Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Syamala ReddyYour feedback matters!
Doctor 1st please read my additional details about ectopic And now I am having a very bad pain on my left side From 2 days My periods were on 17-10-2016 Is it again an ectopic M scared Very scared please help me out.
Can I take gynaset 5 mg to delay my periods? My expected date is around 1st. I want the date to be from 3rd.
Hello. Whenever I went to do intercourse with my wife my penis does not goes properly into her vagina. But when I put some lubricant on my penis it goes easily. Why it happens? I want to do intercourse without lubricants.
When a person makes choices which are not prudent when it comes to food and exercise, he or she is only causing himself or herself problems which are contained around the waistline. As a matter of fact, these problems can also manifest themselves into not so pleasant experiences in the bedroom.
It is believed that the more overweight a person is, greater will be the impact on his or her life span. This not only affects the life expectancy or quality of life of such a person over that period of time, but the ramifications can also be seen on his or her sexual life. Here are two important issues obese people are likely to face, if they don’t watch their weight.
- Problems in conceiving: A pregnancy is something which can be a matter of great joy or equally great consternation, or a mix of both these emotions. However, women who are obese are four times more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy in comparison with their relatively fit peers.
- Libido trouble: While ailments such as diabetes and heart disease may seem to be lifestyle diseases, it can be said that they do not even leave a person’s sex life unharmed. For men, the difficulty is felt when trying to get or maintain an erection, and this can seem to be insurmountable. Similarly, female libido or interest in sex can be greatly dulled.
Obesity is something that is a growing problem in today’s world and while getting up and going out for a run or being modest with portions of food, which are consumed may seem to be things which do require a lot of motivation. The benefits which are accorded to a person’s sex life can be said to make these sacrifices well worth it!
The effects of this in the case of a person who is in a relationship can be even greater, as a study conducted by the World Health Organisation or the WHO did conclude, rather interestingly, that when a person is in a relationship, there is a rather strong correlation between the body mass index (BMI) of the partner to what he or she has. So, an effort to get healthier and to free oneself from the onerous shackles of obesity, which are pretty much the biggest kill joys, can be a wonderful and greatly rewarding experience. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hi I am 17 years old and I am not having sex yet but my periods are not regular, I don't have periods since last 2 month, can you tell me what's problem is going on with my periods.
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 14th april and had an ipill the same day. My period cycle begins on 5th of every month. I was very regular. I had some bleeding after consuming the ipill for 2-3 days. Today is the 17th and I haven't had any periods since the whole month. I took 2 pregnancy tests but they were both negative. Is there a possibility of me being pregnant? I have sore breasts and I'm very tensed. Please suggest what should I do?
Homeopathy is a holistic and a natural approach towards quick healing of an ailing individual. An estimate suggests that about 30% of the Indian population relies solely on the homeopathic treatment for their medical complications. People have witnessed incredible results with Homeopathy. The best part of Homeopathy is that there are no side effects associated with it, making it a much safer form of treatment. The fact that Homeopathy is both cost efficient and holistic or permanent in its cure, is one of the key benefits of this treatment.
Let us discuss some of the benefits of Homeopathy in detail:
- No side-effects: Homeopathic medicines are very safe to consume as they are formulated using natural ingredients. Homeopathic pills are known to boost our immune systems and do not hamper digestion process. They do not cause allergies and suits almost everyone including children, adults and even pregnant and senior patients. National medicine agencies assure the safety and quality of homeopathy medicines as per the requirements of European Union Legislation and European Pharmacopoeia standards. Furthermore, homeopathy medication is completely free from chemicals and synthetic materials.
- Effective and Permanent cure: Acute or Chronic - homeopathy works like a miracle in both the cases. It treats a disease from its root and thus follows a more holistic or permanent approach to healing a person with least chances of reoccurrence of the disease. Most effective for allergic disorders and seasonal illnesses, homeopathy works wonders for bacterial or viral infections.
- Inexpensive and cost effective: When compared to conventional drugs, these medicines are much less expensive. Homeopathy medicines are also sustainable as they can be stored for prolonged periods and reused, if required.
- Long term gain: Studies have shown that homeopathic treatment ensures long term relief, eventually leading to complete cure. It is best known to boost our immune systems and strengthen the body's defense mechanisms alongside curing our diseases. There are least chances of reoccurrence of the disease, with this medication.
- Gentle way of treatment and easy to administer: One of the vital reasons behind prescribing homeopathic medicine over conventional drugs is its gentle nature. The doses are in the form of sweet globules and thus are consumable by people of all age groups. Those who do not want to consume the sweetened globules have provision for liquids, powders or dissolvable tablets. The best part is that there are no injections! It boasts of non-invasive therapy and avoids surgery. It can be very well incorporated along with other therapies and medication.
Further, the medications of homeopathy are non-addictive in nature unlike some of the chemical antibiotics. Studies have shown that with appropriate medical treatment, homeopathy can reverse even the most chronic disorders with its gentle approach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I had sex on last day (23rd nov) of my period which started on 20th nov. But now I am experiencing early signs of pregnancy can anyone explain this. I will take a test tomorrow morning and once again in case I miss my period this month (only if it is negative). I have a 36 day cycle. So I should be expecting my period around 23rd of this month.
Sir/Madam. I am 32 years female. Trying to get conceived from past one and half years. 6 month back I have diagnosed with prolactin level of 155 ng ml with TSH level of 4. After taking medicine prolactin level decreased to 1 ng ml but the TSH level is 3.9. And I am still taking the thyroxine tablet 25 mg to reduce the level. My nd my husband's pre natal check up report says everything is normal. My friends says it is too late to have baby at this age. What should I do further. What might be the problem?
My period came earlier and the amount of liquid came out was little less than previous month period So please tell me the reason behind this and how I should get the proper period timing I am unmarried.
Pregnancy can wreak havoc in your body; be it your hormones overflowing or the constant crying of your newborn that makes you agitated after a point of time. Your baby will probably be your top priority in times like these but maybe, you can put yourself on the list as well once in a while because carrying a human inside isn’t a very easy task.
On the off chance that you suffered a vaginal tear or an episiotomy while delivering, the injury may sting for a couple of weeks. Broad tears may take more time to heal. Meanwhile, you can promote healing by:
- In case of sitting becoming uncomfortable, try sitting on a cushion or cushioned ring.
- Utilize a squeezer-bottle in order to pour lukewarm water over the vulva while you're urinating. Press a cleansed washcloth immovably against the injury when you hunker down for passing stool.
- Cool the injury using an ice compress, or place a cool witch hazel cushion between the wound and a clean sanitary napkin.
- Take stool softeners or analgesics as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- For treatment of episiotomy wound in 1st week - betadine wash should be used 3-4 times a day.
While you're recovering, anticipate that the uneasiness will gradually reduce. Contact your doctor if the pain increases; the injury gets swollen, hot and excruciating; or if you notice a discharge with pus.
Vaginal discharge (lochia) might be a problem for several weeks post-delivery. Expect a red, overwhelming stream of blood for the initial few days. The release will continuously decrease, getting to be watery and changing from pink or chestnut to yellow and finally white. Contact your doctor if:
- You have substantial vaginal drying
- The discharge has a foul scent
- You have a temperature of 100.4 F (38 C) or more
You may feel contractions for the initial few days post-delivery. These constrictions, which frequently seem like menstrual cramps help in preventing excess bleeding by compressing the vessels. These contractions have a tendency to get more intense with subsequent deliveries. Your healthcare supplier may suggest an OTC pain reliever as well. Contact a healthcare personnel in the event of fever or if the stomach area is tender to your touch. These symptoms and side effects could show a uterine disease.
Ovarian cysts is a common problem that affects women in their childbearing years. These cysts develop inside the ovaries at the time of ovulation.
These cysts are of four main types:
In most cases, ovarian cysts resolve themselves, but in some cases they can cause pain and grow.
Ayurveda is a holistic form of alternate medication that can be quite effective when it comes to treating ovarian cysts. This form of medication has negligible side effects and hence, can be prescribed to women of all ages. Apart from medication, Ayurveda also involves changes in lifestyle and diet. Ayurvedic herbs help balance the hormones in a woman’s body and thereby improve the overall functioning of the ovaries as well.
Some of the Ayurvedic herbs used in the treatment of ovarian cysts are as follows:
Guggul: This herb has the potential to revitalise cells and can rejuvenate a person. Guggul or commiphora mukul also has purifying properties that helps regulate lipid production and increase iron levels in a person’s blood. It also helps in weight loss and increases metabolism.
Shilajit: The Ayurvedic herb asphaltum or shilajit improves stamina and the ability to deal with physical and mental stress. It is also known to increase sexual desire and enhance libido for both men and women.
Amalaki: Amalaki or emblica officinalis is best known for its ability to rejuvenate cells and rid the body of free radicals. It also helps boost immunity, aids in the development of healthy skin and slows down the aging process. Amalaki helps with digestion and boosts metabolism along with maintaining the proper functioning of the liver.
Aloe: Aloe is the most common Ayurvedic product used for skin care and anti-ageing products. Apart from skincare and hair care, aloe also helps relieve hypertension and has well known antioxidant properties. Additionally, it helps deal with high blood pressure and respiratory problems.
Vitamins and minerals: Some vitamins and minerals boost immunity and have the ability to destroy abnormal cells such as cysts. Zinc helps prevent ovarian cysts, helps the body get rid of free radicals and aids in normal cell growth. Vitamin B complex helps in converting excessive estrogen into less weaker forms and hence balances hormone levels. Antioxidants like vitamin A and E protect the cells against damage and abnormal changes in the cell growth. Vitamin C also helps boost immunity and gives the body the ability to fight illnesses and infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
1.Learn how to eat
The first step to controlling IBS is eating properly. And not just what you eat, but when and how. Eat little and often and at regular times.
Your digestive system will then get into a good routine and eating smaller amounts will avoid bloating and diarrhoea.
Also eat slowly. Gulping food quickly can make you swallow air, which results in wind and bloating. Chew well and drink lots of water.
2 Change your pattern
Eat your biggest meals earlier in the day and have a light evening meal. Also have foods that are harder to digest like raw fruit and vegetables before 4pm.
3 Soothe yourself
Different herbs and supplements can ease the symptoms of IBS. Calcium supplements are thought to counteract diarrhoea as it slows down gut contractions.
Experts recommend linseed for constipation, while artichoke can help digestive complaints, especially after eating fatty foods.
Finally, taking 500mg of turmeric extract once a day can also help because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
4 Keep on moving
Regular exercise can reduce bloating and constipation in IBS sufferers. Even 30 minutes of moderate exercise like brisk walking or yoga five times a week will help.
5 Peppermint oil
Taken in tea, oil, herb or capsule form, peppermint oil can help alleviate symptoms by relaxing the intestinal muscles.
Peppermint tea bags are readily available or just add a few drops of oil to half a glass of warm water.
6 Try different things
There are a number of complementary therapies that might ease symptoms, including reflexology, aromatherapy, massage, acupressure and yoga.
Find one that suits you.
7 Be prepared
Many sufferers dread going out for meals for fear the stress will trigger symptoms. But planning ahead is key.
First, find out where the loo is as soon as you arrive so you know you can get there easily if you need to.
Try to have a look at the menu before you go so you can carefully pick out the safest foods for you. Lots of restaurants have their menus online.
If you’re afraid of things going wrong, take some preventative medication before you go out.
Don’t overeat. Finally, relax as stress could risk an attack.
8 Black pepper
It might not seem that powerful, but black pepper can make a big difference.
Black pepper oil soothes cramps and relieves wind and also stimulates a sluggish digestive system.
9 Breathe slowly
Some people swallow air when they’re anxious, adding to the problem of wind and bloating.
Learn to control this by practising abdominal breathing.
Sit comfortably with your shoulders lowered and relaxed. Breathe in slowly through both nostrils and count to five, expanding your tummy.
Hold for five seconds and then exhale to a count of five, drawing your stomach in.
10 Sleep tight
Too little sleep or poor sleep has been shown to have a direct impact on the severity of IBS, so avoid caffeine later in the day.