Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
For many of us who have crossed the twenties, dull skin is one the biggest problems. However, bringing out the natural glow of your skin is not that difficult a task, if you can cut out the junk food, work out every day, keep your skincare regular. Here are a few tips that can give your skin that natural glow.
- Exfoliation: Skin cells renew themselves after every 27 days and without regular skin exfoliation, a dead skin cell layer stays on the skin surface giving it a dull and lifeless appearance. With the process of exfoliation, new skill cell development is encouraged to give a more even and radiant complexion.
- Detoxification: In case your body gets overloaded with toxins, they will have effects on your skin. You should carry out detoxification by cutting the intake of sugar and alcohol for some days.
- Nourishing the skin from the inside: The skin should be nourished properly with enough vitamins and minerals to get a radiant complexion. Vitamin C is an efficient antioxidant and helps in repairing the skin from inside, keeping it healthy. As a result, you get more supple and radiant skin. Iron is also essential for the proper functioning of the antioxidants.
- Nourishing the skin from the outside: You should apply essential minerals and vitamins to the skin surface. They get absorbed by the skin cells resulting in a glowing and rejuvenated complexion.
- Hydration: You must drink loads of water to enable proper flush out of toxins and eliminate them from your system. The skin cells are also pumped, making the skin look fuller and radiant. You should drink at least two litres of water regularly.
- Sufficient sleep: The body requires seven to nine hours of regular sleep, to get properly rejuvenated and also for repairing itself. Improper or disturbed sleep will take a toll on your body and the skin will be affected by losing its radiance and lustre.
- Antioxidants: Natural antioxidants help in fighting free radicals and enable you to have smooth, beautiful and radiant skin. You should consume food items, which contain natural antioxidants such as vitamin C and vitamin E. This way damaged skin is repaired and rejuvenated, giving it a brighter appearance and a more even skin tone.
- Protection: It is important to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. You should avoid going out during extremely hot days. Sometimes, the sun’s rays can affect you even when you do not go directly under it. You should wear brimmed hats, sunglasses and apply sunscreen on hot, humid days.
- Exercise: Apart from maintaining physical shape, exercise encourages an increased heart rate and makes your lungs workout. The leads to better oxidation in the skin and new skin cells are produced. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have many time sleeping insistence. Sometimes I feel weakness and lazy. Many more this insistence I feel. How can I feel healthy.
Hi I am a 27 year old male. Can you please suggest a knee friendly 20 minute cardio workout to boost my metabolism, keep the heart rate up and reduce lower body fat to do at home.(I don't want to go out and jog or run or walk) I tried yoga sun salutations, which requires forward bends and other complex poses which if not done properly injure my back severely. I also looked at rope skipping, but I have learn that over the long run these full body jump workouts put a lot of strain on knees which damage cartilage and gums. And hence can you please suggest a knee safe workout to boost my metabolism. I want to stick to your choice of cardio as an experienced doctor for my lifetime. Thanks in advance.
I am 4 month pregnant women and I'm suffering from heavy cold, headache (migraine) and throat infected also from last two days. Right now I'm not able to walk also. please refer me what medicine I should take.
I am 20 years old & my height 5'9.7" inch few medicine use in ex.(capsule more power one month use and step up medicine use but no increase my height. Plez suggest me any medicine (I want 6' feet height.) plez help me sir.
Hello sir/madam, I am kashish 24 years old, I am suffering from back pain, it's going to be 3 month, I used pain killer and tube also, but not getting relief. please Help me.
I don't get proper sleep during night times. And I'm not able to understand what's my problem. I'm not able to know Whether I'm worried about love or worried about money problem or worried about studies. Sometimes I feel like crying. I feel like I'm left alone. I feel like there's no one who cares or who understands my problem.
Eating banana with milk it gain the weight or not. Which time is correct to eating banana. In how many days the result will come. And with curd rice also we gain the weight.
Hello doctor, I have a friend (23 yr). She have bipolar 2, fibromyalgia & small cerebellum. Very recently her father got to know that in checkup, because of her frequent head spins. Like once in a month. I am very much worried about her. The hospital admitted her with other half-mad type patients. Don't know what's the meaning of admitting her with them. Can you kindly tell me she will live by operation in any good hospital ? If not, is there any way she will be alright? Also I forgot to mention that, in her childhood she took (her parents actually) 100 power dose of capsules because of serious typhoid. That's why is still kind of healthy. Please suggest me how to give her good treatment and she will live normally ?
Hi I am male 40 years weighing 110 kg want to reduce weight to 80 kgplease advice diet and how much time it will take and what are the tips.
Now a days I Am growing very fat. My friends are teasing my like anything. So please suggest me how to control a fat.
I had fair skin in college days .now I have thyroid. My skin turns black during pregnancy, dull hair also. How can I get my healthy fair skin, hair back safely with out using chemicals. Pls suggest me soaps ,creams, remedies for my problem.
Shift duties as risk factors to diseases
1) Cardiovascular disease (heart diseases)
2) Stress, depression
3) Insomnia (no sleep), headache
5) Gastrointestinal disorders -acidity, bloating, IBS etc.
6) Musculoskeletal disorders - joint pain, back pain etc.
7) Diabetes, asthma...
It's not just about shift duty; our body is well adjustable to any situation. It just needs time to adjust .As the body and circadian clock trying to adjust; your duty shift rotates again. In this cycle of the rotation, body tends to have more wear and tear resulting in health problems as it affects body metabolism and immunity. Research shows that injuries and accidents have been estimated to increase by 15% in evening shifts and 28% in night shifts. U S - NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY and HEALTH recommends employers to avoid quick shift changes and should rotating shifts schedules should rotate forward.
A Recent study shows that 12am to 3 am is the natural time of healing and detoxification of the body. This period is essential to maintain an equilibrium of body as well as of mind.
Ayurveda says that constituents of the human body should be in SAMYA AVASTHA (BALANCED) to maintain body health and mind health. That becomes hard to achieve due to shifting duties nowadays. Ayurveda will help you in this regard by
1) Suggesting lifestyle changes
2) Diet plan
3) Exercise and yoga
4) Detoxification therapies
5) Medicines -if needed to treat health problems.