Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Prp Hair Transplant
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SwethaYour feedback matters!
I am 22years old. Sir I am suffering from pimples on face and dark circles under eyes and hair fall so please any suggestions.
I used to booze and smoke. This habit was before 8 months. I lost all my fairness skin tone due to it. How to rectify? Please help me.
Hi I am 20 years old and I have problem I think soo it would be I have a lot of lipomas a ball like structure on my hand which is hard to touch and it Doesn't pain at all I asked many doctor's about it and they said they are fatty tissues and they do not harm. I need a conclusion and treatment for it please help to get red of this fatty tissues lipomass plzsss.
I am 22 years female and I have acne since last may. I am using carebet clin gel since 3 months but not getting any relief even my face starts burning now and becoming dry and relief.
I am 20 years old. I have too many pimples and black head on my face. So please tell me what should I do for this problem. Tell me medicines on pimple.
Minerals are important constituents that the body needs for proper cellular functioning as every process of the body requires the presence and action of these elements. An imbalance in these essential elements can cause several health problems including hair loss. The various minerals have to be in harmony with one another as too much of a particular mineral can lead to an imbalance in another.
Causes of mineral imbalance
Coming to the causes, several reasons can lead to an imbalance in your mineral levels and these are:
Here are the minerals that your hair need.
1. Calcium - The first mineral that your hair requires is calcium. This vital mineral plays a key role in stimulating the growth of hair follicles. The foods that you can turn to for your daily calcium dose are nuts, almonds, beans, vegetables, etc.
2. Magnesium - Following closely after calcium and one which must be taken together with calcium is magnesium. Without the presence of magnesium, the consumption of calcium can be harmful for the body. Both these elements are used by the body in tandem. So, foods you can have to meet this requirement are cashews, milk, almonds and so on.
3. Potassium - Lack of potassium in your diet can cause you to lose hair as well. Increasing the intake of this mineral helps in removing the buildup of sodium around your hair follicles that interfere with the absorption of nutrients required for strong hair. Potassium can be obtained from bananas, whole grains, almonds, etc.
4. Zinc - Another element that helps in the growth of hair is zinc. This mineral is vital for DNA synthesis of hair follicles, helping them to divide and multiply. Seafood, pumpkin seed, avocado, etc can be good sources of zinc.
5. Iron - Iron deficiency can bring about hair loss. When there isn't adequate iron in your diet, your body consumes ferritin (a protein responsible for storing iron in your body tissues) found in non-essential tissue such as your hair bulbs, resulting in shedding of your hair before it is able to reach its optimal length.
6. Selenium - Inadequate selenium in your body can cause you to suffer from thyroid problems, and subsequently hair loss. Whole grains and broccoli are two selenium-rich food sources that you can take to help your hair to grow properly.
7. Copper - Copper plays a very important role in your hair health. It gives growth, colour and strength to your hair. Sesame seeds and seafood are options that you can take to meet your copper requirement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.