Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swetatyagi Naveen
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Swetatyagi NaveenYour feedback matters!
I am a virgin and I need urgent help in inserting a tampon. Can a gynaec help me? Ive tried but its just not happening n I have to attend swimming.
I suffer from mood swings a lot. I feel very depressed and lonely all the time. Like as if I am abandoned by the entire world. All people hurt me a lot even though I am sweet to them. I get hurt by small things, also I have terrible anger. I feel I am not fit for this world. People only remember me when they need me for their selfish needs and then they forget me. It's hampering my studies a lot. I have also seen a psychologist but it didn't help. I would be obliged if by observing my symptoms, you diagnose my mental disorder. Please help.
- Pollen Allergies: What You Need to Know
- Dandelion blowing in the breeze
- Pollen is the most common cause of allergic rhinitis.
- Pollen is microscopic in size.
- Pollen from trees, grasses and weeds is easily windblown and known to cause allergies.
What is pollen?
Pollen refers to the tiny egg-shaped male cells of flowering plants, including trees, grasses and weeds. Pollen is microscopic in size. It is the most common cause of seasonal allergic rhinitis, sometimes known as hay fever.
Which plants produce pollen that cause allergic reactions?
- Plants that have powdery granules of pollen that are easily blown by the wind include:
- Trees, such as oak, western red cedar, elm, birch, ash, hickory, poplar, sycamore, maple, cypress, walnut, catalpa, olive and pecan
- Grasses, such as Timothy, Johnson, Bermuda, orchard, sweet vernal, red top and some blue grasses
- Weeds, such as ragweed, sagebrush, pigweed, tumbleweed, Russian thistle and cockle weed
- Most flowering plants, such as roses, have heavier, waxy pollens that are not as easily windblown.
When is pollen season?
Each plant has a pollen season. It usually starts in the spring but may begin as early as January in the southern areas of the United States. The season usually lasts until November.
About 45 million Americans suffer from environmental allergies. Dr. Sandra Lin, a Johns Hopkins otolaryngologist (ENT) and allergy expert, answers some of the most commonly asked questions about treating environmental allergies.
Can allergic rhinitis in pollen season be prevented?
- To lessen the effects of allergic rhinitis during pollen season, the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology suggests the following:
- Keep windows closed at night and use air conditioning, which cleans, cools and dries the air.
- Minimize outdoor activities early in the morning (between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m.) when pollen is most prevalent.
- Keep car windows closed when traveling.
- Take a vacation to an area where pollen is not as prevalent, such as the ocean.
- Take the medications prescribed by your doctor.
- Don't spend much time outdoors when the pollen count is high.
- Don't rake leaves during pollen season.
- If you are allergic to grass, wear a mask or have someone else mow the lawn.
- Don't hang bedding or clothing outside to dry.
I am brushing my teeth regularly then still it is not so white. What should I do for get white shinning teeth.
I have dark spot on my forehead and surrounding my left eye due to spider kill by my hand. What should I do?
Skin covers us from top to toe and has three layers that is Epidermis, Dermis and Hypodermis. Our skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. Many people find their skin losing its radiance at an alarming rate. Unhealthy and dull skin can affect a person's confidence greatly. Do not panick and insomniac over it.
A few healthy habits, if practiced daily, can work wonders and help in restoring the skin pH acidic 5.5 balance and skin radiance. Here are few of them:
- Go the healthy way: Unhealthy eating habits can damage your skin immensely. To look healthy, you need to eat healthy. Include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Avocados, broccoli, berries are a rich source of antioxidants and should be taken regularly. Make a habit of eating at least one fruit daily. Citrus fruits are highly recommended. Salads are equally beneficial.
- Stay hydrated: One of the golden rule is to enjoy a flawless skin is to keep your skin hydrated. The skin pH acidic 5.5 is very important for a healthy skin. Drink 6 - 8 glasses of water daily and feel the difference.
- Sleep well: If glowing skin is what you desire, sound sleep is what you need. A good 6-8 hours of sleep can do your skin a world of good.
- The power drink to flawless skin: Skin problems are an amalgamation of many internal as well as external factors. The toxins that accumulate within our system act as a catalyst. If not flushed out, the toxins can deteriorate the skin tone and texture, resulting in acne and other skin problems. Thus, detoxification becomes very important. Drink a glass of warm lemon water every morning. It helps to greatly detoxify the body.
- The sweet route to skin problems: Cakes, pastries, ice creams, pizzas, beverages, can satisfy your taste buds, but they will do your skin no good. Excess intake of sweets and sugar greatly accelerates the ageing process. When it comes to acne problems, the Glycation (attachment of the digested sugar to the collagen protein) process is the main wrecker in chief.