Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SwethaYour feedback matters!
What you see and feel depends on the type of psoriasis you have. You may have just a few of the signs and symptoms listed below, or you may have many.
- Skin looks like it is burned.
-Most (or all) of the skin on the body turns bright red.
-Body cannot maintain its normal temperature of 98.6° F.
- Person gets very hot or very cold.
-Heart beats too fast.
If it looks like a person has erythrodermic psoriasis, get the person to a hospital right away its very emergency. The person’s life may be in danger
Okay, you are now going to the gym. So, you stack up your kitchen with all the possible supplements that your friend or gym instructor or the expert on some teleshopping show have advised you.
But, where's the real food?" It's not that most people gyming are not eating home food but most are taking in lots of calories and nutrients in the form of energy bars, nutrient-enhanced drinks, and fortified packaged foods. Actually, "real" foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats—are better for you than fortified products.
That's because there's more to a chikki or a sweet potato than just a protein bar or carb drink. Within the body, vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients work together with literally thousands of other compounds, such as color components in fruits and vegetables, special starches and fibers in whole grains, and unique fats in seeds, nuts, and dairy. And it's the whole package that promotes good health and peak performance in the gym or any other sports. Of course, protein bars and shakes seem like a convenient way to take in all nutrients at one go without the hard work of preparing it. But getting these nutrients—and more—from real food is not difficult.
The need for supplementation should not surpass the intake of real foods. Remember, no supplement will work in isolation. For you to achieve the best from it also needs the best of a healthy diet.
Look for some easy ways in the part two of this topic, and your body will get everything it needs for better health and better performance in the sport you are into.
Hi, I had unprotected sex 4 days ago and im already experiencing all the early pregnancy symptoms, such as vomiting, spotting, peeing alot, headache, strong sense of smell and taste, weight loss and fever. Can I do the pregnancy home test now or should I wait?
There are a number of ways in modern day medical science for helping couples conceive, in case they are not able to do so in a natural way. Apart from IUI, IVF and other forms of artificial insemination, one such way is ovulation induction. In this procedure, the ovaries are stimulated to release an egg which can maximize the chances of natural conception, or even through IUI. This is an effective process that works well, provided there are no other infections and diseases at play. It basically works by stoking the relevant hormones with the help of tablets and injections. Let us find out more about the process.
Varied Tests: Before embarking on the process, the doctor will conduct a number of tests to ensure that you are capable of conceiving by natural means or even with artificial insemination. These tests help in making sure that there are no other ailments in the picture, which may hamper the process of ovulation induction or affect the ovaries in general.
Ovulation Cycle: Thereafter, the doctor will take blood samples in order to study the exact ovulation cycle that the body follows. These blood samples will be studied to measure the level of hormones at different stages so as to find out the most opportune time when the situation may be congenial for the ovulation induction to begin. A transvaginal ultrasound will also be carried out so that the doctor may study the development of follicles within the ovaries. These follicles usually line the ovaries. This ultrasound will also study the thickness and appearance of the womb’s lining.
The Ovulation Induction Cycle: The ovulation induction cycle will begin with tests that will happen starting from day one to day four. Once the tests have ascertained that the body is ready to go through the process with maximum chances of conception, the process will begin on fourth day. On this day, the patient will be given medication like Clomiphene Citrate. This medicine is also usually given to patients who are undergoing IUI or artificial insemination as it is said to increase the likelihood of conception. The Follicle Stimulating Hormone injection will also be given to the patient on the same day.
After the Medication: Once the medication and injections have been administered, the patient will have to go through a test to study the hormone levels in the body. This usually takes place around day 10 or 11. Thereafter, two weeks later, the patient will go through an ultrasound to find out if the ovulation is about to begin.
Time: While this is an effective method, one must remember that the ovulation results may take time for women who do not have normal menstrual cycles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
During intercourse my condom got burst then with in 9 hours I gave my girlfriend option 72 1.5 mg pill. Is it enough or should I do something else to reduce the chance of getting her pregnant. Her last date was December 20th and expected date for next month is 16th January. Please kindly guide us.
Stress is a very common factor for all working moms. Work, home and taking care of the child all together causes great amount of stress in working mothers. Exercising makes the body release endorphins, which are stress fighting hormones and help in relieving stress. There are various types of exercises which a working woman can do.
- High energy activities: High energy aerobic exercises lead to an increased heart rate, which results in production of more endorphins that make the body fight stress naturally. They include running, skipping, dancing, etc. These also improve physical and mental health.
- Yoga: Yoga is excellent for stress relief. It involves movement and stationary poses or postures, along with breathing exercises. Yoga enhances the body's natural response to relaxation, making your life healthier.
- Tai Chi: Tai chi involves a series of flowing movements of the body along with breathing. Having its roots in martial arts, Tai Chi provides efficient stress relief.
- Pilates: This exercise involves a series of movements and exercises performed on a mat. Pilates enhance strength, flexibility, endurance and immunity of the body.
- Martial arts: Martial arts is an effective way of unleashing energy and venting out frustration, which result in reducing stress. There are different forms of martial arts to choose from, which include Judo, karate, Taekwondo and several others.
- Kick boxing: Kick boxing reduces stress to a great extent and involves punching and kicking, which is performed with discipline. Kickboxing incorporates a rigorous workout schedule and is a great way to vent out frustration and energy, releasing stress.
- Team sports: Team sports are an ideal way to relieve stress, work out and have fun, altogether. Playing tennis, cricket or football offers a double amount of stress relief. Playing with your family will encourage bonding, fun and help in relieving stress together.
- On the go exercises: Several exercises such as running or jogging and cycling allow you to have a break, breathe some fresh country air and get your mind freshened up. Along with the release of energy, travelling across beautiful places helps in stress relief.
- Meditation: Meditation is an amazing mind exercise for stress relief. It requires great concentration and must be performed in a quiet atmosphere. Peace of mind is obtained.
- Gym activities: A gym has a lot of exercising instruments and devices. They involve power and strength and energy is unleashed. This is an ideal vent for anger and frustration, which results in great stress relief.
Working moms face a lot of stress, which arise from various aspects of life, including work, home and children. Stress busting exercises should be practised to maintain a perfect mental health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Vaginal infections occur when the walls of the vagina get inflamed. This can be caused by several factors such as bacteria, viruses, yeast, STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), chemicals and clothing. The standard medical term for it is vaginitis and it bothers most women at some point in their lives.
Maintaining vaginal and overall genital health is very important in preventing and dealing with infections that affect the affect the area, especially those which are persistent or recurrent.
Some tips to manage repeated vaginal infections are as follows:
1. Maintaining personal hygiene. The most important aspect of maintaining vaginal health is keeping the pubic region cleansed and hydrated. Poor hygiene and dryness make it more prone to recurring infection.
2. Using the right products. Harsh chemical soaps and sprays may cause irritation to the vagina and make it susceptible to inflammation due to infection.
3. Wearing skin-friendly clothing. Certain types and materials of clothing have a harmful impact on the delicate skin of the genital area which puts the vagina at the risk of contracting infections. These include nylon underwear, tight jeans and trousers, pantyhose with no cotton lining, etc. Wearing soft cotton underwear and linen bottoms are the best ways to prevent vaginal infection and inflammation.
4. Using protection during sex. Protected sexual intercourse prevents the spread of STDs which cause vaginal infection. Hence, it is always advisable to use a condom while having sex.
5. Urinating after sex. Always urinating after sex reduces the chances of catching a vaginal infection.
6. Getting regular health checkups. The most efficient way of managing vaginal infections is by getting the vagina checked up by your gynaecologist as regularly as possible so as to prevent further complications and ensure early detection of infections or diseases.
These are some of the simple and effective ways of handling vaginal infections. Most cases are not very serious and can be easily treated and managed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Physical exercise is one of the tried and tested ways to have a glowing skin such as running jogging or yoga sweat it out at least five times a week. Sweat removes harmful toxins from the body. Exercise not only flushes out toxins but also produces natural oils that helps skin to look supple and young
One of the most common queries faced by doctors dealing with pregnancies is related to the risks associated with having sex during the gestation and post partum periods. Such doubts arise from both genuine concern and also from several superstitions and myths. As a matter of fact, having sex during pregnancy is perfectly normal and safe. However, keeping in mind the changes the woman is going through there are a few specific do's and don'ts you need to follow while having sex during pregnancy.
1. Be aware
Pay attention to the doctor's evaluation of the expecting mother's condition. Many pregnancy risks can be predicted at an early stage. Abstain in case of predictions pointing to a risky gestation period and/ or delivery. Get yourself tested regularly, so that there is no possibility of transmitting infections to the expecting mother.
2. Enjoy foreplay
Pregnancy normally results in increased sensation in the erotogenic zones. Foreplay is a great way to relieve a woman's tension and she will enjoy your touch more than ever.
3. Pay attention to your partner's needs and reactions
4. Women have to go through a lot during pregnancy like fatigue all the time, along with sudden nausea and extreme mood swings. So, paying more attention to your partner's needs and reactions will help make the act more enjoyable for both of you.
1. Don't go for multiple partners
Multiple partners increase the risk of infections. It is not advisable to have sex with multiple partners during this time.
2. Don't Use sex toys
Use of sex toys during pregnancy is discouraged as it increases the risk of infections.
3. Don't Try risky positions and maneuvers
Please keep your desires for exotic positions in check. Risque behavior can lead to injuries.
4. Don't Keep yourself ahead of her
It is perfect idiocy to keep your desires ahead of the needs and desires of the love of your life. By putting yourself ahead of her you will not negatively affect her mental health.
5 Do not mix drugs with intimacy
Use of intoxicants during her pregnancy to enhance your senses will put the healthy growth and delivery of the child in jeopardy. A number of birth defects in children are the results of substance use during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hello my wife is 27 years old. We are from India. We have one 3 year old kid. Right now she got pregnant (Last Period start day was Dec 9th). We don't want to continue this pregnancy. We are going to consult the doctor today. But before that wanted to check if this can be aborted with medications or any invasive abortion required? Thanks for your help.
Mam. My periods is 3 day late from the actual date. What should I have to. M in a tension. please tell me. This is the first time..
Homeopathic treatment is one of the most natural and effective modes of treatment for a number of diseases and disorders. However, there should be a restriction on certain kinds of food when you are under homeopathic medication. Homeopathic medicines are consumed orally, and the tiny globules get absorbed in the oral cavity, and thus it is recommended that you keep away from food substances with a strong smell and taste. If a minimum gap is not maintained between having food and taking of the medicines, effective results will not be provided.
It has been explained that if you do not intake any food material half an hour before and after taking homeopathic medicines, no harm is done on the effect of the medicine. There is a controversy regarding coffee and homeopathic medicines, but coffee is quite safe to have, but you must keep the timing in mind and maintain the half an hour gap. The same applies to onions, garlic, ginger and other strong-smelling food items. However, in the case of certain homeopathic medicines, coffee acts like an antidote. This is because there are medicines, which are prepared using coffee in crude and roasted forms. You should ask your homeopath about it when he gives you a certain homeopathic medicine.
As long as you are following the half an hour before and after rule, there are no such food restrictions when you are under homeopathic medication. However, in case of certain diseases where the homeopathic cure is used, the intake of several common food items increases the intensity of the disease. For this, you must take several dietary precautions until you start experiencing results from homeopathic medicines.
Foods to be avoided when taking homeopathic treatment for below diseases:
- Respiratory disorders: While you are undergoing a homeopathic treatment for respiratory disorders such as cough and cold, avoid cold drinks, ice cream or any chilled food item.
- Skin disorders: In case of skin disorders, you should avoid rich, spicy food or artificially flavored food of any kind. You should also abstain from non vegetarian food if you want homeopathic medicines to work effectively.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Keep away from spicy and pungent food and also avoid fried, oily foods while taking homeopathic medicines for gastrointestinal problems. Alcohol should also be abstained from.
- Vitiligo: For effective homeopathic treatment for vitiligo, avoid eating unripe, sour fruits. Avoid anything sour such as curd or yoghurt. Also consume fewer amounts of fish and seafood.
Usually, there are no such food restrictions for homeopathic medicines as long as you maintain the half an hour rule, before and after the intake of a homeopathic medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic.
Whether you have a headache due to cold, stress or lack of sleep, here are some remedies to help you deal with a headache:
Take a nap: sleeping for a short while help to reduce headaches. However take care not to oversleep as it can aggravate the headache. A nap of 15-30 minutes is sufficient.
Practice breathing exercises: take slow deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly. This helps to ease out the discomfort caused due to the headache.
Head massage: massages are known to be effective in curing headaches. Gently massage your temples with your fingers in a circular motion. Also, gently tap your fingers on your forehead.
Aromatherapy: sniffing some aromatic oils can not only reduce headache but also uplift your mood. Essential oils of lavender, ylang ylang, sandalwood and vanilla are beneficial in soothing your stress away.
I and my bf did sex on 25th august without protection .And after that I forget to take 72 pill now my missed my period when I check I got pregnant so now I take mtc kit for abortion and today I took mifestrone 200 mg is it safe for me and can I take fever tablets sudin cold.
Should you really have chyawanprash in winters?
Winter brings with it a series of drastic weather changes, which influence your daily life considerably. At this time of the year, your body needs more warmth, coupled with energy giving food and stronger immunity to remain healthy.
How can chyawanprash keep you warmer and stronger in winter?
Chyawanprash is an Ayurvedic preparation with a jam like texture containing a variety of herbs that has a number of health benefits.
Chyawanprash affects your health positively in a number of ways, especially during winters. Read on to find out how the Ayurvedic product can be wonderful for your overall health and well-being during the cold winter days.
1. Boosts your immune system
When the weather begins to change and signals the onset of winter, the risk of fungal, viral and bacterial infections increase. During this time, consumption of chyawanprash strengthens your immunity and protects your from these conditions. The amla or Indian gooseberry content of the Ayurvedic preparation is enriched with vitamin C, and is acts as an immunity booster.
2. Keeps indigestion at bay
Your appetite naturally increases during the winters which often results in digestion problems. Chyawanprash helps your body to efficiently absorb the nutrients from the food you eat and aids in keeping the amount of stomach acids balanced. This in turn relieves you from conditions like constipation, nausea, flatulence, and diarrhoea.
3. Restores the moisture balance of your skin
Winter robs away the moisture from your skin and makes it dry and damaged. Chyawanprash is a preferred remedy for winters due to its phyto-nutrient and vitamin C content. This imparts your skin with a healthy glow and enhances your complexion by maintaining the correct moisture level.
Why you shouldn’t have chyawanprash in summers?
Ideally, chyawanprash can be consumed all year round but in India, Summers tend to get very hot and therefore it may not be a good idea due to following reasons :
1. Owing to the warm nature of chyawanprash it may generate excessive heat in your body and is thus best avoided during the summer
2. The warmth generated by chyawanprash in your body may result in rashes on the skin if consumed during the hot summer months
3. Intake of chyawanprash during summer may trigger pimples due to its property of trying to stabilise your hormonal imbalances
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.