Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swarna Prabha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swarna PrabhaYour feedback matters!
I am feeling cramps and headache back pain, nausea, restless as I'm on ovulation induction and sex feeling on ovulation days. What should i do?
Good evening, I'm worried about my brother and sister in law they are married for about 6 years and can not have a child they have made many tests all ready but nothing. What advice can you give. Best regards.
I gained weight and I missed my period I thought thyroid and got my thyroid test done 3 months back .I thought reason for missed period is weight gain soo I want a perfect diet plan to loss my weight.
Sir, my endocrinologist gave me 10 mg methimez, after delivery, as my free t4 is 4.2, free t3 is 11, TSH is less than 0.01, in pregnancy it was in remission, now again the levels are like this, I have started since five days, am getting muscle and nerve pains in centre of palms and feet what should I do sir, one year back I used vit d (Tayo 60k). Does methimez cause pain, I have used neomercazole for six months and methimez for one years and I got pregnancy, now again started, will this Graves disease go away? I don't want to undergo other treatments sir, please tell me in detail sir.
Dysmenorrhea, also known as painful periods, or menstrual cramps, is pain during menstruation. Its usual onset occurs around the time that menstruation begins. Symptoms typically last less than three days. The pain is usually in the pelvis or lower abdomen.Period pain or dysmenorrhea, is a condition affecting up to 95 percent of menstruating women.Menstrual cramps don't cause any other medical complications, but they can interfere with school, work and social activities.
- Certain conditions associated with menstrual cramps may have complications, though. For example, endometriosis can cause fertility problems. Pelvic inflammatory disease can scar your fallopian tubes, increasing the risk of a fertilized egg implanting outside of your uterus (ectopic pregnancy).
- Dysmenorrhea is classified into two types: primary, wherein no known health conditions can account for the painful cramps, and secondary, during which the pain occurs as a result of a diagnosed disorder, such as endometriosis or uterine fibroids.The findings of a new study have shown that the intensity and duration of period pain can be reduced by up to 50 percent by administering manual acupuncture.
Urological problems occur irrespective of gender and age. So, if you don’t want to fall victim to the problems of urinary tract infection, urinary incontinence, kidneys tones or any other urological disorder, here are a few tips that can help you improve your overall urological health.
- Water is your best friend: Water and other fluids are your best friend if you want to maintain your urological health. As you already know the main purpose of the urinary system is to cleanse your body and excrete all the waste and toxic products from your body. These toxins and waste are excreted from the body with the help of urine. So, when you increase your water intake, more and more toxins will be thrown out of your body. Doctors usually recommend having at least 8 glasses of water per day. But apart from water certain fruit juices like cranberry juice, which is excellent for urological health.
- Don’t hold your urine: There are many people who have a habit of holding back their urine. Therefore, it is important for you to know that it can do your body a lot of harm. So, when you feel the urge to go to the toilet, it is essential that empty your bladder.
- Stop having alcohol and coffee: Coffee and alcohol, both have several bad effects on your body. They act as a diuretic. These two products tend to irritate the lining of your bladder. This causes urinary incontinence and you will feel the urge to urinate more frequently.
- Reduce your intake of salt: Salt is an important seasoning and is required in every dish. Consuming it is okay but some people tend to take salt in quite higher amounts. You should never do that. This leads to retention of water in your body. They often lead to an increase in your blood pressure and also leads to kidney damage. The occurrence of kidney stones also occurs on an increased salt intake. Thus, fried and canned foods should be avoided as much as possible if you want to keep the urinary tract problems at bay.
- Hygiene is very important: During intercourse, many microorganisms enter your urinary tract and they even have the potential to cause several infections. Urinary tract infections are more common in women due to the shorter length of the urethra in them. The female vagina and male groin become the hub for microorganisms. And they get transferred during sex. So, you must maintain hygiene by cleaning your private parts regularly and changing your underwear daily. Keep your genitalia clean. Wash it with a mild cleanser or even plain water would do.
These tips are very crucial and following them thoroughly will help you to maintain a proper urological health. The responsibility of maintaining a good health always lies in your own hands.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!