Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Syamala Reddy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Syamala ReddyYour feedback matters!
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when the menstruation ceases, bringing an end to a woman's childbearing years. There are a number of symptoms that mark this stage, including hot flashes, which are very commonly experienced in such cases. Hot flashes are like a feeling of a red hot flush that may wash over the body and lead to excessive sweating. It occurs in the blood vessels that are closest to the surface of the skin. Yet, menopause is not the only reason why one may experience these hot flashes.
Here are some of the reasons that may trigger these hot flashes:
1. Carcinoid syndrome: This is a disease that may cause hot flashes as a symptom. In this condition, a tumour will usually release varied chemicals into the body, which can create varied symptoms that seem like hot flashes.
2. Hyperthyroidism: Overheating of the body and the system from within is something that many patients suffering from hyperthyroidism may experience. This usually happens when the thyroid glands end up producing too much of the thyroid hormone that brings about many symptoms ranging from depression to weight loss and even hot flashes. In hyperthyroidism, the body goes into a hyper mode, which usually leads to overheating of the same. This gives rise to frequent and often severe hot flashes.
3. Hormonal changes: There are many hormonal changes that may affect various men and women from time to time. A drop in the level of the estrogen hormone is something that many women go through on a regular basis. This may happen due to pregnancy as well. Also, this condition usually brings about symptoms like hot flashes.
4. Eating disorders: The way we eat and nurture our body is the way the body reacts. When there is a case of an eating disorder like dyslexia or bulimia, it may lead to varied symptoms, including hot flashes. This is due to the fact that the body's hormonal levels as well as the nutritional level plunge to an all-time low. In many such cases, hot flashes are the body's way of demanding better nutrition. These disorders can also give rise to related conditions like the hypothalamus disorder.
5. Hypothalamus disorder: Hypothalamus disorder may also cause hot flashes. This is a condition that is caused due to poor eating habits. This disorder is characterised by a major drop in one's nutrition levels and also leads to many hormonal changes. These changes often lead to symptoms like hot flashes and other related complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Today I am 36 weeks 2 days pregnant .I want to know that when I delivered the baby but doc given to me date 13 Aug. Can I delivered the baby in 5 days.
Sir when should the instafree 72 be taken after 12 hours or we can take it prior to that also and how many dose is one tablet sufficient.
Major complications of uncontrolled hypertension
1 kidney failure
2 kidney disease
3 end stage renal disease
4 heart disease
5 hardened arteries
6 cardiovascular disease
8 heart attack
9 left ventricular hypertrophy
11 cerebrovascular disease
12 eye complications
13 retinal damage
14 cerebral hemorrhage
So never avoid your hypertension.
Vaginal dryness is an uncomfortable and painful condition that usually occurs during or after menopause. The estrogen level in your body gets reduced during this time which eventually leads to vaginal dryness. However, there are other factors that can trigger this condition including certain medications and immune disorders. This is a problem that can affect women at any age but it is visible more frequently in older women.
Here are some common factors that may lead to vaginal dryness:
1. Hormonal changes - A decrease in estrogen level that occurs during menopause is one of the most common causes of vaginal dryness. The decrease in estrogen may also occur during perimenopause, during breastfeeding or after childbirth. Radiation and chemotherapy for cancer treatment may also result in a decrease in vaginal lubrication.
2. Irritants - Chemicals present in soaps, dyes, hygiene products and perfumes may cause allergy in some women. Irritants present in underwear or towels and other allergens like objects and lubricants that are placed in the vagina may also cause vaginal dryness.
3. Insufficient arousal - Low libido or other sexual problems may also lead to vaginal dryness. Poor sexual performance and early ejaculation may also contribute to it.
4. Anxiety - Sexual desire can be affected by emotional and psychological factors such as anxiety and stress that may eventually lead to vaginal dryness. High anxiety level in women results in insufficient flow of blood, causing vaginal dryness.
How can vaginal dryness be treated?
Topical estrogen therapy is a common method of treating vaginal dryness caused by low estrogen level. Topical estrogen helps in inserting some hormone that your body is no longer producing. This controls the vaginal symptoms to a certain extent but it does not replace as much estrogen as oral hormone therapy, in your blood stream. Lubricants and moisturizers may also be applied to reduce vaginal dryness and make sex less painful and uncomfortable.
Word of Caution
Please get a PAP Smear done before starting local estrogen and keep a follow up with your doctor.
Ectopic pregnancy: Causes and symptoms
Ectopic pregnancy happens if the egg implants itself in the fallopian tube in place of the uterus. That's why this form of pregnancy is called a tubal pregnancy as well. Many a time, it may also implant itself in the belly, ovary or the cervix. If the egg is allowed to develop in the fallopian tube, it brings about the bursting of the tube, leading to instances of heavy bleeding.
What really causes this condition?
In this type of pregnancy, the cause isn't always easy to arrive at. In many cases, certain conditions have been found to bring about this pregnancy and these are:
- Damages to the fallopian tubes in the form of scarring and inflammation due to a preceding medical infection, condition or surgery
- Imbalances in the body's hormone levels
- Abnormalities in the genes
- Birth defects
- Medical problems that have an effect on the shape and condition of the reproductive organs and fallopian tubes
- Though it's rare, ectopic pregnancy can occur while using an intrauterine device or system for birth control
- Inflammation of your reproductive system such as pelvic inflammatory disease
How do you know that you suffer from one?
In terms of signs that will help you to easily identify whether you're having an ectopic pregnancy, the initial signs are:
- Light bleeding from your vagina
- Pain in the abdomen or in the pelvic region, which tends to occur after 6-8 weeks of a missed period
The other symptoms of this condition reveal themselves as you progress through the pregnancy and include,
- Dizziness or fainting as a result of internal bleeding
- Shoulder pain brought on by bleeding in the abdominal region
- Signs of shock
- Worsening of pelvic or belly pain
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
Additionally, a person with ectopic pregnancy also experience signs associated with early pregnancy such as:
- Tender breasts
- Missed period
- Increased in frequency of urination
Related Tip: 6 Pregnancy Complications You Need to Know About
Have you ever heard that one got pregnant from sex done with cloths on? Chance of pregnancy if while having sex with cloths on, guy ejaculated in his underwear?
Sir meri Bibi ko 2 bacche he Dono dilivry operation he to kya me 3 bacche k liye bivi ko pragnet kar Sakta hu koi problem to nahi hongi na Please btaye.
हरड़, जिसे आमतौर से हरीतकी के नाम से भी जाना जाता है, भारतीय आर्युवेदिक पौधा है, जिसमें कई चिकित्सकीय गुण समाए हैं।
यह सुविख्यात त्रिफला का प्रमुख तत्व है जिसका इस्तेमाल जिगर बढ़ने, ल्यूकोरिया और पेट की तकलीफों को दूर करने में किया जाता है।
यूनानी चिकित्सा पद्धति में इस जड़ी-बूटी का इस्तेमाल एंटीटॉक्सिन के तौर पर किया जाता है जो कंजक्टीवाइटिस, गैस्ट्रिक की तकलीफों, पुराने और बार-बार होने वाले बुखार, साइनस, एनीमिया, मैलन्कोलियो तथा हिस्टीरिया के इलाज में किया जाता है।
घरेलू नुस्खे -
(1) हरड़ का काढ़ा त्वचा संबंधी एलर्जी में लाभकारी है। हरड़ के फल को पानी में उबालकर काढ़ा बनाएँ और इसका सेवन दिन में दो बार नियमित रूप से करने पर जल्द आराम मिलता है। एलर्जी से प्रभावित भाग की धुलाई भी इस काढ़े से की जा सकती है।
(2) फंगल एलर्जी या संक्रमण होने पर हरड़ के फल और हल्दी से तैयार लेप प्रभावित भाग पर दिन में दो बार लगाएँ, त्वचा के पूरी तरह सामान्य होने तक इस लेप का इस्तेमाल जारी रखें।
(3) मुँह में सूजन होने पर हरड़ के गरारे करने से फायदा मिलता है। हरड़ का लेप पतले छाछ के साथ मिलाकर गरारे करने से मसूढ़ों की सूजन में भी आराम मिलता है।
(4) हरड़ का चूर्ण दुखते दाँत पर लगाने से भी तकलीफ कम होती है।
(5) हरड़ स्वास्थ्यवर्धक टॉनिक होता है जिसके प्रयोग से बाल काले, चमकीले और आकर्षक दिखते हैं। हरड़ के फल को नारियल तेल में उबालकर (हरड़ पूरी तरह घुलने तक) लेप बनाएँ और इसे बालों में लगाएँ या फिर प्रतिदिन 3-5 ग्राम हरड़ पावडर एक गिलास पानी के साथ सेवन करें।
(6) हरड़ का गूदा कब्ज से राहत दिलाने में भी गुणकारी होता है। इस गूदे को चुटकीभर नमक के साथ खाएँ या फिर 1/2 ग्राम लौंग अथवा दालचीनी के साथ इसका सेवन करें|