Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SyedYour feedback matters!
Respected sir/mam, Wen I eat non veg or oily food my becoming black clr actually my skin tone is fair, nd wen I eat with curd de next day my face changes to fair but I hate curd, I hve listen that for changing skin tone glutathione capsules r best one, can I use it? Or please suggest any tips or prescription if required .thnq.
Which is better for covering up during a sunny day, light or dark clothes? Also, is there a danger from tanning sprays rather than tanning beds?
Hello sir/mam iam nikhil, age-18, iam suffering with dark spots on my chicks and around my eyes so please help me how can I get remove this dark spots.
My skin is becoming darker in colour frm last few days I think tht its due to sun n its tan but I m nt understanding wht to do ?
I have many dark spot on my face, many cream I already applied for that but no result, please give me a good prescription for removing dark spot from my face.
My skin has been dull and becoming so dark and dry. I have tried bio oil but after few days it was becoming more dark then I left it. Please suggest what should I do.
I have more stress and even always scratch my mustache, there is very ruff my skin any time my hand scratch my mustache and my thinking also that only what's it the solution.
HPV refers to Human Papillomavirus. This is a common virus, which has got more than 100 different types and over 40 of these types are transmitted sexually. This virus may cause cervical cancer and cases of genital warts. It is likely to occur in people who are sexually active to contract genital HPV, and it is not accompanied by any signs or symptoms. The virus is transmitted via skin to skin contact and is severely infectious in nature. Using condoms may reduce the risk of spreading of this virus, but is not always successful.
There are two major vaccines for HPV.
- Gardasil: This vaccine prevents the most common HPVs which are associated with genital and anal cancer, and also warts of both genital and anal type.
- Cervarix: This type of vaccine prevents HPV associated with the occurrence of cervical cancer.
Reasons for vaccination against HPV
HPV vaccines are recommended to girls between 11 and 12 years. It is also given to girls and women between the age of 13 and 26 years, who have never been vaccinated against HPC before. These vaccines should be given to females before they start being active sexually and get exposed to the HPV virus. Sexually active females benefit from these vaccines as well, but the effect is less.
Here are three reasons why you should vaccinate against HPV:
- All types of HPV vaccine help in the elimination of the viruses which cause cervical cancer. Viruses causing cancer in the vulva, vagina or anus are also targeted by these HPV vaccines. The HPV vaccines also protect against genital or anal warts. HPV vaccines work effectively in the prevention of cancers caused by HPC viruses and also curb the common health problems which are accompanied.
- The effect of HPV vaccines is quite long lasting in an individual who is vaccinated against HPV. Usually it lasts for ten years or more without having any related disorders or cancers. The protection does not weaken over time and remains stable.
- HPV vaccines are licensed by the FDA to be completely safe and efficient to use. Extensive studies have been carried out globally, and no safety concerns have ever arisen. The side effects of HPV vaccines are usually quite mild. However, a little amount of pain, dizziness and nausea are involved.
HPV vaccines are a series of effective vaccines, which prevent the occurrence of cervical cancer and other cancers which are sexually transmitted. They are generally given to women before getting sexually active to prevent transmission of HPV viruses. Some HPV vaccines are prescribed to males as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, I'm 26 M. I want to become fair. So I applied cream, gold bleach . It has mentioned within 15 min, it's will glow. I applied 2 time, I didn't feel any changes. So kindly suggest, shall I continue or any other cream to glow very fast.
Dear Sir, My self deepak kumar nayak, I am working industry area. My Age 30 years my face is black and oily. Pls give me medicine to fair my face.
I m 18 years old and I m suffering from dark circles under the eye side so please tell me what I do.
I am 28 years old mle and blood comes along with stool everyday and the same has been happening for last 10 odd years. Few years back I used to eat more street foods but now I have controlled this habit by a great margin but still this issue doesn't seem stop. Some quantity of blood is always there. Kindly let me know some home remedies to get rid of it. Thanks.
I have got very rough skin. It doesn't look good. Very big pores are there. It is very uneven. I want very soft, soothe, supple skin. For your kind of information it is neither oily nor dry its moderate so pls suggest me what should I do?
Are you planning on undertaking a cosmetic procedure for rejuvenating your skin? Botox treatment is considered to be effective for this purpose. Botox is a drug made from a certain neurotoxin, and it is produced by a bacteria known as Clostridium botulinum. Botox is also used for medical purposes, especially for the treatment of muscle related conditions. It is primarily used for removing wrinkles via a procedure in which your facial muscles are temporarily relaxed.
Except for reducing the appearance of your wrinkles and facial lines, which appear because of aging, botox is used for the treatment of conditions which include leaky bladders, migraines, excessive sweating, and eye squints. Over 20 medical conditions utilize botox as a part of treatment.
How it works?
Botulinum toxin or botox is a poisonous substance. A single gram of botox can kill over one million people. But it acts as an ideal therapeutic protein when utilized in a proper, required dosage.
About botox procedure
Botulinum toxin powder is diluted in saline to be administered. It is injected into a patient’s neuromuscular tissue and takes around 72 hours to show results. This time reflects the amount of time that is required for disruption of your body’s usual synaptosomal process. It takes around 5 days for the full effect of botox treatment to show. Pregnant or lactating women, and people who are allergic to it from a previous treatment should avoid any form of botox treatment.
Side effects and associated risks
Although injections containing botox are well tolerated, there are several side effects involved. They are as follows:
- A person having a genetic predisposition in which a mild, transient response to botox is received. Some patients taking type A botox injections are likely to develop antibodies to the toxins. This makes the treatment ineffective. Antibody development is also indicated in cases of patients taking a type B botox injection for treating cervical dystonia.
- Along with the intended effects, botulinum toxin may cause some other side effects, which are quite undesirable. They may include headache, malaise, mild cases of nausea, transient numbness, mild pain, local edema and erythema at the site where the injection is given.
- Temporary fatigue, of your surrounding musculature are also likely because of the toxin and its actions.
- Temporary upper lid and brow ptosis or drooping is another side effect involved with botox.
The results obtained from treatment by type B botox is said to be more effective than botox A treatment. You may expect better results when your muscles remain contracted instead of being relaxed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.