Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SwaroopYour feedback matters!
Why does keloid forms and what causes it to form and how can we get rid out of keloid? Please provide me the information.
I am 42 years old and I have the problem of very bad dry skin. I apply all types of cream to my body but I still I have the same problem. Can you suggest me some home remedy to dry skin.
i'm getting pimples after shaving my face. How to cure it. And I also want to know what the problem was. Thanks in advance.
I am 34 years old female. I had pimples and my skin have become very dark in last few months. I have been taking hyperthreonine from last 4 months. Pimples are no more bt skin have become darker and dull. Pls advice some home made remedies. I have vegetarian.
I have a problem with my skin's itching. I want to know blood sugar related with skin. Please help me.
Namaste, my scalp hair doesnt grow longer. It remains short and gets thin towards the end. At young age i had long hair, now i am 37 years old. I am using grapeseed oil mixed with rosemary and lavender oil thrice a week. Having flax seeds daily. I am a vegatarian. I also take f1 milkshake of herbalife brand for nutrients. Please help me to restore my crowning glory. Thankyou
My mom has heavy dark circle in eye side (upper to lower) is it possible to remove dark circle. My mom is 47 years old.
Skin infection between legs and scrotal area, it got very dark and dry very itching please suggest remedy.
I am 47 years male approximately from a year ago especially in summer when ever I am out in sun my left hand and some part of my left side chest never get sweat where as the remaining part of my body perspire. Also my left hand gets too much heated and also my left hand skin gets black like sunburn. I have tried sunscreen lotion but there is no positive result. Please help me.
She is having red spot that has been spreading out from legs to upwards and slight dizziness. She had i-pill nd her monthly bleeding has just stopped yet and its been two days from today. Wat often may be the causes.
What should I do for dark circles? is there any simple and fast process for it? can it be remove in a week? please give your kind reply.
For women, hair are not just fibres, but an expression of beauty, style, and personality. Losing your hair can really freak you out. Whether it's short-term or long-term, women lose hair the same way men do. It might thin all over, or your centre part could get wider and wider.
How Does Hair Grow?
Your scalp has about 1,00,000 hair. Each one has its own life cycle. A follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of half an inch per month. It stays for 2 to 6 years, then stops for about a month. When the next cycle starts up, that hair falls out. At any given time, most of your hair are in the growth phase.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
Most people shed about 50-100 hair every day. But if it starts to fall out in clumps or if you notice it getting thinner over time, see a Dermato-Trichologist.
Major Hair Loss Triggers in women:
- Thyroid Problems: If the thyroid makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may develop progressive thinning of hair all over the scalp.
- PCOS: In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), your body makes more male hormones, or androgen, than it should. This can cause the extra hair on your face and body while the hair on your head thins out.
- Childbirth: Hair seems fuller during pregnancy because high hormone levels keep resting hairs from falling out. But after the baby comes, things go back to normal and those strands will fall out quickly. You could lose a lot of hair at once.
- The Pill: The hormones that suppress ovulation can also thin out your hair. You can also lose hair when you stop taking the pill.
- Medicines: Drugs like blood thinners, methotrexate, cholesterol lowering medications, chemotherapeutic agents, anti-depressants etc. can cause hair loss and thinning.
- Crash Diets: You may lose more than weight with a fad diet. And if you lose weight more rapidly, you might also lose hair in a couple of months.
- Deficiency: A longstanding deficiency of Iron, Folic acid, and other nutrients can also trigger off hair loss and cause hair thinning.
- Tight Hairstyles: Wearing tight ponytails can irritate your scalp and cause hair to fall out. Long-term use of these styles can scar your scalp and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Cancer Treatment: Chemo and radiation therapy, can take a toll on your hair. In their quest to kill cancer cells, both can harm hair follicles and trigger dramatic hair loss.
- Extreme Stress e.g. a serious illness, major surgery, trauma involving blood loss, severe emotional disturbance etc., can cause you to suddenly shed huge amounts of hair.
Hope this gives you a fair idea about the possible reasons for losing your lovely hair. The good news is, there's often a way to fix it. You can consult me for if you are losing hair and need a solution for the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.