Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Syed Altaf AhmedYour feedback matters!
My brothers age is 21 he is coughing blood thrice a day, Doctors did X-ray and normal blood checkup and says its normal, but they are unable to say the cause of that, ENT specialist also says to take antibiotics but no relief. Could you suggest anything. He never smokes.
Not getting sleep at night, y I don't know thinking about my school days since 4 days exams r near but am not concentrating on my studies.
For Extra Sex - pls suggest what is recommended better? Suhagra force 50 or Power force/ zandu vigorex / Dabur shilajeet?
Hi am 29 years old. I am having back ache on left side lower part. And swelling in left lower abdomen. And I have noticed the pain increases when I have constipation. I guess constipation is related to this. Last years once done x ray and doctor told me there is nerve bulge between L4 n L5 and advised to take few tablets n come back for physio. But was not able to get back. But I am having too much disturbance due to the pain on left lower back. Please suggest me what are the checks to be done and treatments for curing this. Also am always feeling tired and confused.
Dear sir I am married from last 4 months. I am having a problem of erection. During foreplay penis get erected but at the time of intercourse it loosen. I am very upset kindly guide me with suitable medicine.
Would like to know that whether Indian brands like 9 pm, latoprost or Lacoma PF are as good as Xalatan in terms of quality for glaucoma treatments.
I have sore throat from past 6 days and my throat pains a lot I am not able to eat and drink properly I have a bad taste kindly suggest something.
I am 27 year old male with good food habits n normal stress levels. I masturbate 3 to 4 times a week. I got erection but it only lasts few seconds. And not as hard as it is used to be. Due to this I am facing problems in doing sex. Erection doesn't occur at right time. Please suggest any cure.
Stomach ulcers, also known as gastric ulcers, are open sores that develop on the lining of the stomach?
Last 1 month my uncle has diagnosed with AIDS. And I used to masturbate in that toilet where my uncle used to go. So my question is that what percentage of risk that I contaminated with hiv? Sorry for my week English.
Is it necessary to go to hospital when i'm suffering from food poison. Or I can cure it with home remedies.
When there is excessive acid build-up in your body, you experience a burning sensation in your chest. This condition is called acidity.
You feel a burning sensation in your chest, your mouth tastes sour and your throat may feel sore during bouts of acidity. An antacid can give you quick relief, but sometimes, you might feel like it isn’t working very well for you. Ayurveda may help you in this case.
Ayurveda is safe, and it provides a natural way to heal acidity.
Here are some Ayurvedic remedies for acidity:
1. Bananas: The potassium in bananas is an excellent antidote to acidity. Eating a ripe banana can provide you relief from the discomforting symptoms of acidity.
2. Milk: The calcium in milk bars acid build-up and absorbs the extra acid produced. For best results, drink cold milk to ease your discomfort.
3. Mint leaves: Mint reduces acid production and cools the burning sensation in your stomach. Chop and boil some mint leaves; then drink the cooled solution for relief.
4. Tulsi: Tulsi boosts mucus production in the stomach and has antiulcer properties. To ease your discomfort, chew on 5-6 tulsi leaves.
5. Cardamom: Elaichi, or cardamom, is a multi-purpose remedy. It stimulates digestion, reduces stomach spasms, soothes the stomach lining and prevents excessive acid production. Just crush two pods of elaichi in boiling water and drink it for quick results.
6. Cloves: Cloves boost saliva production, which helps in digestion and reducing the symptoms of acidity. For relieving acidity, just bite a piece of clove and keep it in your mouth. The oils released from the clove will reduce acidity within no time.
7. Aniseed: Aniseed cools the stomach lining, which reduces the burning sensation. Simply chewing a few aniseeds or saunf seeds, can bring about instant relief.
8. Cumin: Cumin stimulates saliva production, which aids in improving digestion and metabolism. You can eat cumin seeds, or boil them in water and then drink the solution for relief.
9. Ginger: Ginger improves digestion and helps absorb and assimilate essential nutrients better. It also protects your stomach from ulcers by boosting mucus secretion, which reduces the damage to the stomach lining caused by acid.
10. Amla: Also called the Indian gooseberry, amla has high amounts of vitamin C in it, which helps in healing the agitated lining of the stomach and oesophagus. You can consume one teaspoon of gooseberry powder to prevent acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am taking homeopathic treatment since 3 months for Hormonal imbalance. Since 20 days I am having a fever of 99.8, 99.7, 99.2, but it has never touched 100. Some 3 to 4 days back I had got cold also. I had been to doctor. He gave some antibiotics and other paracetamol. Now my cold is gone but fever is the same. I just saw in internet that low fever may be due to cancer or lupus and other big big diseases. I am getting so scared. I am having my engagement in 15 days. Is it happening because of homeopathic medicines? I have no body pain or nothing else. Only body feels heat. When I take paracetamol (Dolo 650), temperature will become little low but next day again temperature rises. Anyways I am going to doctor again tomorrow. But for now please tell me is something wrong with me?
Tuberculosis refers to an infectious disease associated with the lungs, which is mostly caused by bacteria. There are two types of tuberculosis, that are pulmonary tuberculosis and extrapulmonary tuberculosis. There are various types under each type of tuberculosis. Here are some the possible treatments for both pulmonary and extrapulmonary tuberculosis.
What is pulmonary tuberculosis?
Pulmonary tuberculosis is a type of disease in which bacteria invade your lungs. It is possible that the bacteria in your lungs could kill you. However, fortunately if you have been taking the right medicines for your bacterial infection you can get cured immediately. The name of the bacteria which causes tuberculosis is known as the Mycobacterium tuberculosis. However, Mycobacterium tuberculosis can attack other parts of the body as well. When this happens, it is known as extrapulmonary tuberculosis.
What is extra-pulmonary tuberculosis?
Extrapulmonary tuberculosis is when tuberculosis affects in parts of the body other than the lungs. There are many parts of the body which tuberculosis can affect, including the lymph nodes, nervous system as well as the bone and joints. Luckily, it is easily curable.
Treatment for pulmonary tuberculosis
Firstly, it is worth noting that latent tuberculosis has no symptoms and there is no way you can pass it to another person either. However, it is still crucial that you take treatment for it. If you do not complete your treatment, then your tuberculosis will progress to a very dangerous form of tuberculosis. This is known as multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis is sometimes abbreviated as MDR TB. There are plenty of medicines which people are recommended to cure tuberculosis. These include:
Treatment for extrapulmonary tuberculosis
Extrapulmonary tuberculosis has pretty much the same symptoms as pulmonary tuberculosis. This is because extrapulmonary tuberculosis is the exact same disease which occurs to the patient, it is just that it affects a different body part. Therefore, the exact treatment recommended for pulmonary tuberculosis can be used to cure extrapulmonary tuberculosis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.