Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swarnalatha S
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swarnalatha SYour feedback matters!
Hello. I had sex with my bf 2 weeks back. We had unprotected sex. He says he thinks he half pre-ejaculated some kind of light liquid I think in me. I took the ipill for safety the next day within 24 hours. After taking ipill I got a pain in my chest for some time and then it became normal. Sometimes I feel vomit too. My period is due in this week but till now I haven't got it. What the conditions that i'm facing. Am I pregnant? When will my periods resume. Please help me out as i'm a bit worried. This was my previous question but now yesterday onwards my periods have started 2-3 days late. Hope every thing is fine now doctors.
Her period cycle is of 32 days. N generally it comes around 9th of every month N last UpTo 5 days. We had got intimated on 25. Wt should we do to avoid pregnancy? Is there a chance?
Hello dr! My mother is 43 years old n is suffering from white fluid discharge regularly since the month has started. She also suffering from thyroid problem. She has not got her periods since month of October. She did her regular test n all results were -ve. Plzz do suggest what to do?
I am 28 tears old female. My period was due on 1st. But still it has not started. I have tested twice and it is showing negative. M planning since 5 months. M having abdominal pain and thigh pain as before due date. Can I still expect pregnancy. please help me. M very upset.
On the month of july I had 25 days duration for my periods but now after 06/feb my periods are not coming. What should I do.
If you are experiencing lower back pain during pregnancy, you should know that it is a common complaint. The lower back pain may occur because of several factors associated with pregnancy. You gain weight, your center of gravity shifts and your hormones relax the ligaments present in your pelvic joints. There are several ways by which you can reduce your lower back pain during pregnancy. They are as follows:
- Practice good posture: As the baby grows inside you, your center of gravity changes in a forward direction. You may feel like falling forward and may lean back for prevention. This strains the lower back muscles and causes back pain during pregnancy. You need to maintain a good posture. Always stand tall and straight, hold your chest up high, and keep your shoulders backwards and relaxed. You should not lock your knees.
- Get proper gear: Get adequate gear for dealing with lower back pain during pregnancy. You must wear low heeled shoes having good arch support. Avoid wearing flat heeled shoes and high heels, which will shift your balance more forward, thereby increasing the chances of falling. You can also opt for a maternity support belt. This additional support might be helpful for you.
- Lift properly: While you are lifting an object, you should squat down, lifting your legs and arms. Do not bend at your waist and lift with your back. Know your limits before lifting anything.
- Sleep on your side: Sleep on your sides keeping your knees bent, instead of your back during pregnancy. You may also use support pillows between your knees, under your abdomen and at your back.
- Hot and cold massage: Although this method is not effective for long term relief, massaging your lower back with a hot pad followed by an ice pack may be effective for temporary pain relief.
- Engage in regular physical activity: Regular physical activity helps you in keeping your back strong and also relieves pain during pregnancy. You should opt for mild exercises such as walking and water exercises. You should consult a physical therapist for showing you effective stretches and aerobic exercises which are beneficial.
You can try stretching your lower back, resting your hands and knees and keeping your head in line with your back. Pull your stomach in, rounding your back a bit, and hold the position for some seconds. Several other complementary therapies are also effective in curing lower back pain during pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Exercise of any kind whether it is brisk walking running or weight training if done for 30 minutes or so five days a week offers tremendous benefits both physical and mental. Several studies have proven that working out can reduce stress and boost the body's ability to deal with existing mental tension and anxiety