Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sweta
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SwetaYour feedback matters!
I am 30years old, and my teeth become worse, and bad smell comes out, sometimes, gum, swelled up, what I have to do?
I got an rct done for lower tooth 7 right side. I got a crown. Now x ray shows gap between crown and last wisdom tooth and I am getting views that I have to remove the wisdom tooth and redo the crown for 7. There is no other way is it?
I am facing dental problem doctor says it is gingivae every six months l went for oral cleaning due to that gaps developed between all tooth using medicated paste etc but no use my gums are receding suggest me the appropriate remedy and next precaution.
I had my molar removed so I placed a cotton ball in my mouth which I swallowed accidentally, is it dangerous? What immediate actions are required?
Respected sir/madam, when I brush and rinse the mouth a drop of blood come out. It happens only in the morning. No any injury. Please suggest why it happens and what to do?
Hi, I am getting an mouth ulcer on monthly basis. If it comes, it will be 3 to 4 ulcer at mouth. It is very painful. Pls suggest some pills and gel.
I have a pain in teeth since 3 days so what to do It's paining a lot so can you help me with some home remedies.
Dental Implant is a titanium post (like a tooth root) that is surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath the gum line that allows your dentist to mount replacement teeth or a bridge into that area. An implant doesn't come loose like a denture can.
Why tooth loss matters?
A missing tooth or teeth can not only take away from the beauty of your smile, but tooth loss can also have many negative effects on your oral health, including:
- Bone loss
- Shifting and drifting teeth
- Bite changes
- Chewing difficulty
- Wearing down of remaining teeth
- Changes in the jaw joint
Types of Implant Placement:
Whether an implant is placed immediately or in 2 phases depends on a variety of factors like bone density, initial fit of the implant during surgery, the other teeth, area of jaw, loads received during chewing etc.
Dental implant placement can be of two types:
- Immediate single stage placement: In this type we place an implant and give you at least a temporary crown immediately, followed by a permanent crown shortly thereafter.
- Delayed (2 stage) Implants: Such a placement is usually to safeguard the implant from any early forces when its just healing and fusing within the bone. After the placement the implant is kept covered below the gum for 3 months and uncovered after this period to give you a permanent crown.
Now that you know about the different types, it is time to move on to the benefits of getting these.
- Long lasting: Compared to other treatments such as tooth bridges which last for 5-10 years, dental implants can last for an entire lifetime if maintained properly. The only part to replace is the crown.
- Mimicking natural teeth: Your replacement teeth will feel similar to your actual teeth, so you do not need to worry about your self-image issues. Flash that wonderful smile of yours without thinking over it the second time.
- Preserve surrounding teeth: When an implant is inserted in place of a missing tooth, adjacent healthy teeth are not damaged.
- Comfort: Dental implants being a fixed replacement they have none of the problems that removable dentures or other substitutes may cause. Patients who replace all of their teeth with dental implants can feel more comfortable talking, smiling and eating.
Things to keep in mind post Dental Implant:
- Careful brushing: Only soft bristle brush needs to be used in this regard and do not pressurize the treated areas. In this case, tenderness needs to be considered so that brushing can be conducted carefully without injuring or hurting implants.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: Oral hygiene is the most important thing, and this is the reason you are advised to use any special mouthwash or any other flossing solution. This step needs to be continued for preventing the growth of unwanted infectious elements as that can ruin the implants completely. You should also carefully brush your teeth without affecting the implanted area.
- Avoid smoking: You are not allowed to continue smoking after implants, as that can make the situation complicated, as a result, of which you might even experience dreadful consequences. You should follow different steps to completely curtail the smoking habit from your lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.