Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Syed Abdul RawoofYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years & suffering from migraine problem on the recent time for last 10 days only, please give me good suggestion.
I have gfr of 65. I'm suffering from a vascular necrosis on both hips.I'm taking osteofos 70 .Does this tablet affect kidney
I am 22 years old female and have a headache problem at last 1 year. I am taking medicine but can't control. What should I do for.
Fever is 99 F with body pains and burning sensation in stomach and what are medicines should take and doctor insisted to take injections is it ok.
Sir, I want your help regarding my husband. My husband is very loving but he has no interest in having sex. His penis in very small and dont stand strong very long. Its been 1 yr of our marriage but we still didn't do it. Please help.
I have read PLAYWIN capsules is good for Erectile dysfunction, does it really works? If yes how before from my marriage should I start to take this tablets? I am a hypertensive patient and having its drugs too. If I take play win tablets will it have adverse effects with bp tablets?
I have throat infection, whenever I drink tea or eat something very spicy, I fill itch in throat. Please suggest me right remedy to clean my throat and to minimise infection.
I am suffering from dry cough and feel the presence of fluid in the chest region. What should I do to cure it?
Hi I am 52 years old male, suffering from broncho, asthma and cough cold allergy problem what should I do
Hi my name is Monu Jaiswal 23 years old. Having cough from last 1 week. What can I do If possible please suggest me better medicine.
My cousin brother always complaint about stomach problem like bloating stomach, gas related problem, some time feel like vomiting. What should I do for treatment?
My daughter is 4 year old and she is suffering from asthma I give her inhellar daily but I could not get satisfactory status. Asthma attack in night and she vomit at that time pls suggest any medicine.
Hi I'm 27 years old I have Psoriasis doctor told me that that is not cure able. Will it curable wil you guys help me out thanks.
How many times one should have fasting or after meal sugar above normal range to declare one a diabetic patient.
- Kidney disease can affect children in various ways, ranging from treatable disorders without long-term consequences to life-threatening conditions.
- Acute kidney disease develops suddenly, lasts a short time, and can be serious with long-lasting consequences, or may go away completely once the underlying cause has been treated.
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD) does not go away with treatment and tends to get worse over time.
Kidney disease in children can be caused by
- birth defects
- hereditary diseases
- nephrotic syndrome
- systemic diseases
- urine blockage or reflux
A health care provider diagnoses kidney disease in children by completing a physical exam, asking for a medical history, and reviewing signs and symptoms. To confirm diagnosis, the health care provider may order one or more of the following tests:
- urine tests
- blood test
- imaging studies
- kidney biopsy
Treatment for kidney disease in children depends on the cause of the illness.
- Children with a kidney disease that is causing high blood pressure may need to take medications to lower their blood pressure. Improving blood pressure can significantly slow the progression of kidney disease. As kidney function declines, children may need treatment for anemia and growth failure.
- Children with kidney disease that leads to kidney failure must receive treatment to replace the work the kidneys do. The two types of treatment are dialysis and transplantation.
- For children with CKD, learning about nutrition is vital because their diet can affect how well their kidneys work. Parents or guardians should always consult with their child’s health care team before making any dietary changes.
What are the Symptoms Associated with Pediatric Kidney Disease?
Kidney disease often goes undetected in the general population, but children and adolescents are at an even greater risk due to the nature of the causes of the diseases and the ambiguity of the symptoms.
Children might not be aware of some of the changes that are impacting their body and will not always let their parents know of potential issues.
Common symptoms for children are:
- Swelling (even mild) of the hands and feet and/or puffiness around the eyes caused by excess fluid build-up, to the point where the child’s ability to move around normally is compromised
- After initial swelling, socks or a belt can leave an indentation in the skin that will persist
- Lack of or decrease in appetite.
- In children with ESRD it is especially important to keep their appetite up because transplant eligibility is based partially on growth.
- Decreased or increased frequency of urination. Children who can normally use the toilet without assistance may suddenly begin to wet the bed at night
- Long-lasting changes in the color of the urine such as unusually dark or red, which can indicate blood, and changes in appearance of urine such as extra foam that can indicate protein
- Headaches resulting from high blood pressure
- Flu-like Symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, weakness, fatigue, loss of appetite
- Stunted or poor growth as compared to similar age group peers
- Difficulty concentrating and poor school performance
Another potential indicator of pediatric kidney disease is family history of kidney disease. Genetic related disease is much more common in children than in adults. If there is family history, it is a good idea to get a check-up.
In parents that are pregnant with a child with polycystic kidney disease a common symptom is decreased amniotic fluid.
Looking at the list of common symptoms it is easy to see how CKD can go undiagnosed. As a parent or caregiver, it is important to have conversations with your children to understand the severity and duration of the symptoms and follow up with pediatric nephrologist.