipation.
4. It decreases chances of infections in the vagina. Regular consumption of yoghurt reduces chances of vaginal infections as it reduces the pH levels in the vagina.
5. Helps in feeling fuller. Yoghurt helps in feeling fuller due to its high protein content. The protein present also helps in maintaining the muscles in the body.
6. Improves brain functioning. Yoghurt contains vitamin B12 that helps in providing energy and improving the functioning of the brain.
7. Yoghurt contains iodine. Iodine is an important nutrient that helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland. Yoghurt supplies the body with iodine, which helps in preventing metabolic disorders that result from problems in the thyroid gland.
8. Helps in curing cold. The good bacteria present in yoghurt help in preventing the common cold. Not only that, they also help in recovering from respiratory infections.